MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did her Jeep end up in her regular parking spot at IGA?

That could depend on the security guards relationship with Danielle, if there was one. It depends on how well he knew her? Also, I'm not certain what information is accesible to security guards? I would think they would know who's who and what vehicles belonged to which employees. Personally speaking, I worked as a contractor where the parking lot was gated, security guards routinely walked the parking lot. Until I was vetted, I had to show my license to the security guard when entering the building and sign in, in my case, the gaurds did carry guns. Alot of what I experienced may not apply to MetLife, which makes it difficult to speculate.

How did her Jeep end up in her regular parking spot at IGA?

My thought is that if the car was driven back to the apartment by someone else (which I'm still leaning it wasn't) it was parked in the regular spot by councidence solely because it was the closest spot to the door.

Have we ever heard how long Dani lived at that apartment complex?

My thought is that if the car was driven back to the apartment by someone else (which I'm still leaning it wasn't) it was parked in the regular spot by councidence solely because it was the closest spot to the door.

Or because it was one of very few spaces empty as other residents didn't park in it, either as a courtesy or simply because they had their own favourite spots.

I know I have a favourite parking spot both at work and along the road I live. Only very rarely are they taken by other people, as they also have favourite spots and are aware of each others'.

I think that if it was driven back to the apartment by someone else, then there can really only be one reason why it was parked near the door: The person driving the car was alone but had been stalking her and knew where she usually parked and did not want anyone to see anything out of order for as long as possible. Otherwise, the safest thing to do would have been to park as far as humanly possible from the building in the hopes that he would be out of range of any security cameras on the building and/or he would be able to leave the car behind without being detected by neighbors, who for all he knew, were friendly enough with DS to know her car/notice something amiss, or at least unusual, if someone else was driving it.

Sounds like he has had multiple jobs, Fire Dept, Security Guard. Most perps keep someone close by where they can keep a watch for police activity. I think he was the only one involved. Also his parents in Detroit if I remember correctly. He has her at one of his routes he is familiar with. I don't believe she is no longer with us. He may have access to an attorney due to a family connection or previous legal issue? As far as searches, they are probably waiting for his phone records to see where they should search. Just my 2 cents.

Seeing that he was a security guard he may have had access to the video feeds and footage of that day at MetLife. I wonder if he altered or deleted anything...

Have we ever heard how long Dani lived at that apartment complex?

Judging from her instagram posts, I would say about a little over a year ago.

I think that if it was driven back to the apartment by someone else, then there can really only be one reason why it was parked near the door: The person driving the car was alone but had been stalking her and knew where she usually parked and did not want anyone to see anything out of order for as long as possible. Otherwise, the safest thing to do would have been to park as far as humanly possible from the building in the hopes that he would be out of range of any security cameras on the building and/or he would be able to leave the car behind without being detected by neighbors, who for all he knew, were friendly enough with DS to know her car/notice something amiss, or at least unusual, if someone else was driving it.

Or maybe he had been there with her before?

Just wanting to give my two cents on potential interactions between employees and a company's security guard(s). I work for a large insurance company (NOT MetLife) that occupies all floors of a building in an office complex/park. Our building has ONE security guard in the main entrance/lobby area. This guy works 12-16 hour days almost every day, and there are two other guys who fill in when they are out. He has a few monitors in his desk with cameras on elevators, hallways, etc.

In my building, every single employee passes this guy at least twice a day and everyone interacts with him. Some people just do the "what's up" nod, some are chattier, and some instant message him asking for him to receive sandwich deliveries for them and whatnot. None of it seems weird. He doesn't strike me as creepy, but I just keep thinking that if this were someone from my office....I don't know what I'm trying to say, but I just feel like my office might be similar to DS's and the "security guard" isn't one of several random guys who are just out in the parking lot in patrol cars who would have to be creeping at a distance or engaging in obvious stalker-like behavior. He could easily be keeping tabs on someone in particular while doing his job and not come across as a concern to anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wanting to give my two cents on potential interactions between employees and a company's security guard(s). I work for a large insurance company (NOT MetLife) that occupies all floors of a building in an office complex/park. Our building has ONE security guard in the main entrance/lobby area. This guy works 12-16 hour days almost every day, and there are two other guys who fill in when they are out. He has a few monitors in his desk with cameras on elevators, hallways, etc.

In my building, every single employee passes this guy at least twice a day and everyone interacts with him. Some people just do the "what's up" nod, some are chattier, and some instant message him asking for him to receive sandwich deliveries for them and whatnot. None of it seems weird. He doesn't strike me as creepy, but I just keep thinking that if this were someone from my office....I don't know what I'm trying to say, but I just feel like my office might be similar to DS's and the "security guard" isn't one of several random guys who are just out in the parking lot in patrol cars who would have to be creeping at a distance or engaging in obvious stalker-like behavior. He could easily be keeping tabs on someone in particular while doing his job and not come across as a concern to anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree, because unfortunately the job of a security guard is a trusted position which brings up all kinds of concerns! He may know addresses of employees, he may or may not carry a gun, he may have access to areas that are restricted to others, he may have access to cameras and the ability to delete or erase footage, he may know habits of employees, he may know what vehicles employees drive.

Or maybe he had been there with her before?

True, I would add that to "stalking" as a source of information about where she usually parked. But I do think that if someone else drove the car there, the choice of parking spot was not random or out of convenience.

True, I would add that to "stalking" as a source of information about where she usually parked. But I do think that if someone else drove the car there, the choice of parking spot was not random or out of convenience.

Me​ neither.

Me​ neither.

Just a thought that occurred to me while pondering the riskiness of parking near the building: If the person driving the car was not DS and DS was not with the person driving, perhaps the person driving had an urgent reason to go into her apartment before leaving the complex. He would have had the keys and could have done so. In that case, it would have made sense to park close.

Just a thought that occurred to me while pondering the riskiness of parking near the building: If the person driving the car was not DS and DS was not with the person driving, perhaps the person driving had an urgent reason to go into her apartment before leaving the complex. He would have had the keys and could have done so. In that case, it would have made sense to park close.

Yes, that's true. You might be onto something there. Also, wasn't it said earlier on that her apartment (or the things in her apartment) were 'mostly undisturbed.' Well that to me, sounds like something was disturbed but not all. Could have been whoever drove that jeep.

Sounds simply like he has a lot to hide and she doesn't. I wouldn't lock down my facebook, refuse to talk to LE etc if I was innocent. Lets put it like that. I might be wrong but who hides from something that's nothing to do with them.

BBM
I'm really trying to figure out why this response keeps coming up. Does it have to do with what part of the USA we live in? Personal backgrounds/circumstances? Because I WOULD (if I was on SM) shut down everything knowing that people will dissect every inch of my (as of now) innocent life. This is the very essence of why people get a lawyer to protect their rights. I'm not picking on you kpetrova, honestly, your post just popped up as one to highlight. I live in CA and I don't see anything at all suspicious about someone protecting their rights. This forum alone seems to have all but convicted and sentenced the person associated with the house searched. JMO.

So what if DS had a consensual relationship with the alleged perp. This may explain the evidence and searching, mattress, etc. but he may not be the actual abductor. Any scenarios WS could conjure up?

"Highway 24" is not really a highway, like an interstate type road. Locals call it "Telegraph", not 24. It is a very busy and heavily traveled road, especially in that area, on most days. There is a lot of traffic because it connects so many different cities, without having to take the city roads-with many stops/lights- or freeways. My family lives up there and once you get off a major freeway, you are taking roads to navigate around all the lakes or driving through a town. Both of which slow down your commute and are heavily traveled.

I don't really know how to explain it best for people not in the area but I hate driving up there because of all of the traffic and 'back roads' to get places. But it is not "back roads" like in the country. My aunt lives about 25 minutes from me but it took me almost 50+ minutes to get to their house because once I got off "24", I had to take several other roads to get to her place around the lakes. Although 24 does have traffic lights that slow people down, in addition to the heavy traffic, it is mostly a straight shot to get you close to where you need to be. Other family members actually prefer to take 24/Telegraph, over 275 and 75.

Of course other locals may not agree completely, but that is my view of it. For what it's worth..
Telegraph is a great road for gas mileage. You can go 45-50 with no pressure to go faster for miles on end with hardly any stops. The best timing of traffic lights in the area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BBM
I'm really trying to figure out why this response keeps coming up. Does it have to do with what part of the USA we live in? Personal backgrounds/circumstances? Because I WOULD (if I was on SM) shut down everything knowing that people will dissect every inch of my (as of now) innocent life. This is the very essence of why people get a lawyer to protect their rights. I'm not picking on you kpetrova, honestly, your post just popped up as one to highlight. I live in CA and I don't see anything at all suspicious about someone protecting their rights. This forum alone seems to have all but convicted and sentenced the person associated with the house searched. JMO.

He might well be innocent, which is why I said I might be wrong. I all but convicted and sentenced a different person in my own mind early on this investigation and it looks as if I was wrong, so I'm open to being wrong again :)

But I would be happy to leave my facebook open for people to go over if they wish - IF - I was innocent. I would have nothing to hide so would be of the attitude look at my profile, you won't find anything.

Your quite right and I understand other people are just more private. I think I am coupling that with the fact that he has refused to speak to LE. Two things that I, and maybe only I, consider to be strange actions of an innocent being.

Will/do detectives work through the weekends/holidays on cases like this or will they be off for the holidays? I know most LE will obviously work, with some on-call/working overtime, but would special departments work something similiar or work mostly a 'day shift'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther