MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm ... I'll eat your fajitas if you don't want them!
Carry on. :D

Bwahahaha, it's seriously the ONLY thing she can cook that isn't pre-prepared. I love you to death, but stop with the fajitas, Cate. [emoji23][emoji6]

Quote Dexter75 : No detail is ever too small & no question ever not worth asking.
What you just mentioned re; food & ingredients then leading to a particular store could absolutely prove helpful in a case, perhaps even this case.

Hey Dexter75 !

Absolutely agree with everything you said.

I think about Nia's thread. She went into a store she frequented often and then "evil" followed her out.

L.E. is closely guarding so many details and I am hoping, praying and believing that the reason for this is that they are
building a case and are close to solving this.

Shutting it down only leads the way for the next site....unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I agree but it is sickening to think about this site full of obvious illegal activity just being out there untouched. If there was a stance taken on it, similar sites that came up could be taken down as well. Of course, each site would get a little "wiser" with how things are posted and advertised.

On a positive note, to those that think nothing is being done about it, that is not true. I personally know of FBI detectives specifically assigned to monitor backpage daily and follow up on leads that do lead to stings.

One of the largest barriers, though, is that many of the victims do not see themselves as victims and when rescued, go back. They often also will not testify against or even name Johns, which makes prosecution very challenging. This can be out of legitimate fear or because they do not want to betray the john, who they feel loves them. All Johns are not physically abusive and violent- many are charming and referred to as "Romeo" pimps. Pimps /Johns seek out vulnerable girls who they see as weak and can easily be manipulated. Just more reason I don't see this being the likely scenario for DS.

It is more likely, I think, that she has been abducted by someone that she knows (maybe a stalker) and may be being raped and held against her will or..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think what she was cooking is also important because they can see if she had the ingredients still in her apt. JMO

I respectfully disagree. Shutting down Backpage through current or future legislation would also impact any other sites specifically used for illegal purposes. IMO, there is no doubt that limiting the online presence would negatively impact the accessibility for traffickers and Johns.

Shutting it down only leads the way for the next site....unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What I saw was definitely in this discussion board, but it's so big I am using a hard time finding it again. The post was about hearing that she was seen entering a house onthe "east side" meaning north/east Detroit area. I think the post even has streets referenced. Just wanted to look at it again and now I can't find it.

I do recall the discussion. If I'm remembering correctly, it was determined that it was not Danielle, though. If I can find the post(s), I'll edit this one to include the link.

I do recall the discussion. If I'm remembering correctly, it was determined that it was not Danielle, though. If I can find the post(s), I'll edit this one to include the link.
The description of the coat did not match to what she was last known to be wearing.

I don't know...I guess maybe if she stopped at a particular store to pick up ingredients specific to a certain meal and someone followed her home from there?
Really, it probably does not matter. I Just somehow got fixed on the lack of details that probably don't matter much anyways.
Reading the above, I remembered I got followed from store to store unnoticed, for an afternoon in London. As I was walking back, leafy suburb, no houses, just trees, with an opening in the wall and huge embankment, this guy, came from behind, just as I was at the embankment and said he had been following me all afternoon and would I go out on a date with him. I quickly looked around and he followed my vision and someone came walking, across the road, I called across to the person and said that's my friend, he ran, back up the road. This person told me that women had been attacked, in that very spot, by being pushed down the opening into the embankment. Pretty creepy to be honest but it does happen and could have happened to Danielle.

I'm in full agreement and didn't mean to imply that nothing is being done. I just hate to see the law twisted in such a way to protect criminals and their activities (lack of prosecution for Backpage owners). With respect to DS, IMO, the only way trafficking would come into play would be to unload her for a monetary gain (and possibly vengeance) as she would likely be taken out of state and the perp(s) may not have thought her disappearance would be traced back to them. I honestly believe LE has their man (based on surveillance taken in the parking lot) and it was likely someone familiar to DS.

I agree but it is sickening to think about this site full of obvious illegal activity just being out there untouched. If there was a stance taken on it, similar sites that came up could be taken down as well. Of course, each site would get a little "wiser" with how things are posted and advertised.

On a positive note, to those that think nothing is being done about it, that is not true. I personally know of FBI detectives specifically assigned to monitor backpage daily and follow up on leads that do lead to stings.

One of the largest barriers, though, is that many of the victims do not see themselves as victims and when rescued, go back. They often also will not testify against or even name Johns, which makes prosecution very challenging. This can be out of legitimate fear or because they do not want to betray the john, who they feel loves them. All Johns are not physically abusive and violent- many are charming and referred to as "Romeo" pimps. Pimps /Johns seek out vulnerable girls who they see as weak and can easily be manipulated. Just more reason I don't see this being the likely scenario for DS.

It is more likely, I think, that she has been abducted by someone that she knows (maybe a stalker) and may be being raped and held against her will or..

I'm in full agreement and didn't mean to imply that nothing is being done. I just hate to see the law twisted in such a way to protect criminals and their activities (lack of prosecution for Backpage owners). With respect to DS, IMO, the only way trafficking would come into play would be to unload her for a monetary gain (and possibly vengeance) as she would likely be taken out of state and the perp(s) may not have thought her disappearance would be traced back to them. I honestly believe LE has their man (based on surveillance taken in the parking lot) and it was likely someone familiar to DS.
Agree completely.

I really feel like I'm missing something here. Every time I check WS out, I have pages worth of new posts to read on this case, yet there hasn't been any new development in what, 2 weeks or more? I keep getting my hopes up only to read the same details rehashed & the same couple of theories dissected to Nth degree.

Dani is a very sympathetic victim. The case has some intrigue (but really not that much). What gives?!?

I don't want to take away interest, I'm just baffled why this case is getting so much more attention than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called the tip line. She said they are getting lots of calls about backpages. I gave her what info I had, saying its most likely not her, but all the places that they have shared she has tattoos were all parts if her body not shown..... She said she will get info to detective and if they need the screenshot they will call me. A few have asked where I saw it, I did not share that here just in case a POI is here by some chance

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Way to go!!! There is no such thing as a tip that's unimportant.

I really feel like I'm missing something here. Every time I check WS out, I have pages worth of new posts to read on this case, yet there hasn't been any new development in what, 2 weeks or more? I keep getting my hopes up only to read the same details rehashed & the same couple of theories dissected to Nth degree.

Dani is a very sympathetic victim. The case has some intrigue (but really not that much). What gives?!?

I don't want to take away interest, I'm just baffled why this case is getting so much more attention than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only speak for myself but this case is local and specifically drew me to this site. The lack of information and continued local focus keeps me interested. I can't answer why other unsolved missing cases get less attention and don't see how that is relevant.

Last note.

I have a question.

Should we be more concerned about what was supposedly the dinner plans from Danielles friend?

Or should we be more concerned with asking her family and LE;

Why did you call off searches and focus on a house that belong to the security guard FG?

Last note.

I have a question.

Should we be more concerned about what was supposedly the dinner plans from Danielles friend?

Why did you call off searches and focus on a house that belong to the security guard FG?

I'm pretty sure LE will not be answering that question.

Last note.

I have a question.

I just literally watched a programme where a young girl had gone missing and they called off the search after two days and locals were up in arms about it. The investigators explained why they did so.... Whilst LE don't like ground searches done by members of the public AT ALL, they tend to accept them in the first place whilst time is of the essence. After the initial hours and days, they very often ask people to stop doing ground searches. The time for 'healthy return' has sadly passed and now they concentrate on the investigation and potential discovery of a crime scene which needs to be as intact as possible.

It doesn't mean they've stopped looking; it means they're looking in a different way. They're piecing together clues and information, rather than asking people to rake over land and potentially destroy evidence and/or have the perpetrator in a position to insert themselves into a crime scene/search party etc.

It's not unusual for LE to call off search parties and concentrate on their own, controlled searches. I don't see this as a problem at this stage. Although, like anyone, I of course hope for news soon.

As for FG, time and forensics will tell...

Agree.

But it was stated that they often did get togethers.

So my question would be.

How does FG fit into this dinner menu if this supposed menu is important?

Either she went willingly with him because it fit in her timeline (if she wasn't rushed), or he forced himself into her plans that night. I'm guessing he was not invited to dinner. ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/04/police-hunt-for-clues-in-disappearance-michigan-woman.html
Police hunt for clues in disappearance of Michigan woman
FoxNews.com 1/4/17

Could be just a change of wording on their part, but that article says: "Danielle Stislicki was last seen around 5 p.m. on December 2, walking out of the Metlife insurance company building where she worked in Southfield, a northern suburb of Detroit. "

I keep reading different thoughts of whether she was seen leaving work, in the parking lot, leaving her desk,etc. So not sure if this is "true info" or just the way they worded it in this article...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven