Identified! MI - Highland Park, BiracialFem 15-22, UP11787, teddy bear watch, Sz 8 1/2 shoes, May'96 - Mindy Clevidence

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/ortega_crystal.html

Crystal Lynn Ortega?

Tried to get a photo compare but my computer hates me today. She'd be almost 14 1/2 at time of death. Crystal went missing with her sister, Misty in August 1995 from TX. Her sister fits the age range more but Crystal fits the height.
http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Highland_Park_Jane_Doe
Crystal and her sister Misty have been ruled out on Namus.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Her DNA is in NamUs now, post-exhumation. Dentals are entered as well (how I wish you could still see these on Namus!). So Misty Copsey can be considered as ruled out by CODIS, I think. Also, Misty's described as 5'8" and Jane Doe as 5'3" - I think that's a difference too big...

Her DNA is in NamUs now, post-exhumation. Dentals are entered as well (how I wish you could still see these on Namus!). So Misty Copsey can be considered as ruled out by CODIS, I think. Also, Misty's described as 5'8" and Jane Doe as 5'3" - I think that's a difference too big...
It's a different Misty, Misty Ortega. I think someone else mentioned MC up-thread, but I agree the height and even the time frame are way off. I never thought she was a runaway so I doubt she'd be off somewhere years later.

(Since we are talking about Misty) oh, how I wish her case would be resolved.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

[h=1]Highland Park Jane Doe murder victim remains unidentified after more than 20 years[/h]
poster_9f1ab7b235994be5804b4a33da05acb3_81815747_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

According to MSP, she was shot to death at close range. Her homicide was brutal and bloody. Police say she was shot in the neck with a shotgun at point blank range.

The murder happened in an alley behind the home at 387 Cortland in Highland Park in May of 1996. A neighbor who came forward at the time said they heard a shotgun blast in the middle of the night. The body was found the next day.

Someone out there knows something about the case. Someone out there must know who she is.
Police believe she was between 15 and 25-years-old at the time of the murder. That would mean she would be between 37 and 46-years-old today.
Officers believe the victim was bi-racial - possibly Caucasian and African American. She had tight, curled hair that was brown with a reddish tint. She was 5'3" and weighed about 200 pounds.

She was not wearing makeup and had freckles all over her face.
At the time of the murder, police say she was "dressed like a 5-year-old" with a white bow in her hair, A white skirt and a shirt with smiley faces and lip marks on it. She was also wearing a teddy bear watch.
This has led investigators to believe she may have been special needs or in foster care, and that someone may not even realize that she is missing.
https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wa...remains-unidentified-after-more-than-20-years

Wait. I seem to recall this poor Jane had advanced STD. So she was previously thought to possibly be in the sex trade. Maybe she was sn and her caretaker was abusing her [emoji30]or maybe she was a sex worker who specialized in fetish of dressing like a little girl [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait. I seem to recall this poor Jane had advanced STD. So she was previously thought to possibly be in the sex trade. Maybe she was sn and her caretaker was abusing her [emoji30]or maybe she was a sex worker who specialized in fetish of dressing like a little girl [emoji30]

I hadn't thought of the fetish dressing but it seems like a possibility.

I don't see the fetish dressing honestly. If it were I'd see it being more exaggerated like Baby Spice from the Spice Girls, which came out that same year. The clothing seems typical to me for that time. In the 90s late teen/young adults wore butterfly hair clips and the baby doll look was in. As for her watch, I found it online listed as Ladies.

Just so it's out there, the PID diagnosis doesn't always mean it was caused by an STD. There are non-sexual infections if left untreated that can cause it as well. One thing I wondered about that is if she had an STD wouldn't they list that in her medical description? I remember seeing Orange Socks listed as having gonorrhea. If she got PID from an STD it wouldn't just disappear right thus being detected during her autopsy? This is why I suspect she could have gotten it from an untreated infection.

I don't see the fetish dressing honestly. If it were I'd see it being more exaggerated like Baby Spice from the Spice Girls, which came out that same year. The clothing seems typical to me for that time. In the 90s late teen/young adults wore butterfly hair clips and the baby doll look was in. As for her watch, I found it online listed as Ladies.

Just so it's out there, the PID diagnosis doesn't always mean it was caused by an STD. There are non-sexual infections if left untreated that can cause it as well. One thing I wondered about that is if she had an STD wouldn't they list that in her medical description? I remember seeing Orange Socks listed as having gonorrhea. If she got PID from an STD it wouldn't just disappear right thus being detected during her autopsy? This is why I suspect she could have gotten it from an untreated infection.

That's all possible too. I also remember them saying she was negative for illicit drugs but could have been a smoker. However, she may have just been from a household where someone smoked.

Yes, she certainly could be just dressed for an evening out. As you point out, that little-girl look was in style.

But it's still a look that appeals to a certain kind of paying client :(

DN_LOGO_cases.png

2324DFVA - Thylea Chisholm

TChisholm.jpg

Name: Thylea Chisholm
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 17, 1995
Location Last Seen: Chesterfield County, County, Virginia

Physical Description
Date of Birth: June 1974
Race: White
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 130 - 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Thylea Chisholm was last seen just after midnight on June 18, 1995 in the Strathmore apartments area. Chisholm had a history of huffing spray paint.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Chesterfield County Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: (804) 748-0660
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 1087

Information Source(s)
NamUs

Admin Notes
Added: 5/9/07; Last Updated: 10/28/17

Questions or comments? Please contact appropriate member of the Area Team

** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Return Home

The first thing I thought when reading the entire description was she may have been a victim of a child *advertiser censored* ring. A victim that may have aged-out or out lived her uses. My thought is she may have been kidnapped at young age which is why we're not finding a match.

The first thing I thought when reading the entire description was she may have been a victim of a child *advertiser censored* ring. A victim that may have aged-out or out lived her uses. My thought is she may have been kidnapped at young age which is why we're not finding a match.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
The only possibility I can think of. She would've been 21 or so by 1996. Unfortunately, I can't find any higher quality photos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back