MI MI - James 'Jimmy' Hoffa, 62, Bloomfield Hills, 30 July 1975

I saw this on the local news earlier. They say it's a private property, about 85 acres. They made a huge deal of it, of course, saying it must be big news because thirty or so agents are there.

Jules said:
:waitasec: Is Whoraldo there??? :crazy:
Give him time, lol! Maybe Al Capone has a vault there, too! :D

It's interesting that the FBI basically turned the case over to Oakland Co. Prosecuters 3 years ago, but suddenly they take over investigation of this tip without even telling the Prosecuter! Makes me think it is a major tip and the FBI decided IT wanted to be credited with solving the crime, after all.

I don't mean to be cruel here.. But why are tax payers dollars still being spent on this?

I am sorry that his family doesn't know where his remains are ... But this all out effort everytime some mafia hit man writes a book and confesses seems a bit silly to me.
Aren't there better ways to spend money? Perhaps trying to find people missing now?

Amraann said:
I don't mean to be cruel here.. But why are tax payers dollars still being spent on this?

I am sorry that his family doesn't know where his remains are ... But this all out effort everytime some mafia hit man writes a book and confesses seems a bit silly to me.
Aren't there better ways to spend money? Perhaps trying to find people missing now?
Justice is justice is justice.

Amraann said:

Me too Amraann!!! We are now getting to a generation in this country where Hoffa is a myth, not an actual person. I bet many of the missings families would love this kind of attention...and they aren't even mobsters but really good people! :doh:

Jules said:
:waitasec: Is Whoraldo there??? :crazy:

OK damnit, diet coke just shot out my nose!!! Whorealdo, too too funny!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2XL said:
OK damnit, diet coke just shot out my nose!!! Whorealdo, too too funny!!

Sorry. ;) I can't take credit for that though. Someone else referred to him that way a few years ago and I did the same thing! The name has stuck with me ever since. :p That is his real name, right??? :confused: :D

On our local news they interviewed some of the residents of Milford. It seems the rumors of Hoffa possibly being buried somewhere on the farm started back in the late 70's. I wonder what the big deal is now, after all this time.

EDIT: Oops, I see that info is in the article DK linked to. I should read before I speak. :blushing:

Amraann said:

glad you said it--- i was afraid to!

Dark Knight said:
Justice is justice is justice.

I agree that justice is justice... BUT I think its no mystery that Hoffa was killed by the now mostly inactive Mafia. More then likely the guilty party is either dead or in Prison already. Certainly the people who directed the killing are dead.

IMO the justice system is meant to mostly keep dangerous people out of society. I think justice would be better served working towards getting killers off the street who are actively killing people NOW.

Marthatex said:
I thought they were supposed to be looking for terrorists.

Martha, you'd be surprised at just how many things the FBI does, in addition to looking for terrorists:

What is the FBI?
The FBI is the principal investigative arm of the United States Department of Justice. It has the authority and responsibility to investigate specific crimes assigned to it. The FBI also is authorized to provide other law enforcement agencies with cooperative services, such as fingerprint identification, laboratory examinations, and police training.

What is the mission of the FBI?
The mission of the FBI is to uphold the law through the investigation of violations of federal criminal law; to protect the United States from foreign intelligence and terrorist activities; to provide leadership and law enforcement assistance to federal, state, local, and international agencies; and to perform these responsibilities in a manner that is responsive to the needs of the public and is faithful to the Constitution of the United States.

Amraann said:
I agree that justice is justice... BUT I think its no mystery that Hoffa was killed by the now mostly inactive Mafia. More then likely the guilty party is either dead or in Prison already. Certainly the people who directed the killing are dead.

IMO the justice system is meant to mostly keep dangerous people out of society. I think justice would be better served working towards getting killers off the street who are actively killing people NOW.
Make those statements in the Cold Cases forum and see what kind of reaction you get, lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back