MI MI - James 'Jimmy' Hoffa, 62, Bloomfield Hills, 30 July 1975

DK the difference between this case and and any other cold case is that its a fair certainty that whomever was responsible for Hoffa's death is no longer a threat to society.

Amraann said:
DK the difference between this case and and any other cold case is that its a fair certainty that whomever was responsible for Hoffa's death is no longer a threat to society.
But I would think that his family would find comfort in finally knowing.

Amraann said:
I think people just don't feel any compassion for the Hoffa family, including those still alive seeking justice, due to their associations. But I love you anyways. :blowkiss:

I am interested in this case merely because it is an "unsolved mystery." Someone somewhere knows what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. Perhaps, someone who was actually present during his murder and burial gave the FBI its latest tip. I hope that they find his remains, but I also hope that they reveal exactly what happened to him the night that he disappeared.

Dark Knight said:
I think people just don't feel any compassion for the Hoffa family, including those still alive seeking justice, due to their associations. But I love you anyways. :blowkiss:
OHHH I did not mean to imply that at all. It really isn't about lacking compassion for the family (not for me anyhow) Its about spending all that effort and money when other more recent pending cases need attention.

The article says that finding a body is extremely difficult, like looking for a needle in a haystack. They couldn't find the body 30 years ago. So, you'd think that it would be even more difficult to locate it today. I wish them the best of luck.

There's a store in town selling T-shirts-

Front: Milford. A good place to meet friends
Back: And a great place to bury your enemies

LOL! Too funny.

bump

Evidentally the FBI believes they received reliable info regarding the burial site.

By TIM MARTIN, AP

MILFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan (May 18) - The FBI said it was searching property northwest of Detroit for clues to the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa, a powerful union leader who was last seen more than 30 years ago. TV newscasts showed people with shovels and freshly turned dirt at the site.

Agent Dawn Clenney, an FBI spokeswoman, said the bureau executed a search warrant Wednesday in Milford Township, about 35 miles from Detroit. Investigators are looking for "evidence of criminal activity that may have occurred under previous ownership" on the property, Clenney said. Asked if they were looking for Hoffa's remains, she said, "Could be," but declined to comment further.

A law enforcement source in Washington, D.C., said Wednesday's search was based on information developed several years ago and verified more recently. There was suspicious activity on the farm the day Hoffa vanished, with a backhoe appearing near a barn, the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing. Organized crime figures had used the area for meetings, but the location was never used again after Hoffa disappeared, the source said. The Teamsters leader was last seen in July 1975 at a Michigan restaurant.

Reporters were not allowed on the property, described by local media as a horse farm. Images shot from news helicopters showed about a dozen people, some with shovels, standing by an area of newly turned dirt.

Deb Koskovich, 52, said one of her neighbors told her after she moved next door to the farm in 1985 that Hoffa was buried there. "He laughed and we laughed and that was the end of that," said Koskovich, adding that she would be surprised if Hoffa's remains were found. "I never thought about it again until today." Clenney said the bureau receives numerous leads about Hoffa and "this was one we felt we needed to follow up on."

In May 2004, authorities ripped up the floorboards of a Detroit home where Frank Sheeran, a one-time Hoffa ally, had claimed he shot Hoffa to death. But no evidence related to the infamous, unsolved killing was found.

Associated Press Writer Mark Sherman in Washington, D.C., contributed to this report.

Source:
AOL News - FBI Searches Michigan Site for Signs of Jimmy Hoffa

Link:
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060517173709990019&ncid=NWS00010000000001

What a dreadful waste of taxpayer $$$$. The man was a , gone for many years. Aside from his family, who really cares? There are so many upstanding citizens, including far too many children, missing. I would much prefer to see someone looking for those people.

Opie said:
What a dreadful waste of taxpayer $$$$. The man was a , gone for many years. Aside from his family, who really cares? There are so many upstanding citizens, including far too many children, missing. I would much prefer to see someone looking for those people.
1. His family has a right to closure, same as anyone else. Even if he was a "."

2. The FBI said today there are still prosecutable defendants alive, and the investigation will continue as a result, just not the search of the farm.

I see no problem with it, it's what they do.

...he was buried there at one time and then moved (and reburied/disposed of somewhere else)....only they cannot prove it...

Our local news had the price tag at $250,000 plus the cost of replacing the barn. :eek:

ljwf22 said:
Our local news had the price tag at $250,000 plus the cost of replacing the barn. :eek:
The Free Press reported that the whole operation cost under $250,000, including the cost of the barn. :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back