MI MI - James 'Jimmy' Hoffa, 62, Bloomfield Hills, 30 July 1975

The Kansas City branch of organized crime is said to have made very good use of the deep abandoned mine shafts here in northeast OK. Also the strip pits here and just across the border in southeast KS.

This month marks 37 years since Hoffa vanished.

Sounds promising, but so have a lot of things.

Police to search for remains of Jimmy Hoffa under Roseville driveway (Detroit Free Press)
Police will be taking soil core samples at a home in Roseville on Friday in search of the remains of missing Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa, whose 1975 disappearance sparked one of the 20th century’s biggest mysteries.

“We received information from an individual who saw something,” Roseville Police Chief James Berlin told the Free Press. “The information seemed credible, so we decided to follow up on it.”
---
“We do not know if this is Jimmy,” Berlin said.

The tipster told police Hoffa’s body may have been buried under the driveway of the home in the 18700 block of Florida, a residential neighborhood northwest of 12 Mile and Gratiot.

Berlin said the informant “thought it was Jimmy because the same time this happened was the same time Jimmy disappeared,” Berlin said.
---
much more at link above

I highly doubt he was "buried" anywhere, but they can knock themselves out if they like.
I agree. The persons who kidnapped him would have had, I think, access to blast furnaces and car crushers and the like.

Certainly can't think why he would end up beneath a driveway in Roseville.

But not all criminals can be called masterminds.

....this kind of reminds me of when Geraldo Rivera went to peek inside Al Capone's tomb......:floorlaugh:

Cops to search for Hoffa under Roseville driveway (Detroit News)
---
Keith Corbett investigated Hoffa tips between 1990 and 2004.
---
"We viewed most of them with a jaundiced eye, to put it kindly, as I would view this one," Corbett said Wednesday.
---
"I would want some indication that they were in a position to know," Corbett said. "Whose house in Roseville was it? Was it a (La Cosa Nostra) guy or an associate? What kind of neighborhood was it at the time? Was it residential? It's unlikely somebody would take a chance burying a guy at that time. If it was in the middle of nowhere 37 years ago, that might make it more reasonable."
---
more at the link

Huh. And my Mom always swore that if I ever cleaned under my bed, I'd find Jimmy Hoffa and the Lindbergh baby.

Looks like Mom was wrong. Well, about Hoffa.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-checking-hoffa-tip-detroit-suburb-220952299.html
DETROIT (AP)
~snipped~
After Roseville police received the most recent tip, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality used ground penetrating radar on a 12-foot-by-12-foot patch beneath the driveway, said agency spokesman Brad Wurfel.

It found "that the earth had been disturbed at some point in time," Berlin said.

The environmental quality department on Friday will take soil samples that will be sent to a forensic anthropologist at Michigan State University to "have it tested for human decomposition," Berlin said.

Results are not expected until next week.

“We received information from an individual who saw something,” Roseville Police Chief James Berlin told the Free Press. “The information seemed credible, so we decided to follow up on it.”

There must have been more then 'information from an individual who saw something' or they'd be digging all over the place whenever someone called in and said they know where he is.
I really don't think they'll ever find him.

There have been so many wild goose chases in search of Jimmy Hoffa's body that it gets to be a little ridiculous whenever there's yet another possible burial site :rolleyes:

I think Hoffa was drugged while dining at the former Machus restaurant, shot execution-style by his dinner companions, and his body put into a trash compactor so that remains would never be found :moo:

This could be an example of the "hide in plain sight" phenomenon. If it's not, welp.

Police standing watch over suburban driveway that may hold remains of missing Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa

are walking, driving past Roseville home that authorities say may hold key to Hoffa's disappearance

Published On: Sep 27 2012 02:57:09 PM EDT

ROSEVILLE, Mich. -
Police are standing watch over a suburban Detroit driveway where authorities have been told the body of former missing Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa may have been buried...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ffa/-/1719418/16765510/-/qtcundz/-/index.html

September 27, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Roseville Police: Body may be under driveway, but probably not Hoffa's
By Charles E. Ramirez
The Detroit News

Roseville — Police are investigating whether a body is buried under the driveway of a Roseville home, but even if there is, they doubt it's Jimmy Hoffa, officials said Thursday.

Roseville Police Chief James Berlin said investigators received credible information about a homicide victim interred about 35 years ago around the site on Florida Street near 12 Mile and Gratiot Avenue...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120927/METRO/209270458#ixzz27hNcIPm1

Feds Spend Hundreds Of Thousands On Hoffa Search, New Dig Happens Friday

September 27, 2012 12:42 PM

Reporting Charlie Langton

ROSEVILLE (Talk Radio 1270) Will Jimmy Hoffa’s remains turn up under an unassuming driveway in suburban Roseville, Mich. — or is this a case of “another day, another futile search for Hoffa’s body?”

“Motor City Mafia” author and Detroit mob expert Scott Burnstein thinks there’s no way the Mafia left the Teamsters boss in a place where he could be recovered after he disappeared from a Bloomfield Hills restaurant in 1975...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/09...sands-on-hoffa-search-new-dig-happens-friday/

Still a good story even if it's not Jimbo. (And I set the odds that it's not Hoffa at 85.15.) If a body is found, it might help clear a missing persons case that someone, somewhere, still cares about deeply.

According to Richard Kuklinski: "According to Kuklinski, the murder was carried out for the Mafia and he was paid $40,000 to do it. Kuklinski describes driving to Detroit with four other gangsters and meeting Hoffa in a suburban restaurant. They hustled him away in their car and Kuklinski knocked him unconscious and stabbed him in the head with a hunting knife. Kuklinski then drove the body back to New Jersey in the boot of the car, which was crushed and sold as scrap metal. 'He's part of a car somewhere in Japan right now,' Kuklinski tells Carlo in the book, which will be published in July." http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/apr/23/paulharris.theobserver

Can look at it 2 ways: Why trust a hitman/serial killer or why would he lie?

I had always heard that he was buried in concrete, but part of a bridge that was being built at the time. I guess anything is possible. I always figured we'd never know.

If not it's Hoffa, though, then I wonder who is buried there, and who the source is!

The only part of the "drove him to New Jersey in the trunk" story is, why drive him all the way to New Jersey in the trunk? If this was organized crime (and it was) they were sure to have ample resources in Michigan including, one would think, friendly auto yard people who would gladly crush his body in a car and then have the metal scrapped, no remains to speak of.

One rear-ender on the way to New Jersey with a body in your trunk and you're basically screwed. you'd think.

It has been over 37 years since Jimmy Hoffa disappeared. I doubt that he just ran away, got lost in the woods, or fell overboard while fishing.

It was obviously a mob hit and his body was disposed of. I wonder if we will ever know for certain what went down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back