Found Deceased MI - Jerome Ezell, 27, Lansing, 7 Nov 2017

IMO, He was supposed to take the baby to the daycare. If he planned on leaving at his own will, why not take the child to the daycare first then leave? I'm not liking this situation at all. I am grateful the baby is ok but I fear something may have happened to him. Family is saying the police aren't helping in the search because there is no sign of foul play. I would think the police would be looking for him if for no other reason but to charge him with child abandonment or neglect or something like that if they think he walked away. Either way, the family would get the help they need to find him. IMO.

Oops, JazzTune not JaxzTune.

No problem, LisaWL7TR. I am the queen of typos myself. I never see them either until it's way too late.

Note my first post on this thread. Writing about the look of relief on the baby's face when he saw his mother, I wrote 'on his face' twice in the same sentence for reasons still unknown.

Never even noticed it til after the edit button was long gone...

You're right though. It IS a cute picture of Jerome and his baby.

So hoping the family is able to get more information that will bring Jerome home safe...

IMO, He was supposed to take the baby to the daycare. If he planned on leaving at his own will, why not take the child to the daycare first then leave? I'm not liking this situation at all. I am grateful the baby is ok but I fear something may have happened to him. Family is saying the police aren't helping in the search because there is no sign of foul play. I would think the police would be looking for him if for no other reason but to charge him with child abandonment or neglect or something like that if they think he walked away. Either way, the family would get the help they need to find him. IMO.
Sad. Yeah if anything would have happened to that baby they would be looking all over for him.

Hi. I'm new to websleuths but am following this case and tried to learn as much information as I could yesterday. It seems to me that there is some confusion or things worth pointing out that sometimes get missed on facebook but I thought maybe on a site like this could prove helpful.

<modsnip>

I was thinking last night and the fact that his keys were there, and in an unlocked vehicle...it makes me wonder if he was not the last person to drive it. Could someone have "dumped" it there? It seems unlikely that a father of a 5 month old would 1) abandon said child, or 2) leave them in a vehicle for long unless expecting to be Right Back, but doubly so WITH the doors unlocked and who would leave the keys in the vehicle on top of that, unless it was someone else whose vehicle it wasn't but who didn't want to be tied to it in any way (perhaps drove it away from a crime scene?).

I dunno. Just thoughts.

Just a reminder to all that Websleuths does not allow discussion of social media posts made by the general public. They are considered rumor and rumors grow very long legs and end up being recalled/repeated as fact, when they are not.

Stick to known facts as released by MSM / LE.

:tyou:

Just a reminder to all that Websleuths does not allow discussion of social media posts made by the general public. They are considered rumor and rumors grow very long legs and end up being recalled/repeated as fact, when they are not.

Stick to known facts as released by MSM / LE.

:tyou:

Apologies. I personally wouldn't consider anything said by a family itself to be 'made by the general public' however. Also the LE currently involved appears to be the local township police, primarily, which seems a disservice considering the township population is something like 1/10th the size of that of the area that it centers around whom has a different LE agency whom to my knowledge has not made any official comment after 5 days.

It is sad though that possible leads could be overlooked by 'sticking to known facts' when clearly this site too considers other possibilities, such as "Assuming that the last place where he was seen driving is her workplace, then it appears to be very close, according to this map" whereas that is not a known fact but an assumption too, not one released by LE directly and I myself am very familiar with the area and could tell you that block is pretty much houses. Same like I could tell more about the park area but hey, I'm not MSM or LE...

My apologies Silly Billy....based on posts I've seen in other threads, I thought I could paraphrase the information being provided by family on Facebook. I won't do it again....and I will review TOS again.

Apologies. I personally wouldn't consider anything said by a family itself to be 'made by the general public' however. Also the LE currently involved appears to be the local township police, primarily, which seems a disservice considering the township population is something like 1/10th the size of that of the area that it centers around whom has a different LE agency whom to my knowledge has not made any official comment after 5 days.

It is sad though that possible leads could be overlooked by 'sticking to known facts' when clearly this site too considers other possibilities, such as "Assuming that the last place where he was seen driving is her workplace, then it appears to be very close, according to this map" whereas that is not a known fact but an assumption too, not one released by LE directly and I myself am very familiar with the area and could tell you that block is pretty much houses. Same like I could tell more about the park area but hey, I'm not MSM or LE...

Welcome, TopAut! Glad you joined and shared your thoughts. It does help us to have someone who is familiar with the area.

I am not, and I sincerely apologize that my earlier post upset you when I said that the last known place where Jerome was seen driving was probably his girlfriend's work place.

I had assumed that to be true because he disappeared right after he dropped her off at work. That just seemed logical to me, but I do see your point. It was wrong for me to assume that. It was not stated as such in any of the articles.

I appreciate you correcting that fact for me too.

The reason it even came up was because we were trying to estimate the distance between where he was last seen and the location of his vehicle. Again I'm very sorry my statement was misleading. It too should not be allowed. I'll flag that post myself.

Please don't feel bad though about having difficulty understanding all the TOS. Those of us who have been here much longer still often have to stop and think whether our posts are violating any rules.

After you're here though for awhile, you'll understand them better, and I bet will come to appreciate the high standards of WS.

We're allowed to offer our opinions as long as they are clearly labeled as such. Statements though about the people involved have to be backed up by a link from a mainstream media source.

We can provide links for Facebook but we can't discuss the comments on them, unless they are included in a MSM source.

Many people agree with you that comments posted by family on FB should not be considered rumors.

However, I believe WS's policy is based on the belief that it can't be proven that the family member was the one who actually made that comment.

Theoretically, that comment could have been made by anyone else, posing as that family member.

There are exceptions to the FB comment rule, notably for the administrators of the official 'find the person' pages, but a mod will usually explain if they are allowed in a particular case.

So hang in there with us; we're glad you're here.

Looking forward to any information you can provide...

JMO

Hi. I'm new to websleuths but am following this case and tried to learn as much information as I could yesterday. It seems to me that there is some confusion or things worth pointing out that sometimes get missed on facebook but I thought maybe on a site like this could prove helpful.

I was thinking last night and the fact that his keys were there, and in an unlocked vehicle...it makes me wonder if he was not the last person to drive it. Could someone have "dumped" it there? It seems unlikely that a father of a 5 month old would 1) abandon said child, or 2) leave them in a vehicle for long unless expecting to be Right Back, but doubly so WITH the doors unlocked and who would leave the keys in the vehicle on top of that, unless it was someone else whose vehicle it wasn't but who didn't want to be tied to it in any way (perhaps drove it away from a crime scene?).

I dunno. Just thoughts.
Welcome to websleuths TopAut!

Everyone gets mod snipped as we sometimes get very passionate about the missing person case. I could attempt to say more but I believe jazztune covered everything in the post above.

A $10,000 reward is being offered ...

636461764775082045-newmug.JPG

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/11/13/missinglansingtwpman/857881001/

Some new Info/details to me from JerseyGirl's link above- bbm

Jasmine Hill said the reward will be given to anyone who can find Jerome Deshaun Ezell and bring him back home safe. Police are investigating Ezell's disappearance.

“He’s depending on me to find him," Hill said, "and I’m not going to stop."

Hill and Ezell's 5-month-old son, Jionni, was found the night of Nov. 7 by Hill in her car, which Ezell drove that day.

Township Police Chief Adam Cline said Monday there are no signs of foul play or any leads. The Lansing Police Department also is involved in the investigation.

Cline said police are aware of the reward to find Ezell and are working closely with his family to find him.

“It can spur information, but it can also spur lots of false information," Cline said of the reward. "It’s up to us to sort through it, sort through what we get and follow through."

Hill said she believes foul play was involved. She lives with Ezell and their son in Lansing Township, near Michigan Avenue and St. Joseph Street. She doesn't know why her vehicle was found in the Groesbeck Neighborhood.

Hill said she found the vehicle at about 7:20 p.m. Nov. 7 unlocked with its keys on the passenger seat. She found her son strapped in his car seat behind the passenger seat. The car seat's base wasn't secured by the vehicle's seat belt.

Hill said she found her son in good health with a dry diaper and a normal temperature.

Police said last week Ezell, 27, was last seen Nov. 7 at about 10:45 a.m. in the 500 block of South Clemens Avenue driving the white Chevrolet Equinox.

Hill said Monday she last saw Ezell at about 9:30 a.m. that day after he dropped her off at work. Ezell had their son in the car at that time and planned to take him to day care about an hour later, she said.

Hill said the couple's day care provider is at a home near Michigan Avenue and St. Joseph Street. The day care provider and resident of the home told Hill that she received a text message from Ezell at 10:20 a.m. that said he was with his son in the car and on the way.

"He never showed," Hill said.

While at work that day, Hill said she texted Ezell at about 4:30 p.m. but didn't get a response.

About two and a half hours later, Hill said she noticed the OnStar navigation system in her car had been deactivated. She paid OnStar to reactivate it so the car could be located.

Where are you, Jerome?

sounds like they need to talk to the guy who Mr. Ezell exchanged his last known text with, for starters, IMO.

And also, the $10K reward for anyone who can find him and bring him home is offered by his GF. Not often we see that large a reward offered so quickly, especially by an individual. She must be so devastated.

ETAsk: he and his GF share a phone. Do they also share a vehicle? Was it reported why he was driving her vehicle that day? (I have stayed away from SM on this one, so apologies if it has been reported somewhere.)

sounds like they need to talk to the guy who Mr. Ezell exchanged his last known text with, for starters, IMO.

And also, the $10K reward for anyone who can find him and bring him home is offered by his GF. Not often we see that large a reward offered so quickly, especially by an individual. She must be so devastated.

ETAsk: he and his GF share a phone. Do they also share a vehicle? Was it reported why he was driving her vehicle that day? (I have stayed away from SM on this one, so apologies if it has been reported somewhere.)
Them sharing a phone is kind of weird. At first I thought maybe they couldn't afford another one, but how would she be able to afford to put up the award? Do we know if he had a job and was scheduled to work that day?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Them sharing a phone is kind of weird. At first I thought maybe they couldn't afford another one, but how would she be able to afford to put up the award? Do we know if he had a job and was scheduled to work that day?

yes, lots of mentions upthread reporting that he had just dropped her off at work and was en route to drop their son off at day care.

I was waiting for someone else to say something about sharing a phone (these days)... seems unheard of, really. There must be an explanation.

Good questions, AzPistonsGirl!

yes, lots of mentions upthread reporting that he had just dropped her off at work and was en route to drop their son off at day care.

I was waiting for someone else to say something about sharing a phone (these days)... seems unheard of, really. There must be an explanation.
No I meant does Jerome have a job and was he scheduled to work that day?

No I meant does Jerome have a job and was he scheduled to work that day?

gotcha - I must have read your post too quickly, and missed the pronoun.

That said, no idea yet. If not, perhaps that is why he doesn't have a phone?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back