MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been closely following the Chelsea Bruck case, and came here to see what others thought about a connection or to see if maybe I thought there was something. Regardless, how sad that yet another girl from the same area is missing without a trace!

Eastern Michigan University hires 6 police officers in plan to boost off-campus patrols

Full-time officers will undergo months of training before joining force

Published On: Mar 19 2014 02:22:58 PM EDT

YPSILANTI, Mich. -
Eastern Michigan University has hired six police officers as part of a larger plan to boost security following the slayings of two students since late 2012 and other assaults.

The Ypsilanti school said Wednesday that the full-time officers have been sworn in and will undergo four months of training before joining the regular rotation of patrols. They are part of a plan to assist in expanding the force's off-campus presence...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...s-in-plan-to-boost-offcampus-patrols/25054084

Who is the 2nd victim they are referring to in this article? (Besides Julia).

Bumping for Julia and her family! Stay strong you guys!

I keep hoping there will be a break, and an arrest. Always looking for news.

With the wedding so quickly approaching next week, the connection that LE claims they know isn't there seems likely than ever to me. Jennifer is going to be the maid of honor for Chelsea's sister. With Julia deceased and Chelsea missing, I feel for the family and friends of both girls. The wedding, an event that should be nothing but happy and joyful will be tainted by the sad reminder of the girls absence for such a momentous occasion. I'll be thinking of and praying for tge families.

With the wedding so quickly approaching next week, the connection that LE claims they know isn't there seems likely than ever to me. Jennifer is going to be the maid of honor for Chelsea's sister. With Julia deceased and Chelsea missing, I feel for the family and friends of both girls. The wedding, an event that should be nothing but happy and joyful will be tainted by the sad reminder of the girls absence for such a momentous occasion. I'll be thinking of and praying for tge families.
It can also be their victory for the living. I'm sure they will be going in with heavy hearts, but choosing courageous joy vs. succumbing to the impact of the evil that the Perp(s) have created.

Tomorrow would have been Julia's 26th birthday. It is hard to believe that she has been gone for over two years and yet there seems to be little information from the police concerning any possible leads or suspects. :tantrum:

Tomorrow would have been Julia's 26th birthday. It is hard to believe that she has been gone for over two years and yet there seems to be little information from the police concerning any possible leads or suspects. :tantrum:

Another similarity. Chelsea's birthday will be Wednesday, January 28.

I hope they were able to make today a very nice wedding. Such turmoil for two close families. They need a few extra smiles, and I am sure the love is flowing big-time right now.

The wedding went well. Jennifer seemed to have a good time and it helped take her mind off Julia, just for that night. Kassandra had a very good time, marrying the love of her life. All in all, both young ladies needed to have a time to enjoy themselves and get their minds off their sisters. I called Jennifer the next morning and wished her a Happy Birthday. Now, everyone is back on the track of trying to find some answers concerning both cases.

thank you so much for the update, I am glad to know the girls had a good time and the wedding went well.

Bless these families and give them strength. Belated birthday wishes for Jennifer.

No new "news" on Julia's case. Someone knows something but they aren't talking..............:tantrum:

Dateline posted about Julia's case on their Facebook page today! I'm hoping that the national attention will help!

Stepfather of EMU murder victim arrested for child *advertiser censored*

Stepfather of Julia Niswender arrested, jailed on $100K bond

Author: Mara MacDonald, Local 4 Reporter, @MaraMacDonald

Published On: Mar 03 2015 11:00:00 PM EST Updated On: Mar 03 2015 11:29:54 PM EST

MONROE, Mich. -
James Turnquist, the stepfather of murdered Eastern Michigan University coed Julia Niswender, has been arrested by Monroe County Sheriff's detectives on child *advertiser censored* charges.

Police armed with a warrant seized Turnquist's computer and cellphone. He's currently in the Monroe County Jail on a $100,000 bond.

His arrest is raising the eyebrows of law enforcement who have been working on his stepdaughter's case for the last two years...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...sted-for-child-*advertiser censored*/31598374

Stepfather Of Murdered EMU Student Arrested On Child *advertiser censored* Charges; Are The Cases Connected?

March 4, 2015 6:29 AM

MONROE (WWJ) - It’s a new twist on a murder mystery that rocked the campus of Eastern Michigan University in December 2012.

Monroe County Sheriff’s deputies have arrested the stepfather of murdered co-ed Julia Niswender on charges of child *advertiser censored*.

According to reports, deputies have seized James Turnquist’s computer and cellphone, although it wasn’t immediately clear what led to their investigation...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/03...er censored*-charges-are-the-cases-connected/

Oh my .... I am speechless. Thank you for the post, BDE.

HOLY COW. What if Julia knew and was going to tell authorities? It would explain the lack of forced entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11