MI MI - Tangena Hussain, 3, Detroit, 2 Oct 2008

From news articles I read, no one had seen Tangena Hussain for two weeks prior to
her being reported missing. No one except her mom and her mom's boy friend.

But from all accounts, her mom has been cleared.
The boy friend had all day to take care of things if he is the one who did this.

Amber Alert Canceled - Child Located!!! :clap: :clap:
Source: Michigan Amber Alert
Description: AMBER ALERT CANCELLATION - Alert number 20090303001 - Alert Status : Cancelled

The Eaton County Sheriffs Office is cancelling the Amber Alert 20090303001 for the child missing from the EATON COUNTY on 13:55 pm on 03032009.

CHILD INFO FOUR MONTH OLD INFANT REPORTED TO HAVE BEEN TAKEN BY NON CUSTODIAL PARENT.

CHILD RECOVERED

I don't think that's her? It looks like it is the child below her alert?

I don't think that's her? It looks like it is the child below her alert?

I agree. The way it is posted, is very decieving though. I can understand where the confusion came from.

I am in Michigan. Not too far from Detroit. No news at all around here.

I wish that was for Tangena, but I'm also grateful that the other child was found safe. I can't believe that this case has been getting absolutely no attention. Very frustrating. Praying for Tangena.

Thanks for bumping this. I was looking for her thread the other day but couldn't remember how to spell her name and couldn't find it.

It's ridiculous that nothing else has been printed about her. What ever happened with the hair that the mother's boyfriend had?

I cannot believe that there is absolutely no coverage on this case. This is horrible. Have to wonder if it because of her nationality, which if that is the case, we need to send this on to Obama. This is an absolute outrage. The first time I have even heard of this was today and look how far back this goes.

Tangena Hussain:
I feel the mom's boy friend is responsible for Tangena's disappearnce and in all likelihood,Tangena's death.
I would like to know if LE ever conducted a luminol test in the apartment, in the car,
both searched for trace evidence. LI and FBI searched the apartment.

http://www.freep.com/article/20081010/NEWS01/810100363/ Oct.10, 2008 news article. I do not know if this was ever posted.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081107/NEWS02/811070400&s=d&page=2#pluckcomments news article with timeline.
I did not realize til I read this just now, that the mom and boy friend and Tangena had only lived at this address for 3 weeks.

I cannot believe that there is absolutely no coverage on this case. This is horrible. Have to wonder if it because of her nationality, which if that is the case, we need to send this on to Obama. This is an absolute outrage. The first time I have even heard of this was today and look how far back this goes.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tangena Hussain is Bangladesh.

I read a news article about the Bengali culture in Detroit and how hard it is for LE to work within this community.

Case was profiled on AMW. Update 3/14/09, tonight.

Good! Glad to hear it hasn't been completely lost.

I've been thinking about Tangena a lot lately.

I'm still praying she'll be found safe, even though I know that's not very likely.

:rose:

Every night during the news they say "Channel 7 urges you to support our children. Have you seen ______?"

Last night Tangena was featured. I haven't forgotten her :(

FBI offering reward for information about missing girl

A $20,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to finding a missing Hamtramck girl, the FBI announced today.

Tangena Hussain last was seen about 9:30 p.m. Oct. 2 at a gas station at 20500 Greenfield Road in Detroit. Hussain was 2 years old when she went missing. Her birthday was April 10.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20090422/NEWS05/90422011/-1/NEWSFRONT2

We live in the "Metro" area and couldnt agree more about the lack of attention this case has gotten since the very beginning :(

I'm glad to hear the search for Tangena is back on.

Does anyone know is the mothers boyfriend is still being held in jail?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria
Back