Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #10 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been reported to the media law enforcement can absolutely place Doug Stewart in Michigan when he claimed to be home in Newport News, Virginia.

It has also been reported the Michigan State Police went to the Ohio Walmart to review the security camera footage and that it was Doug Stewart who purchased the hat, gloves, tarp and shovel.

I don't recall seeing any reports to that effect. Could you add a link, if it is still findable.

I know that LE have said that they have information that places DS in Michigan, but we don't know what that is. If it is eye witness testimony from a random stranger weeks after then it is suspect.

Most video security footage I've seen is not that clear, and if someone is wearing cap/shades/hoodies, whatever, it will not be definitive. If RS was passable as DS in Virginia he would have been passable as DS in Michigan/Ohio as well.

If you do something yourself you would know all the details.

Another way is that you could read the internet (such as this site), find out the current prevailing theories and fill in the gaps with unverifiable information. Then you would appear "credible" because you are fulfilling peoples expectations.

Bottom line is that they will need strong corroboration on this guy.

I am VERY confident, as I am certain 99% of this thread's participants are, that the St. Joseph County prosecutor could present a case to a jury WITHOUT Ricky Spencer's testimony, who would find Doug Stewart GUILTY of murdering Venus Stewart, a living human being until he choked the life out of her, stuffed her in his truck then disposed of her like she was nothing, and stole away a beautiful mother from his little daughters, who he CLAIMED TO LOVE SO MUCH, who loved Venus dearly and who will suffer the rest of their lives because of his selfish, horrific act.
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

"The people who want so much for the county prosecutor to not have enough evidence to prove it was indeed Doug Stewart who murdered Venus are going to be very disappointed.

There are some apparent advocates of Doug on this thread, which is their right. However, sad to say, it isn't looking too good for their guy."
SBM
Pickie, I am not a Doug advocate and he is not my "guy". When LE was saying that he was the one and only POI in the disappearance of VS, there were those of us who realized there had to be one, if not two, accomplices. There are many contradictions in this case. We have tried to envision all possibilities in this case, and have looked at it from many different angles. This has been one of the most interesting cases I've ever read about. Since RS didn't drive one of the vehicles back from MI, there still has to be yet another accomplice. I guess we are supposed to assume it was G-pa S who is involved, which I find kind of incredible. Watching him drive one of the kids on the tractor makes it hard for me to believe he conspired to kill her mother, but of course, anything is possible.

I don't believe there is any solid evidence that both vehicles were involved. There was a reported sighting of the car in Schoolcraft, but that could have been any car. I think there would have been just one vehicle involved.

I wonder when they are planning to return the truck to Michigan, at last report it was still in Virginia. I am really amazed that it hasn't been done sooner, it is the one obvious thing that could make a direct link to the scene and they haven't looked at it yet!!

I am VERY confident, as I am certain 99% of this thread's participants are, that the St. Joseph County prosecutor could present a case to a jury WITHOUT Ricky Spencer's testimony, who would find Doug Stewart GUILTY of murdering Venus Stewart, a living human being until he choked the life out of her, stuffed her in his truck then disposed of her like she was nothing, and stole away a beautiful mother from his little daughters, who he CLAIMED TO LOVE SO MUCH, who loved Venus dearly and who will suffer the rest of their lives because of his selfish, horrific act.
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Not with the evidence that has been reported in the media.

So, you are saying you don't have a link?

Why would Doug give RS details???

Because he was PROUD and BRAGGING about what he had "accomplished."

As far as the time line goes, I have already said Oak Openings looks likely to me. Plenty of alternatives in the area if it is true that there were people around. If he didn't have time to dig a second hole there are lakes or swampy areas he could use.

However, if it is true that it is REALLY a 12 hour drive from Venus' parents to Doug's and you REALLY can not make it in a shorter amount of time... (it's a 6 hour drive to my in laws that has never taken me more than 5, 12 hour drive to my cousin's and I do it in 10.) Then let's make this made for TV story even more crazy.

What if Doug met accomplice #2 in Toledo after dumping Venus.

What if accomplice #2 drives the truck back to Virginia.... while Doug flies back with accomplice #3. Obviously a private plane or they would have found out by now. Then accomplice #2 who drove the truck back, flies back with accomplice #3 after they get back with the truck.

Doug gets back in time and has hours to dig a second grave and find the perfect spot where she will never be found. Even having hours to go a few hours out of the way.

Everyone said a fake Doug was impossible and we've got that.... so perhaps we have a couple more accomplices here. :waitasec:

Doug needed to keep in touch with Ricky to make sure everything went according to THEIR plan.

Because the plan was for Doug and Ricky to meet up in Bethesda, Maryland where Ricky would give Doug his cell phone, keys, documents, hooded sweat shirt, shoes, socks and hat.

Ricky needed to know when to leave Newport News because he needed to stay there as long as possible pretending to be Doug and go pay the attorney, etc.

It is a 3 hour drive from Newport News, Virgina to Bethesda, Maryland: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=38...=9&q1=Newport News, VA, 23606&q2=bethesda, md

And a 9 hour and 16 minute drive from Colon, Michigan to Bethesda, Maryland: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=40.47279&lon=-81.21066&zoom=8&q1=colon, mi&q2=bethesda, md

Because he was PROUD and BRAGGING about what he had "accomplished."

As far as the time line goes, I have already said Oak Openings looks likely to me. Plenty of alternatives in the area if it is true that there were people around. If he didn't have time to dig a second hole there are lakes or swampy areas he could use.

However, if it is true that it is REALLY a 12 hour drive from Venus' parents to Doug's and you REALLY can not make it in a shorter amount of time... (it's a 6 hour drive to my in laws that has never taken me more than 5, 12 hour drive to my cousin's and I do it in 10.) Then let's make this made for TV story even more crazy.

What if Doug met accomplice #2 in Toledo after dumping Venus.

What if accomplice #2 drives the truck back to Virginia.... while Doug flies back with accomplice #3. Obviously a private plane or they would have found out by now. Then accomplice #2 who drove the truck back, flies back with accomplice #3 after they get back with the truck.

Doug gets back in time and has hours to dig a second grave and find the perfect spot where she will never be found. Even having hours to go a few hours out of the way.

Everyone said a fake Doug was impossible and we've got that.... so perhaps we have a couple more accomplices here. :waitasec:

Where is Oak Openings

So, the time line does fit.

Pretty darn close, especially if the MapQuest time estimate from Colon, MI to Newport News, Virginia is accurate.

According to what I've learned by corresponding with a close family friend of the McCombs, the school bus picked up two older grandchildren who were living with the McCombs at 7:00 AM.

I believe Doug was waiting on the next street over for the girls to walk to the school bus then scooted right on over to the McComb's residence at 7:00 or minutes after that.

The neighbor reported seeing the truck at around 7:00 then looking up five minutes later and it was gone.

If Doug murdered Venus and had her in the truck by 7:15, that would give him 11 hours and 45 minutes to get back to Newport News and make it there by 7:00 PM.

According to MapQuest, driving from Colon to Newport News, Virginia takes 11 1/2 hours: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=New...s=MI&2y=US&2l=41.958302&2g=-85.324997&2v=CITY

If Doug sped when possible, he could have made it back by 7:00 PM and still give himself 1/2 hour plus to dig a new grave and bury Venus.

YAHOO MAPS ESTIMATED 12 HOURS: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=39...oom=7&q1=Colon, MI, 49040&q2=NEWPORT NEWS, VI

GOOGLE MAP ESTIMATES:
I-80 E
715 mi 13 hours 4 mins

I-80 E and US-422 E/Benjamin Franklin Hwy
751 mi 13 hours 27 mins

I-64 E
802 mi 13 hours 47 mins

If they met back in Bethesda at 7, it would be right on. Or is my thinking off

If they met back in Bethesda at 7, it would be right on. Or is my thinking off

From what I remember, Ricky Spencer testified that Doug called him at 7:00 PM to tell him he was back home in Newport News, Virginia.

From what I remember, Ricky Spencer testified that Doug called him at 7:00 PM to tell him he was back home in Newport News, Virginia.

Now I don't remember. For a moment, I was thinking maybe he met RS on his way back, in Bethesda. Are we sure on this?

Now I don't remember. For a moment, I was thinking maybe he met RS on his way back, in Bethesda. Are we sure on this?

He did meet Ricky Spencer in Bethesda, Maryland on the way back home to Newport News.

Ricky Spencer testified that after the first time Doug gave him the cell phone, keys, clicker, documents, hat, shoes, socks and hoodie sweat shirt, he mailed them back to Doug.

Doug's main concern was getting his personal items back and booking it back to Newport News as soon as possible.

When he arrived, or when he was about there, he called Ricky Spencer at 7:00 PM and said he'd made it.

There are people who are saying that he couldn't have possibility made it back by 7:00 PM. That's why we've been trying to figure out how he could have possibly made it back at that time which, given the results on Yahoo and Google maps, would have been impossible.

But, if you consider that MapQuest may be the accurate estimation - 11 1/2 hours - then it is entirely possible that he made it back to the town limits by 7:00 PM.

One of the participants in this thread was not believing Ricky Spencer because they were claiming there was no way this would have been possible because of their estimate of when Venus was killed, how long it would take to dig a new grave then drive back to Newport News.

In other words, we didn't know at what time Doug murdered Venus.

I am saying that the school bus picked up the older kids, who had to walk to the stop, at 7:00 AM.

Doug, who knew this, waited on the next street over until 7:00. He needed to murder Venus and get out of the area ASAP because it was light.

He'd already dug the grave and had given himself plenty of time to make sure he would be there at 7:00 AM, the time he deemed to be perfect to lure Venus out of the house by pretending to be the mailman:

Venus's mother had long been gone, the older kids were out of the house, Venus's father was most likely asleep. 7:00 AM was the time.

That's why he was seen at 7:00 AM then gone five minutes later.

People have said it would be too early to call Venus at 7:00 AM without drawing suspicion. Mail delivery people start early. I do not believe he wait an hour or more but called at 7:00. That's the only way he could have made it back to Newport News by 7:00 PM and it makes sense to me!

Did the two older grandchildren get on the bus at 7 or did they leave the house at 7? It seems that if they got on the bus at 7, they would need to be out of the house before that. This only applies if they have to walk any distance to their bus stop as opposed to at the end of the driveway.

What if they have to walk a couple streets? They could have left 15 minutes early and that would buy Doug 15 minutes to work with.

Just something to consider.

He did meet Ricky Spencer in Bethesda, Maryland on the way back home to Newport News.

Ricky Spencer testified that after the first time Doug gave him the cell phone, keys, clicker, documents, hat, shoes, socks and hoodie sweat shirt, he mailed them back to Doug.

Doug's main concern was getting his personal items back and booking it back to Newport News as soon as possible.

When he arrived, or when he was about there, he called Ricky Spencer at 7:00 PM and said he'd made it.

There are people who are saying that he couldn't have possibility made it back by 7:00 PM. That's why we've been trying to figure out how he could have possibly made it back at that time which, given the results on Yahoo and Google maps, would have been impossible.

But, if you consider that MapQuest may be the accurate estimation - 11 1/2 hours - then it is entirely possible that he made it back to the town limits by 7:00 PM.

One of the participants in this thread was not believing Ricky Spencer because they were claiming there was no way this would have been possible because of their estimate of when Venus was killed, how long it would take to dig a new grave then drive back to Newport News.

In other words, we didn't know at what time Doug murdered Venus.

I am saying that the school bus picked up the older kids, who had to walk to the stop, at 7:00 AM.

Doug, who knew this, waited on the next street over until 7:00. He needed to murder Venus and get out of the area ASAP because it was light.

He'd already dug the grave and had given himself plenty of time to make sure he would be there at 7:00 AM, the time he deemed to be perfect to lure Venus out of the house by pretending to be the mailman:

Venus's mother had long been gone, the older kids were out of the house, Venus's father was most likely asleep. 7:00 AM was the time.

That's why he was seen at 7:00 AM then gone five minutes later.

People have said it would be too early to call Venus at 7:00 AM without drawing suspicion. Mail delivery people start early. I do not believe he wait an hour or more but called at 7:00. That's the only way he could have made it back to Newport News by 7:00 PM and it makes sense to me!

I think your right. The way RS described Doug's choke hold, he was probably on his way south within 5 min. Also, someone else mentioned that they always make better time driving than is estimated. Also, I wounder if the other evidence of his location was the toll road cameras at the toll booths. You can't get off the toll road without paying a toll, and theirs cameras.

Did the two older grandchildren get on the bus at 7 or did they leave the house at 7? It seems that if they got on the bus at 7, they would need to be out of the house before that. This only applies if they have to walk any distance to their bus stop as opposed to at the end of the driveway.
What if they have to walk a couple streets? They could have left 15 minutes early and that would buy Doug 15 minutes to work with.

Just something to consider.

They had to be at the bus stop at 7:00, according to a close family friend who I e-mailed. Doug could have seen the bus stop from where he was at I think. He may have had binoculars too which could have explained why he was ducking behind the truck. It would have looked even more suspicious if he was sitting in the truck leaning out the window with binoculars.

DOUG HAD TO BE SURE THE CHILDREN WERE ON THAT BUS AND NOT WALKING DOWN THE ROAD HE HAD TO DRIVE ON!

I am guessing he was in the field above where it says Driftwood on the map because he would have a good view of the McComb home.

He needed to be sure the children walked to the bus stop, got on the bus and didn't miss the bus!

abductionsite-55966DriftwoodDriveCo.png

Over and over, we see that on 400 mile plus trips, our onboard GPS mapping system gives us an ETA at the start of the trip and with gas stops we still arrive home a full hour ahead of what the computer gives. The system is "like" mapQuest, but whatever one Chrysler uses.

Over and over, we see that on 400 mile plus trips, our onboard GPS mapping system gives us an ETA at the start of the trip and with gas stops we still arrive home a full hour ahead of what the computer gives. The system is "like" mapQuest, but whatever one Chrysler uses.

AWESOME INFORMATION!

So, it is absolutely possible that Doug Stewart called at 7:00 PM as reported while sitting in his living room.

It is then absolutely possible that even if it took Doug 45 minutes to dig a new grave, he still had enough time to be home by 7:00 PM.

Well, there we have it folks!

Thank you, grayjay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads