Missing cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
JI might know MW's ex and he might have that phone number listed in the contacts on his phone for him? It might be an old number and JI hasn't called him in a long time? MW says she doesn't know DB or JI. Maybe he was just an old work contact that JI hadn't deleted from his contact list?

MOO

Yeah we need to be very careful. I am almost 100% sure that it has NOT been reported that her ex had the phone. I know there was speculation HERE as to what it meant that she don't know who answered her phone, but it was merely speculation.

Not sure where it came from, that the ex had the phone. Maybe he did, but that hasn't been reported yet. :waitasec:

Feel free to delete this post if it is inappropriate for this thread. The lights were on in the house, the front door was unlocked, and BOTH boys were in bed with DB. Then a CALL was made saying something like, "I'm ready when you are". This is the perfect set up for an intruder to enter and exit the house without being detected. MOO

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29612215/detail.html

I'm obviously behind on what's been going on. Now this MW says she got a phone call from DB's or JI's phone and she "doesn't know who answered it"? :waitasec: Well, duh, MW, who in the h--- has access to your phone and why don't you FIND OUT who answered it? This is strange, strange, strange, imo. And how did DB and JI know her cell # if she doesn't even know them?
And am I mistaken, or didn't the guy who rented a room out to Jersey's girlfriend have the same wild red hair color as MW, like it's some kind of a Howdy Doody Club or something. :crazy: Does anyone know if MW was Jersey's gf? I just don't get what is going on here. Could it be that it's some kind of cult that kidnaps babies? :(

Feel free to delete this post if it is inappropriate for this thread. The lights were on in the house, the front door was unlocked, and BOTH boys were in bed with DB. Then a CALL was made saying something like, "I'm ready when you are". This is the perfect set up for an intruder to enter and exit the house without being detected. MOO

No. There wass RUMORED to be a TEXT (not phone call) saying something to that effect. but this text was never confirmed by LE.

So far all that has been reported is the phone call to MW, and we still not even know what time that was.

Not singling you out - just trying to keep known facts straight and separate from rumor. :twocents:

I don't think the dispatch tape has info about the missing cell phones. I'm not too suspicious about this since the priority would be Lisa, of course. Just looking for anything from the beginning of the case about the phones. Reanne is probably right that S Young mentioned knowing about the missing phones right away.

While I was sleuthing, I was reminded about the 'larceny' report from August 16th. It is unclear whether the call is about Jeremy Irwin or from Jeremy Irwin.

Jeremy Irwin called police about 4 a.m. Oct. 4 to report that daughter Lisa was missing from her crib. KCTV5 obtained on Friday the radio transmissions between dispatchers and police officers.

One of the responding officers is told about an Aug. 16 call involving Irwin.

"There was a complaint issued to a Jeremy Irwin regards to a larceny," the dispatcher tells the officer. "You can log it onto your call and also could you call me for additional information in regards to that call."

KCTV5 was unable to obtain more information about this complaint on Friday. Irwin has not spoken to local reporters about the search for his missing daughter since last week.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15699795...t-involving-babys-father?clienttype=printable

dispatch audio:

http://www.ksdk.com/video/1219129466001/0/Dispatch-audio-after-Lisa-Irwins-disappearance

You know, with all due respect, that's just not true. There are case players on FB who had their page long before this happened. One of them has pictures of herself and one of the little boys that was posted to FB in 2009, those dates can't be faked. If a person uses their common sense, FB can be a great source - heck, it's better than half the MSM articles and shows we quote, they get it wrong ALL the time.

Marc Klaas has an FB page, the owner of this forum has an FB page, both have never contained wrong information as far as I know.

I'm not arguing for quoting anyone's FB posts, I'm just saying, if you make sure the source is legitimate, it can be informative.
I never said ALL of facebook is incorrect, nor did I say ALL of the info in those comments are, either. But the comments especially are ripe with wrong info and so is a lot of facebook. That is why I included the buyer beware in it.

I'm obviously behind on what's been going on. Now this MW says she got a phone call from DB's or JI's phone and she "doesn't know who answered it"? :waitasec: Well, duh, MW, who in the h--- has access to your phone and why don't you FIND OUT who answered it? This is strange, strange, strange, imo. And how did DB and JI know her cell # if she doesn't even know them?
And am I mistaken, or didn't the guy who rented a room out to Jersey's girlfriend have the same wild red hair color as MW, like it's some kind of a Howdy Doody Club or something. :crazy: Does anyone know if MW was Jersey's gf? I just don't get what is going on here. Could it be that it's some kind of cult that kidnaps babies? :(

Try back in the thread to yesterday sometime (sorry to be so vague but can't remember more exactly than that!), there was some talk about the room renter's hair color (vs possible hat lol) and I think someone posted a pic or video of the room renter.

MW also never said "cell phone". She said she received a call on her phone. The video is in Media, post # 148 and was posted yesterday 10/28 by Patty G. (For those who want to see it) MW's comment begins at approx 1:30 on the video.

MW: “I received a phone call, well my phone did , umm the night that Baby Lisa went missing it was apparently a 50 second phone call. I don’t know who answered it or what was said or who was on the other end of the phone.”

Reporter: She says investigators tracked her down and questioned her four times. “What did you tell them?”

MW: “I told them that I’ve been through the neighborhood with my ex-boyfriend…I knew… I’ve been through there, I didn’t know the family, didn’t recognize the pictures, umm …had never seen baby Lisa until I saw her picture on the news.”

True, she did not say "cellphone." I was just tracking what was said by the poster to whom I responded. Personally, my opinion is that it was a cellphone. People in that age group do not generally use wristwatches, landlines, pens or email.

True, she did not say "cellphone." I was just tracking what the poster what was said by the poster to whom I responded. Personally, my opinion is that it was a cellphone. People in that age group do not generally use wristwatches, landlines, pens or email.

Absolutely agree with that!

I don't know the answer to that as my family and friends have pre paid phones and I'm assuming your question is in regards to post paid phones.

I wish I knew what sort of plan DB had. I saw a FB comment quoted on another blog attributed to DB's father, that said DB added the phone to her plan the day she was given it.
Also stated she said her phone was having speaker and microphone issues, nothing about the phone being restricted due to non payment.

He had a HAT on that had some kind of wild fur accent on it.

JI might know MW's ex and he might have that phone number listed in the contacts on his phone for him? It might be an old number and JI hasn't called him in a long time? MW says she doesn't know DB or JI. Maybe he was just an old work contact that JI hadn't deleted from his contact list?

MOO

Could be, I have the same thoughts, sounds like you have been reading around the web like me....:crazy:

True, she did not say "cellphone." I was just tracking what the poster what was said by the poster to whom I responded. Personally, my opinion is that it was a cellphone. People in that age group do not generally use wristwatches, landlines, pens or email.

I agree it was probably her cell phone. When someone calls my house and I mention it to someone, I actually say, "Susie called the house last night". Ha ha. When I say "Susie called my phone", I mean my cell phone because it's MINE and I guess the landline belongs to my House. :waitasec:

OK, this new info about the missing phones is more intriguing than I first thought. IDK, I was on the fence, leaning heavily to guilt, but now I'm starting to think that DB really is innocent and there's something else going on here. I can't put my finger on it, but something about the phone call is nagging at me.

IMO

The phone that was lent to the parents may have been active unbeknownst to the lender or the parents could have assumed it was inactive. or the parents were in the process of activating the phone - when you begin the activation process of a phone - it can sometimes take some time before the phone actually activates. We don't know for a fact - the status of the lent phone. was it active or was it inactive at the time mw received the call. and of course - was the lent phone the one used to call mw.

Wouldn't the grandfather have told them? "Hey, I heard you're saying it couldn't have been a phone call from the stolen phones because they don't work but it's not right, cuz the phone you got from me worked fine." So they wouldn't have repeated the wrong information in later interviews.

It's also possible they might have been waiting for the phone activation process to complete it but if so, it would have been natural and less misleading to say so. Not "No one could have called on those phones so LE must be lying, we're not gonna talk to them any more" but "Oh, it didn't work that evening but it must have become active some time after I went to sleep. Just my luck that it didn't work when I needed it but when it gets stolen... hey, who did the kidnapper call? Please please please track that call immediately, the recipient might know where Lisa is..."

Absolutely. My husband has a "work phone," but he bought it, and pays the bills, it's in his name, etc. He just puts it on an expense report for reimbursement, but it's not as though the company gave it to him or arrange for it.

But all companies are different. The company my DH works for provides cell phones to all the guys working in the field. We never see the phone bill and when it breaks the company provides a replacement. His job is rough on phones and he goes through at least one cells a year. Most of the time the replacement is a new phone, but he has received a used phone before too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge