Missing Sexual offenders

dannyodie said:
those that have done this over and over will just remove the braclet or anklet as some call it, the law should state that if one is removed it becomes a federal offense. maybe make one that will explode in there face when cut off.
As long as their travels aren't limited while wearing the ankle bracelet, one can only assume that offenders removing it are up to no good. Perhaps we could encourage them to wear it by offering LWOP as the alternative. If a perp removes it, he goes to jail ... for good.

Thanks for making me aware of this feature Rocky...I'll keep track of the database here often, but have never did a search that brought up ONLY offenders who had absconded. On the first page of my county every single one was convicted of a a sex crime against children :furious:

Sex Offense-Other (1st Degree Sexual Assulat Of A Child State Of Wisconsin)

Lewd,Lascivious Child U/16 (Principal)

Sex Batt/Coerce Child By Adult (Principal)

Lewd Or Lascivious Molestation Victim 12-15 Years Old Offender 18 Or Older (Principal)

Lewd,Lascivious Child U/16

Lewd Or Lascivious Molestation Victim 12-15 Years Old Offender 18 Or Older (Principal)

Sex Offense-Other (288a- Lewd And Lascivious With Child Under 14 State Of California)

That's just one page of 14, in one county alone...138 total...all absconded...wonder what percentage of absconded sex offenders are child molesters? If that first page is any indication here, it's a huge percentage!!

lady-eowyn said:
wonder what percentage of absconded sex offenders are child molesters? If that first page is any indication here, it's a huge percentage!!
If it is, that would mean that the registries aren't much good for keeping track of the most dangerous offenders. So are we really much safer than we were prior to the registries?

In many (probably most) states only those who have been convicted of sex offenses against children are listed. The following excerpts are from an article in the Manchester Union Leader in New Hampshire it indicates that 1/3rd are guilty of sexual crimes against children:

Manchester Union Leader 3/26/05
Sexual offender list here growing
By Sunday News Staff

The list of convicted sexual offenders who reside or work in New Hampshire currently has 3,092 names and is lengthening at a rate of about 8 percent a year, according to Lt. Brian L. Hester, who has oversight of the register maintained by the state police.
The roster is expanding, Hester said, because offenders convicted years ago are added to it as they are released from prison, and because offenders relocate to New Hampshire from other states or reside in neighboring states but work here.
About two-thirds of the sexual offenders committed crimes against adults and the information about them in the register is restricted to law enforcement use, but the register also includes 1,138 people convicted of sexual crimes against children. Their identities are available to the public.
………
Where are they?
Arrest warrants are outstanding for 74 sexual offenders delinquent in their responsibility to register. Under the public disclosure provision of the law, their names and last known addresses are posted on the State Police Web site. (See http://www.state.nh.us/safety/warrants.pdf.)
The warrant-posting law prohibits the release of details, but in some cases, where the offender who failed to register was convicted of a crime involving a child, additional information may be available in the public register of child sexual offenders.
“Some are facing misdemeanor charges, a few are felonies,” Hester said of those being sought for failure to register.
The warrant would surface if an offender brushed up against the law on another matter, such as a police stop for a motor vehicle violation.
Why wait around?
But Rep. Karl Gilbert, R-Newmarket, is concerned that waiting for the offender who evades registration to make another mistake may not be good enough. He has had discussions with some of his colleagues in the House.
“We’re talking about taking a look at tightening up the system as best we can to track these people who haven’t registered,” Gilbert said. “We don’t learn about these people until one slips through the cracks and does something, like the guy in Florida did. . .
“We could look at requiring them to register more often, perhaps every six months, but I’m more concerned about the people who don’t register, about actively having a team looking for these people and not waiting until something happens,” said Gilbert, who has worked more than 30 years in law enforcement and is a former police chief of Greenland.
Keeping tabs
The pro-active approach is already the rule in Manchester, where detective Scott Fuller monitors the sexual offender population. The state’s largest city is home to about 375 offenders who are required to register, including 203 individuals whose names are on the publicly-available register of offenders convicted of sexual crimes against children.
“We’ve seen a reduction in the number of offenders living in Manchester over the past two years. We attribute that to strict enforcement. The word has gone out that one day late in registering equals an arrest warrant,” Fuller said.
He tries to keep tabs on the very transient sexual offender population by mailing a registration reminder about a month before the person’s birth date. If a reminder card comes back as undeliverable, officers check the address to see if the offender has moved without reporting.
“Last year, we found that about 16 percent violated and we actively pursued them,” Fuller said.
Warrants are issued and the offenders who have been located are arrested and have been successfully prosecuted, he said.
13-month gap
Annual registration, however, leaves a very large loophole.
An offender can register an address on his birthday, for example, and then move out the next day. That opens a 13-month window before his failure to reregister alerts police to his departure.
“One way that we are looking at to combat this problem would be to have two-man teams go out and check the addresses A to Z three or four times a year,” Fuller said.
The state’s sexual offender registration law has evolved gradually over the past 10 years as lawmakers wrestled with who should be registered, for how long and for which crimes; what police could do with the information; and how much of it should be available to the public.
Photo availability
Rep. Gilbert introduced a measure two years ago — an effort “to eliminate possible confusion,” he said — to add photographs of the offenders in the publicly-available child offender register. The process began last year, with photographs being taken at the community police departments when the offenders come in for their annual reregistration.

Manchester Union Leader This article will probably be archived soon.

murraydwyer said:
In many (probably most) states only those who have been convicted of sex offenses against children are listed.
In Florida, although it states the "certain sex offenders must register" and sex offender is defined by Florida law as:

Any person convicted of committing, attempting, conspiring or soliciting to commit any of the following violations (or any offense committed in this state which has been re-designated from a former statute number, or analogous offenses in another jurisdiction):

F.S. 787.025 (Luring or enticing a child under the age of 12 into a structure, dwelling or conveyance for other than a lawful purpose);
Any Chapter 794 offense;
F.S. 796.03 (Procuring a person under age of 18 for prostitution);
F.S. 800.04 (Lewd, lascivious, or indecent assault or act upon or in presence of child under the age of 16 years);
F.S. 827.071 (Sexual performance by a child of less than 18 years of age);
F.S. 847.0133 (Distribution of obscene materials to minor under the age of 18);
F.S. 847.0135 (Computer *advertiser censored* involving minor);
F.S. 847.0145 (Selling or buying of minors for sexually explicit conduct).

And who is released on or after October 1, 1997, from the sanction imposed by reason of conviction of his or her sexual offender offense.

Not all who are registered have their offenses listed as crimes against children. MOST who are registered do, but there are quite a few cases of sexual battery on there. If it's sexual battery and the victim is a child it states so. And in Virginia there are quite a few on there for rape.

I am originally from Pennsylvania although I now live in Texas. I have tried to look up PA offenders online, but PA doesn't post it online for easy search. You have to write to them to get any information at all! It makes me so angry that they haven't made this a priority to get it online.

If I am wrong, someone please reply and let me know where I can find it.

j

jat said:
I am originally from Pennsylvania although I now live in Texas. I have tried to look up PA offenders online, but PA doesn't post it online for easy search. You have to write to them to get any information at all! It makes me so angry that they haven't made this a priority to get it online.

If I am wrong, someone please reply and let me know where I can find it.

j
You can find a searchable database here:

http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/Main.aspx?dt=GCFLCFDDI4EENDGNGG4da

Most state databases can be accessed through www.sexoffender.com Over on the left of that website you will see a button that says Sex Offender State Database...click in, scroll down a bit and there is a popdown menu with states.

there are a lot of webmasters here on Websleuths, if any of you have time, I'd like to put on the front page of the site, a picture of the thousands of sharks in deerfield Fl, with words that fade in...

are children safe, surrounded by so many sharks, maybe have a picture of a few kids stranded on an island in the middle...

then that page fades out, and Westerfield, Couie and several other of the recognized recent monsters appear...

fade in Project ORN

where the Predators, become the hunted...

Rocky...could you direct me to where I can find out more about this project ORN...I've seen it mentioned on here but don't really know what it is.

lady-eowyn said:
Rocky...could you direct me to where I can find out more about this project ORN...I've seen it mentioned on here but don't really know what it is.

I don't have any threads on Project ORN, ORN stands for Offender Registration Network, we have put the equipment and software in place to bring up a national tracking system, we aren't going to list all offenders like the current system running in most states, ours, is just going after the offenders that are not staying registered.

We are bringing up a bounty hunter network to track down the missing offenders using everything at our disposal.

Our main block has been getting the live databases from Law enforcement and the court systems.

We have finally gotten the go ahead from a few states, and are setting up the non-profit ORG to get started.

Once we legally have everything in place, I'll give you the weblink to go check it out...

Ok!! Sounds like a great idea...a few questions...how long will someone have to be missing before the bounty hunters go after them? Considering some states only check annually to see if a registered offender is still at the address they registered at it seems so many can slip under the radar. I think here they verify it quarterly, but that still gives an offender 3 months to slip under the radar. Do you think there is a better way to handle that?

lady-eowyn said:
Ok!! Sounds like a great idea...a few questions...how long will someone have to be missing before the bounty hunters go after them? Considering some states only check annually to see if a registered offender is still at the address they registered at it seems so many can slip under the radar. I think here they verify it quarterly, but that still gives an offender 3 months to slip under the radar. Do you think there is a better way to handle that?

the states I'm most interested in working with have a felony for not staying registered, from the first day they miss registration. Tough Laws to teach tough lessons.

as we locate the offenders, we will be passing the info to law enforcement, as they find ones missing, they will pass the info along to us.

Imagine if a serious offender is missing and there is a $5000 reward for info leading to the capture of the felon...

If you are sitting home with nothing to do, and scanned photos of missing offenders, and suddenly you spot one that looks familiar, you've seen him at the grocery store... You contact the system to pass on your lead, which passes it along to Law Enforcement... They arrest the man, and you have a check show up for $5000...

would you start looking for others?

that's what we are counting on...

we are going to take donations that can be put towards bounties in the different regions, or offenses, or on a certain criminal...

as the bounty grows, so will the interest in tracking them down...

heck, I'd hunt them down for nothing...I'm sick and tired of these sick creeps preying up the children. The Jessica Lunsford case took me over the edge...I'll never rest easy until something changes..and even then I will continue to be an advocate for making our children safe.

lady-eowyn said:
heck, I'd hunt them down for nothing...I'm sick and tired of these sick creeps preying up the children. The Jessica Lunsford case took me over the edge...I'll never rest easy until something changes..and even then I will continue to be an advocate for making our children safe.

welcome to the club... :clap:

has anyone found a good shark picture out of Florida yet?

the ones I've seen have been really blurry...

lady-eowyn said:
what kind of shark picture are you looking for?

I'm trying to find an aerial shot with clear enough pictures to see the sharks that were swarming off the coast of Florida in the deerfield area...

Hundreds of Sharks Close Florida Beaches

"DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Hundreds of swarming sharks, some as close as 20 feet offshore, have closed down beaches in South Florida.

The sharks have been repeatedly spotted near shore over the past two weeks in Broward and Palm Beach counties.

One expert with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said the big fish are migrating north this time of year. He said they'll travel as far as North Carolina, where the females will have ``pups.'' "

Hi Rocky.

I'm trying to find a picture like you described but so far, this is all I've found from the incidences you're talking about, (and it's only one shark):

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/08/16/sharks.florida/story.shark.jpg

I'll keep checking.

Do you want a picture specifically from the sharks in Florida? There are some great images out there but not specific to the Florida migration.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back