Missing Sexual offenders

I'm thinking more like an implanted computer chip of some sorts instead of an ankle bracelet to track sex offenders. I'll bet Charles Phillips mother or someone does know where he is.

I just looked at the link you posted Jersygirl . Why in the world was he even out of jail with 2 counts of molesting against him. He has no business being on the streets. If there were stricter penalties( life in prison instead of 5 years for example) for this kind of behavior then Jessica Lunsford and many others would still be alive.

That guy is just SCAREY looking! Some sort of implants sounds good to me as well. :eek:

Here is a link for a more update picture of Charles Phillips.

http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/sexual_predators/OffenderFlyer.asp?keys=342

Phillips has been located at a hotel in New York.

Phillips was on house arrest and that is why he was wearing the bracelet. It really is not a tracking device. It monitors and if the person wearing it gets a certain distance away from the base unit then an alarm goes off in the office where it is monitored.

By the way, this is the city, Port St. Lucie, where I was a Police Officer and just recently retired. They probably have the best system in place for keeping up with sex offenders then I have seen anywhere. We did weekly face to face checks with each and every registered sex offender. We also kept in close touch with the neighbors to keep up with concerns that they had concerning the offender. When we did our weekly checks we made note of any phsyical change in their appearance (hairstyle,facial hair ect.) and updated photos as needed. We also checked for all vehicles that the offender had access to.

A program like this is not that hard to do and was not a strain on manpower. Assign each officer so many that they are responsible for. Each offender check took about 10mins to complete. On average each officer was assigned 2-3 offenders at a time.

2sisters said:
I just looked at the link you posted Jersygirl . Why in the world was he even out of jail with 2 counts of molesting against him. He has no business being on the streets. If there were stricter penalties( life in prison instead of 5 years for example) for this kind of behavior then Jessica Lunsford and many others would still be alive.
The link that Shadow provided above doesn't show crimes against children. And I think that the link that I originally provided showed two conviction dates but only one offense date. Maybe the second conviction was for probation violation?

Are those two links the same guy? There seems to be no way that the original photo can be the same guy 3 years ago!

They are not the same guy Jersey...the one Shadow posted was St. Lucie County...the one you posted was Pinellas, with convictions in Monroe and Hillsborough. Shadow's was convicted of sexual battery...yours was lewd and lacivious w/ victim under 16. I'm not sure which one you saw on CNN....but either way we have two Charles Phillips in Florida who have absconded (and a Carl Phillips too!!)

lady-eowyn said:
They are not the same guy Jersey...the one Shadow posted was St. Lucie County...the one you posted was Pinellas, with convictions in Monroe and Hillsborough. Shadow's was convicted of sexual battery...yours was lewd and lacivious w/ victim under 16. I'm not sure which one you saw on CNN....but either way we have two Charles Phillips in Florida who have absconded (and a Carl Phillips too!!)
Shadow's guy was the one on CNN.

P.S. Trying to update what I posted on other threads:

Missing violent sex offender from CA:

Frederick McLean - considered armed & dangerous.

hi everyone, just wanted to check in and give everyone an update on
ProjectORN.com...

about a month ago, we brought up the info site to let the world know what we are doing...

our head of operations went up to Sacramento a few weeks ago to meet with Law enforcement, they were all very excited about what we have put together. A few of our Governors lobbyist were there and had a chaqnce to see what we are working on, they were going to see what they could do immediately on getting a Nationwide registration system approved...

a couple nights ago on channel 8 news, I saw the ticker scroll across...

the department of Justice has approved to move forward with a Nationwide sexual offender registration system...

we haven't heard from anyone yet, so they might have decided to move forward with their own system instead of ours, but it's finally happening...

Project ORN was origionally planned for hunting down missing sexual offenders, when we realized over 100,000 were missing we realized how enormous this task is... If the DoJ takes the front end, it will allow us to create the bounty hunting system for getting the public involved in helping to track down the serious offenders with a reward for helping...

I'm getting ready to auction an artifact to help cover operation expenses... more info over on the ProjectORN website...

Matlock's Rock

ancient truth washed ashore, last resting place
visions and dreams, wind blowing in my face

predator perched on the mountain peak
watching for young prey, innocent and weak
playful monkeys run out from under trees
drawn to the water, inviting warm breeze

chilling shadow soaring across the waves
it’s home lies deep inside the cold dark caves
young chimps, shrieks of terror and fear
mother looks up, on her cheek forms a tear

the gem that sparked her life, so cute and funny
tumbling through the home, far sweeter than honey
teachers whisper of her heartbreaking tale
warned to watch the kids, sadly she did fail

the truth I now hold, from the beginning of time
reminds of a small spirit without justice for the crime
maybe this is the world’s first unsolved case
child taken by a beast, disappeared without a trace..

this artifact will make the difference Matlock grunted
Project ORN where the predators, become the hunted…

Copyright ©2005 Rocky

lady-eowyn said:
This is quite long...I have went to each state sex offender database (through www.sexoffender.com) and reviewed what information they make available on their site. I find some are a rather sad excuse for keeping the public informed on just who are sex offenders. I give thumbs up to those who choose to put maps on their sites, especially the ones who make it known how close in proximity schools are from the offender. My plans are to compile this information and use if it possible in helping lawmakers decide what can be done to make these sites more user friendly, have more information readily available to the public without having to jump through hoops (see South Dakota) and keeping our children safe!! If you see that I have missed something please feel free to add...or if you want to give a critique of your states site please do so. If I have indicated that a state has no online database and you know different please provide me with a link to that site. I still think we should have a national database

you are an angel, this was one of my projects for this week....

thank you soo much for your help...

Wyoming and South Dakota have no online system, I think we should let all the sexual offenders know they can go there to hide...

of course if they touch a child in either state, justice is swift, no court, no trial...

just lead poisoning and lots of lumps...

Rocky said:
Wyoming and South Dakota have no online system, I think we should let all the sexual offenders know they can go there to hide...
Now I'm confused. From an article I posted on the "Jessica's Law" thread yesterday:

USATODAY.com - State-by-state sex offender registries to go online

State-by-state information on sex offenders will be available on a new Internet site run by the federal government, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales announced Friday.

Participation by states is voluntary, and the Justice Department said it hopes to have the site up and running within two months.

The announcement was being made to coincide with National Missing Children's Day.

The site won't provide any information not already made available on the Internet by 48 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories. But it will be designed to allow someone to do a national search to determine whether an individual who has been convicted in one state has moved to another...

But different rules apply (from state to state) as to what information can be accessed.

In Florida, for example, state officials this week expanded the area that residents can check, up to a five-mile radius from their home or school. For years, the search could only encompass the same zip code...

Oregon and Rhode Island do not publish the names of sex offenders on the Internet.

Am I misunderstanding something, is one of us wrong or are there FOUR states with no online registries?

This might help although I don't know how old this information is:

Parents for Megan's Law: Message from the Director

(22) States Don't Require Active Community Notification
(21) States DO NOT Include ALL Offenders On Registries
(5) States Don't Have Internet Registries
(2) States Won't Allow Anonymous Access On Their Registry
(33) States Register Juveniles and 20 Notify
(27) States Do not have a call-in number to access the registry (1 charges $10.00)
(28) States Do not have civil commitment laws to keep sexual violent predators confined

JerseyGirl said:
Now I'm confused. From an article I posted on the "Jessica's Law" thread yesterday:

USATODAY.com - State-by-state sex offender registries to go online

State-by-state information on sex offenders will be available on a new Internet site run by the federal government, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales announced Friday.

Participation by states is voluntary, and the Justice Department said it hopes to have the site up and running within two months.

The announcement was being made to coincide with National Missing Children's Day.

The site won't provide any information not already made available on the Internet by 48 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories. But it will be designed to allow someone to do a national search to determine whether an individual who has been convicted in one state has moved to another...

But different rules apply (from state to state) as to what information can be accessed.

In Florida, for example, state officials this week expanded the area that residents can check, up to a five-mile radius from their home or school. For years, the search could only encompass the same zip code...

Oregon and Rhode Island do not publish the names of sex offenders on the Internet.

Am I misunderstanding something, is one of us wrong or are there FOUR states with no online registries?

you're right, those two don't have online registries, but their court system still feel it's a crime for killing someone that hurt your child...

temporary insanity laws aren't the same.... ;)

JerseyGirl said:
This might help although I don't know how old this information is:

Parents for Megan's Law: Message from the Director

(22) States Don't Require Active Community Notification
(21) States DO NOT Include ALL Offenders On Registries
(5) States Don't Have Internet Registries
(2) States Won't Allow Anonymous Access On Their Registry
(33) States Register Juveniles and 20 Notify
(27) States Do not have a call-in number to access the registry (1 charges $10.00)
(28) States Do not have civil commitment laws to keep sexual violent predators confined

I haven't been able to find any more information on the kfmb website about what they were talking about thursday night, but from what I understand, it is a National registration system for offenders to go in and register on...

Rocky said:
I haven't been able to find any more information on the kfmb website about what they were talking about thursday night, but from what I understand, it is a National registration system for offenders to go in and register on...
I thought you were referring to the consolidated state information that will be accessible from a federal site. :waitasec:

JerseyGirl said:
I thought you were referring to the consolidated state information that will be accessible from a federal site. :waitasec:

it was only a couple minutes they were talking about it and didn't go into a lot of details, can anyone find any info confirming what DoJ just approved?

I'm going to go nuts on Monday if we get a call that the $2 Million is approved to move forward with our system...

An update to Ohio's sex offenders registration:

In September, Governor Taft ordered a review of Megan's Law by establishing the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Task Force. As a result of recommendations made by the Task Force, Senator Jeff Jacobson, who sponsored Ohio's original Megan's Law, has introduced Senate Bill 5 to enact some of those recommendations into law.

Among the changes being considered is strengthening the classification system to reflect the fact that all sex offenders present a danger to society and to ensure that information about them should be open to the public. The committee that will review this bill plans to begin hearings as soon as next week.

To ensure that law enforcement is able to comply with Megan's Law, the Senate is also considering Senate Bill 9. This legislation would allow sheriffs to charge a registration fee for sex offenders in an effort to help defray the growing administrative and executive costs associated with the registration and community notification procedures.

http://www.wclt.com/news/special/politics6257.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back