Missing Sexual offenders

JerseyGirl said:
Hi Rocky.

I'm trying to find a picture like you described but so far, this is all I've found from the incidences you're talking about, (and it's only one shark):

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/08/16/sharks.florida/story.shark.jpg

I'll keep checking.

Do you want a picture specifically from the sharks in Florida? There are some great images out there but not specific to the Florida migration.

well the importance of the sharks off of Florida is it goes along good with the 2 children that have been killed in the last month by sex offenders Florida released...

Rocky said:
well the importance of the sharks off of Florida is it goes along good with the 2 children that have been killed in the last month by sex offenders Florida released...
The slideshow above is from the Florida sharks. Some good ones are there from #41 and after.

Authorities Say Rape Suspect Using Fake Name, Heading South

Man Charged With Assaulting Two Girls

POSTED: 12:41 pm EST March 31, 2005
UPDATED: 1:26 pm EST March 31, 2005

DOVER, N.H. -- Authorities say they believe a Maine man wanted on multiple rape charges may have fled to Virginia under an assumed name.

Bruce E. Tuttle, 57, wanted in the Dover area on 19 rape charges, took a bus from Barnstable, Mass., headed for Virginia Beach, Va., using the name Donald Hoyt, the Strafford County Attorney's office said. U.S. marshals converged on Virginia Beach on Tuesday and continued to check the area Wednesday.

Tuttle is charged with repeatedly assaulting at least two girls under the age of 13 between 1997 and 2002 in Rochester and Strafford. Indictments indicate he groped the victims and forced them to masturbate him.
http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/4334633/detail.html

Grassyknoll2 said:
Interesting article. Sounds like a lot of time and good old detective work is helping to track this guy down.

This quote from the article illustrates the main problem regarding sexual offenders:

"If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life in prison."

With all of the victims he's alleged to have had, it is still only POSSIBLE that he will spend the rest of his life in prison. Even if it's probable, it's still not guaranteed. We know what he is, history has taught us what he is capable of, yet his defense attorney will come up with some ridiculous story to try to clear him or at least get him a reduced sentence.

There is no uniformity in the laws and there is no consistency in penalties imposed by the judges throughout the system. IMO, this is the first problem we have when trying to figure out why these guys are roaming the streets.

Hopefully, since this guy has absconded, he'll receive an appropriate sentence.

Authorities believe Tuttle, who mostly recently lived in Farmingdale, Maine, has been missing at least since he failed to appear at his March 21 arraignment.

I'd like to know why he is out of jail NOW?

thank god somebody out there agrees with me on this do you need some help

I just posted this over on the Jessica Lunsford forum but wanted to put it in this thread too. Since Ginny Brown-Waite of Florida is working on H.R. 1505 to change laws regarding sex offenders and keeping track of them I thought it might be a good idea to go over each state database and do a review...I plan on getting this information to Congresswoman Brown-Waite to see if it could have any impact on H.R. 1505 down the line...here's what I posted:

This is quite long...I have went to each state sex offender database (through www.sexoffender.com) and reviewed what information they make available on their site. I find some are a rather sad excuse for keeping the public informed on just who are sex offenders. I give thumbs up to those who choose to put maps on their sites, especially the ones who make it known how close in proximity schools are from the offender. My plans are to compile this information and use if it possible in helping lawmakers decide what can be done to make these sites more user friendly, have more information readily available to the public without having to jump through hoops (see South Dakota) and keeping our children safe!! If you see that I have missed something please feel free to add...or if you want to give a critique of your states site please do so. If I have indicated that a state has no online database and you know different please provide me with a link to that site. I still think we should have a national database

Alaska
Searchable by
Name
Address type (registered, employment, school, no address)
Address part
Zip code
City
Includes photo, offense and last updated date

Alabama
Searchable by:
Name
Zip Code
County
Includes photo, offense and a map to general area of offender’s location. Has separate database of offenders with no known address.

Arizona
Searchable by:
Name
Address
Zip Code
Absconder
Includes map of offenders in specific zip code, photos, offense, risk level, more detailed map on each offenders page including where schools and daycare centers are in close proximity to the offender, date last verified.

Arkansas
Searchable by:
Name
Street Name
City
County
State
Zip Code
Race
Sex
Risk Level
Includes photos, offense, risk level.

California
Searchable by:
Name
Address
City
Zip Code
County
Parks
Schools
Includes photos, offenses, map showing proximity to schools and parks, markings (scars, tattoos), aliases. Some addresses not subject to disclosure. If offender is in violation it is indicated with large red check by his/her entry and indicates on his/her page how long they have been in violation. (California also has specific county/city databases)

Colorado

Searchable by:
Name
City
Zip Code
Includes photos, categories under which offender falls (predator, in violation, multiple offenses etc), aliases

Connecticut

Searchable by:
Name
Town
Zip Code
Includes photos, aliases, markings, date registered, last date verified, offenses. Also has an additional “Out of State Offenders in Connecticut” database, which is not searchable and has only address information

Delaware

Searchable by:
Name
Out of state offenders
Geographic search (street name, development, city, county, zip code)
Includes option to view entire database, photos, employer, last verification of employer, county of employer, school county if enrolled, risk level, offenses, aliases

Florida
Searchable by:
Name
Address
City
County
Zip
Includes advanced search options which can be quite confusing, but allows you to filter out many things such as deceased offenders. Photos, aliases, date address entered, offenses, whether under supervision.

Georgia

Searchable by:
Name
City
Zip Code
County
Separate absconder search (by county)
Separate predator search (same search parameters as offender search)
Includes photo, markings, registration and conviction date, verification date

Hawaii

Searchable by:
Name
Street
Zip Code
Includes photos with date, conviction date, employer, vehicles, offenses

Idaho
Searchable by:
Name
Zip Code
County
Juvenile or adult database
Includes photo, offense, date of conviction

Illinois
Searchable by:
City
County
Zip
Name
Multiple parameters
Includes photo, offense, age of victim, aliases, indicates whether predator

Indiana

Searchable by:
Name
Alias
SS#
City
County
Includes description (some are pretty vague..ie “white male”), no address- just city and county, SS# DOB, offenses (but you have to look up the codes to know what they are), conviction date, sentence date

Iowa
Searchable by:
Name
City
County
Offender gender
Victim Gender
Race
Height
Weight
Age (approximate +/-3 yrs)
Hair color
Eye color
Conviction County
Includes photos, markings, offenses and conviction date, victim age and gender

Kansas
Searchable by:
Name
City
County
Zip Code
Absconder
Includes photo, offenses, date of registration, date of last known address, map of location (which also shows other offenders that are nearby)

Kentucky
Search parameters:
Name
City
County
Zip
Includes photos (but they weren’t coming up when I reviewed it), offenses, compliant or not, date last updated, aliases

Louisiana
Search parameters:
Name
School (if enrolled in college)
Zip Code (can include surrounding zips)
Parish
City
Includes photos, aliases, work address, date of conviction, offenses, date of registration and verification

Maine
Search parameters:
Name
City/Town
Zip Code (including varying miles radius of area)
Includes photos, convictions, employer, date of verification

Maryland

Search parameters:
Name (can be narrowed by offender type)
Zip Code (can be narrowed by offender type)
Those employed or enrolled at higher education institues
Out of state registrants
Includes photo, work address, offense, category, status, information contact

Massachusetts

Search parameters:
Name
County
City
Zip Code
Includes photo, work address, offenses, risk, level

Michigan
Search parameters:
Name
Age (estimated within 5 years)
Zip Code
Includes no photos, aliases, description, offenses

Minnesota

Search parameters:
(Level 3 offenders only)
Name
Zip
City
County
Includes photo (both front and profile), aliases, offenses

Missouri
Search parameters:
Not searchable
Includes HTML or PDF listing of offenders by name, county, zip code. Includes links to separate county pages. Information listed only includes name, address, # of charges and offenses

Mississippi

Search parameters:
Name
City
Zip Code
County
Includes photo, conviction date, offense, date address first registered

Montana
Search parameters:
County
City
Zip
Name
Offender type
Includes photo, alias, markings, offense info, date last updated, tier type, offender type

Nebraska
Search parameters:
Name
City
County
Zip
Includes photo, alias, date of registration, offense and conviction date, “known to frequent”, risk level

New Hampshire

Search parameters:
Name
Address
City
Zip
Includes photo, offenses and date of offenses, aliases

New Jersey
Search parameters:
Geographical
Individual search
Advanced search (combining parameters)
Vehicle license
Includes photo, aliases, markings, offenses and conviction info, MO

New Mexico

Search parameters:
Name
Zip
City
County
Absconder
Includes photo, aliases, date of registration, date of re-registration, markings, offense, employers address

New York

Search parameters
Name
County
Zip
Includes photo, map, offender type, conviction date, victim age, charges, employer, college, vehicle, offense description and MO (you must enter your name and address to do search)

North Carolina

Search parameters:
Name
Zip
City
County
Status
Includes photo, aliases, registration status and violations, markings, offense and conviction info

North Dakota
Search parameters:
Name
City
Zip
County
Alphabetical listing
Includes photo, conviction and offense info, registration info including expiration date and last verification date (allows you to view photos of varying dates of arrest if available)

Nevada
Search parameters:
Name
Zip
SS#
Vehicle license
Includes

Ohio
Search parameters:
Name
County
School District (within the county)
Zip Code
Includes photo (although they weren’t coming up when I checked it), markings, aliases, classification, offenses, maps for home address and work address if known

Oklahoma
Search parameters:
Name
Address
City
State
Zip
County
Includes photo, aliases, markings, registration status and dates, last verification date, offenses

Oregon
Search parameters:
No searchable state database...Benton Co, Yamhill Co and Marion Co all have databases, but not searchable

Pennsylvania
Search parameters:
Name
Alias
County
City
Zip
Includes photo, aliases, employer address, type of offense

Rhode Island
No searchable online database

South Carolina

Search parameters:
Name
City
County
Zip
Includes photo, aliases, markings, offense info

South Dakota

Search parameters:
None...SD only has dot density maps for cities and counties. Not even a list of names.

Tennessee
Search parameters:
Name
City
Zip Code
Includes photo, aliases, offense info, date of verification

Texas
Search parameters:
Name
City (must have Zip to use City search)
Zip
Includes photo, aliases, offense info, verification date, risk level if available

Utah
Search parameters:
Name
Zip
Includes photo, aliases, vehicle, offense info and target victims

Vermont
Search parameters:
Name
County
Includes photo, treatment status, offenses, date of conviction, whether wanted or not
(You must enter your name and address to search this site)

Virginia
Search parameters:
Zip
County
City
Name
Includes photo, aliases, work address, offense information, date of registration and re-registration

West Virginia
Search parameters:
Name
County
Includes photo, offense info, victim relation and age, address verified (but no date)

Washington State

Search parameters
County
City
Street
Name
Offense type
Includes photo, map (if more than 100 come up in search you will be asked to narrow it down by choosing a quadrant on the map), offense and level of offense, schools near offender. Also includes a list of offenders with no valid address

Wisconsin
Search parameters:
Name
Location (by Zip Code only)
Includes photo, aliases, offense info, registration status

Wyoming
Search parameters:
No searchable state database - listed by county, not searchable. Includes photo, aliases, offenses

im from ct and i do alot of searching on the sex offender website in my searches with missing children from ct. they also list under the name if the person failed to complie with address. every so often i dont know how many months or so,they are required to check in and verify all the nessisary stuff like addresses or change of addresses. if they dont it will show up in bold red under their name

OMG...I just watched a movie "The Woodsman" with Kevin Bacon. It's about this sex offender that gets outta prison after 12 years. Wouldn't you know Hollywood would see these predators as capable of redemption...the whole movie just made me angry and sick to my stomach. omg....Hollywood!!!! Idiots!!!
Here's the last sentence from a decription of the movie:

THE WOODSMAN, based on a play of the same name, is an unnerving, ultimately hopeful portrait of compulsion and hard-won redemption.

http://www.phase9.tv/movies/woodsman.shtml

There's also rumours of an Academy Award for Bacon....geesh!!!!!!

richandfamous said:
OMG...I just watched a movie "The Woodsman" with Kevin Bacon. It's about this sex offender that gets outta prison after 12 years. Wouldn't you know Hollywood would see these predators as capable of redemption...the whole movie just made me angry and sick to my stomach. omg....Hollywood!!!! Idiots!!!

You have to remember that this is the same place where they say psychics solve so many crimes and there are cops who can work 72 hours straight on a case with no sleep. They are all about money and storylines, not portraying the truth.

4/14/05

Roundup Nabs More Than 10,000 Fugitives

By MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - More than 10,000 fugitives, many wanted for violent crimes, were rounded up over the past week in a coordinated nationwide effort led by U.S. marshals.

Officers from 960 federal, state and local law enforcement agencies took part in the concentrated search, which coincided with Crime Victims Rights Week, officials said. The dragnet caught 10,340 people, some of whom had two or more outstanding arrest warrants, Justice Department officials said.

More than 150 who were arrested were wanted for murder, another 550 were sought on rape or sexual assault charges, and more than 600 had outstanding arrest warrants for armed robbery, officials said. Among those captured were 150 gang members and 100 unregistered sex offenders, they said.

One armed suspect was found beneath a trap door in his kitchen, they said.

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and U.S. Marshals Service director Ben Reyna were to announce details of the roundup later Thursday.

Codenamed "Operation Falcon," the dragnet was the largest ever in numbers of arrests and involved local, state and federal authorities, said Marshals Service spokesman David Turner.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=3&u=/ap/20050414/ap_on_go_ot/fugitive_roundup

I know I keep bringing up the fact that America has 100,000 missing sexual offenders that haven't kept their agreement to stay registered.
Agreement? There is no agreement! Where did you get that idea? It is the law! And it is basically not enforceable. Because of the fact that most offenders have up to as much as 14 days to register. So, they could just keep moving or by the time they register they could have committed new offenses in other places. The law is based on good faith thinking. Did they show good faith when they did the deed that got them in trouble to start with? It is so easy to spend the rest of your life on the move that most of you would be shocked and horrified. When a sex offender moves, he does not have to tell the police where he is going if he doesn't have a place in mind. That would make it impossible to comply and at the same time police can't tell him he can't move. He has served his time and is free to go wherever he wishes. So you see, registries cannot work. It's feel good legislation at best. A false sense of well being is passed off to citizens and kids are getting hurt just as much as before they spent all the resources we give them on phony legislation. Ankle bracelets are too easy to circumvent. Now, you wanna hear something equally shocking? Many convicted sex offenders would willingly participate in a chemical castration program if they were given an opportunity but our lawmakers have decided that it would be "unfair" and not constitutional! Thats right folks, your tax dollars working hard for us all. In Israel, they experimented with such a program and offered the participants a chance at freedom. Here's what happened. Out of 100 participants, in 3 years only two had re-offended. One abscounded from his program and was caught and the other complained of side effects and was allowed to change his medication, but was only caught on a minor offense of voyourism. (peeping tom that takes pics) He was returned to prison to serve his original sentence of 50 years! Of the other 98, the ones that are still alive are productive members of their society with some making lasting contributions to their country such as the developement of nano-technology and the developement of the pentium-4 hyper-thread computer processor! Not to mention the arts and entertainment industry, and a wealth of understanding to the Israeli police in prosecuting such cases and investigating as well! And these were the most dangerous type of offenders! You wanna yell at your lawmakers now?

richandfamous said:
There's also rumours of an Academy Award for Bacon....geesh!!!!!!
Hollywood loved Roman Polanski, too- and he wasn't just acting. :(

This thread and the Jessica Lunsford case prompted me to look at my counties sex offender registry and I was shocked to see that a sex offender ( arrested for touching a child for lustful purposes) lives blocks away from me and directley behind my young cousins and I never knew. I also found that 8 registered sex offenders are unaccounted for. Those unaccounted for were convicted of crimes against nature, rape, sexual battery, and touching of child ,mentally defective, incapacitated or physically helpless person for lustful purposes just to name a few. I do not care about the privacy or rights of a sex offender. They gave up their rights when they chose to rape and molest innocent children and women. There should be giant signs in their front yard advertising the fact that they are sex offenders and they should have some sort of tracking device on them so law enforcement always knows where they are.

2sisters said:
This thread and the Jessica Lunsford case prompted me to look at my counties sex offender registry...
I'm glad that so many people are becoming aware of these registries. I agree with you on your ideas of these people having no more rights. I think the tracking devices are good but critics argue that those can be removed. Ironically, that happened just yesterday. Here's a copy of a post I made on another thread. I'll transfer links as well in a minute:

Just on CNN, can't find any articles yet ...

Violent registered sex offender, Charles Philips, from Florida has removed his electronic monitoring device and cannot be located. His mother states that he is mentally unstable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back