MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant say I'm shocked. Anxiously awaiting juror count and the details that will hopefully come.

Terry needs to immediately file for a civil trial.

I agree. Put this family into financial ruin forever. Anybody know if they have to pay Truslow again to defend him in a 2nd trial? I would assume so, let those bills pile up!

My birthday is tomorrow and this is not the news I wanted to hear the day before!! I'm so disappointed and sad for Heather's family.

Speaking of sloppy reporting. Am I reading this right or WTH is this? If this is wrong, they need to correct this. 2 Errors I see here

"While Sidney Moorer has been found not guilty of kidnapping in this case, his wife, Tammy Moorer, is still charged with kidnapping, and her trial date has not yet been set. Sidney Moorer also still faces a charge of obstruction of justice for allegedly lying to investigators about making a call to Elvis from a pay phone on the night of her disappearance.

Prior to the jury rendering the verdict Thursday, they listened to four days of testimony from a case that has been two-and-a-half years in the making.
"

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32302394/hung-jury-mistrial-will-be-declared-in-sidney-moorer-trial

Ridiculous! A mistake in the rush to be first. Journalism is DEAD.

Why does the gag order violation even need a trial? Seems like the judge could make a ruling on that in a short matter of time. It's pretty clear cut.

You can request a jury trial for stealing a pack of gum. Request being the key word here.

I think the judge said that if there's a retrial, he'll confer with the administrative judge as to wether or not the he'll be the preciding judge. I can't imagine he'd be assigned to the retrial.

Actually 10 guilty is a decent sign that the prosecution was solid. Would love to know if the "friend" juror was a holdout. Editing to say that I am sick for what the family is going through. A civil case might actually be more effective, though, in getting the family answers because a really, really good civil attorney can depose everyone. The guilty can't hide behind their 5th amendment criminal rights. Not to mention how very, very expensive it would be to defend against two cases, one for each spouse.

10 - Gulity; 2 - Not Guilty

Is that a guess or a fact? If it's fact, it's disheartening to know how close they were to the right verdict.

ETA: found the msm link for it. Hopefully they will go for the retrial. I want to hear WHY the couldn't be persuaded.

Retrial not set for September 6.#MoorerTrial

[video=twitter;746438200374272000]https://twitter.com/eddiekadhimwpde/status/746438200374272000[/video]

I think the judge said that if there's a retrial, he'll confer with the administrative judge as to wether or not the he'll be the preciding judge. I can't imagine he'd be assigned to the retrial.

He's been in hurry to get this trial over all week. He should have made them stay longer. If one of those holdouts is Truslow's friend we'll find out I'm sure.

You can request a jury trial for stealing a pack of gum. Request being the key word here.

Right, but this was a crime that deals directly with a violation of a court order. If I get a DUI and they tell me I can't drink while awaiting trial, and I get caught drinking, there is no trial option. The judge will just say I violated the court order and punish me in some way.

This makes me so sad for Heather's family and friends. I just can't imagine how they feel right now. It must feel like this will never end.

OT, why did my computer choose today to not work? I can't see any of the live feeds today.

Can SM request a bench trial for his contempt charge? The judge already said he's around that week, implying it will be him, so it seems reasonable that SM would want him to preside, and not a jury, because he know he'll just get a slap on the wrist.

Right, but this was a crime that deals directly with a violation of a court order. If I get a DUI and they tell me I can't drink while awaiting trial, and I get caught drinking, there is no trial option. The judge will just say I violated the court order and punish me in some way.

Yes, I would think that the judge would have discretion to hear this and then take action accordingly, particularly since a trial will suck unnecessary resources. Unless SM demanded a trial (which seems to be his pattern) and thinks he can wriggle out of it better? I don't know if the court has to give him a trial if that's requested?

And I get home to a man that walks free? I had a gut feeling when he shook hands with the judge it would not be good. JMO

Anyone know when TM goes to trial?

Just so sick JMO 🐮

[FONT=&quot]
phpb9WpC21011475_10151551214201720_17253088_n.png
WMBF News:

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hi Russ. Yes, we did get jury interviews and they will be aired within the next hour.
[/FONT]

Waited years and now this ...retry him and make sure it's an impartial jury no friends... no family.. And he won't be walking out the door!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I would think that the judge would have discretion to hear this and then take action accordingly, particularly since a trial will suck unnecessary resources. Unless SM demanded a trial (which seems to be his pattern) and thinks he can wriggle out of it better? I don't know if the court has to give him a trial if that's requested?
Maybe it has something to do with the contempt happening out of court? As opposed to it being right in front of judge, where he can make an instant call. Dunno.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member