MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

I can't figure out how to do multiple quotes from my iPad however back on the 1st page Amy's mom posted something like she was not sure where the whole Amy had outbursts of anger from but yet in one of the articles posted she then turned around and said Amy did have bursts of anger. It sounds like they can't keeping their stories straight.

This is such a sad case. Hoping LE finds Amy. It's been so long and she needs to ge brought home.

~Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That stood out to me too!

Has anyone been able to find the original police report? I saw that it has been released but, I'd like to see the actual document instead of just read the news report about it. :facepalm:

(I can't believe I am going to actually type this next thought out.) I'd like to know if the original report said that Mr. Midden went #1 as we have all assumed or if it was # 2 as the person claiming to be Amy's mother implied. :blushing:

Not entirely true, because there has been some street reconfiguration a in 25 years which makes it a much more direct route, but yes it is close.

On Tuesday, police made a request to Fox 9 News asking to see the entire unedited interview conducted with Susan Pagnac on Monday. When she found out, she said that's "fine."

"I suspect they want interviews on everything," she said.

Police declined to say why they want the interview, but Fox 9 News has a policy not to hand out unedited interviews without a court order.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...x-9-interview-with-susan-pagnac#ixzz32KRB4aVB

Geesh, they make it sound like giving the tape to the police who are investigating the disappearance of Amy might somehow be an irresponsible move. WTH?

So what do they want with an interview video? To show inconsistent answers from testimony they gave 25 years ago?

Not entirely true, because there has been some street reconfiguration a in 25 years which makes it a much more direct route, but yes it is close.

Can you estimate how far away it would have been to drive 25 years ago? Do you know what route he would have taken instead?

It does not appear that Amy has yet been found. I think we would immediately hear if she had been recovered on the property. LE says they'll be present on the property through Friday, maybe longer.

As to the TV interview, the mother has stated she told the officer who took the report more than once that she was not present at the gas station. Certainly, it's possible the report could be incorrect.

I find the mother "different," the only way I can express it, eccentric but believeable. The sister's statements about family life seem normal and consistent; she also seems to support her parents. We don't have an interview with the father. I've read two statements from others about him, one negative, one positive. Let us all remember the LE wrong suspect in the Elizabeth Smart case.

I don't know what to think right this moment, but if Amy is not found on the property nor at the Isanti farm, I think she may have bolted from the car and voluntarily gone with someone. Without evidence that the parents harmed her, I think they need to be supported.

Geesh, they make it sound like giving the tape to the police who are investigating the disappearance of Amy might somehow be an irresponsible move. WTH?

I agree. Hand over the damn tape already, it's a 25 year old case about a young girl's life. They make it sound like they are so ethically correct

Here is the map from Amy's house to the gas station where she allegedly disappeared from.

Why didn't Marshall Midden just go home since he had to do a #2?? I know...he'd probably say that he just couldn't wait but, really....so close to home? 2.3 miles away from home to be exact.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&so...n=6.746474,14.27124&vpsrc=3&t=h&mra=ls&num=10

I said the same thing earlier. It makes no sense. Why go out of your way to drive past the general vicinity of the house and go further south to the gas station to use the bathroom?! Just go straight home!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-belief-teenager-victim-sex-trafficking.html

Mrs Pagnac says investigators showed up on Tuesday and told her and her husband to leave for about a week, without giving any explanation for their new search.

However, she thinks some nosy neighbors may be to blame for the renewed efforts.
'I hear a couple of our neighbors, who have hated us for years, are talking and telling people we did a lot of landscaping on our property after Amy disappeared so perhaps that has something to do with what's going on now.

'What they obviously forgot to add is that the work we did was in 1993 and Amy went missing in 1989!

This article hints a bit at things I think:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/05/20/original-police-report-released-in-amy-pagnac-search/

MAPLE GROVE, Minn. (WCCO) — The search of Amy Pagnac’s childhood home continued Tuesday in Maple Grove. She went missing 25 years ago when she was just 13 years old.

She was last seen outside a gas station with her father in Osseo in 1989.

Investigators on scene said they were just checking in. They say they know people are making assumptions but they don’t know what happened.

New on Tuesday, police released the report taken the day Amy went missing. In the report, her parents said she had runaway before and they expected her to come home the next day.

That, of course, didn’t happen and this started years of searching as evident by the size of the case file. Police were again tight-lipped as to why they are searching the home now but say they are making progress.

“We’re trying to find Amy. That’s kind of a broad spectrum, I get that but that’s why we’re here,” said Capt. Keith Terlinden, of the Maple Grove Police.

Also of note in the original report, Amy’s parents had said they were going out of town for some type of medical procedure for a few days after Amy went missing.

They said they felt when they got back to town, Amy would be home.

The red line on the map shows a more probable route from house to gas station in 1989.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-05-21 at 9.09.48 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-05-21 at 9.09.48 AM.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 171
I'm a bit confused about the relationship between Amy and her father. In an article on the Kare11 website it describes him as her adoptive father, but I've also seen step-father. Did mother state he is listed on her birth certificate. So did he adopt her at some point? Is he also the step- or adoptive father to Amy's sister? Where his Amy's bio dad? Has he ever been in the picture? I'm on my phone so I can't currently link to the kare11 site right now.

The media isn't disclosing any of that for sure. LE said yesterday they won't comment on the family's relationship with the police, ie whether or not they are cooperating, etc.

I think it's worth noting that they have not been named as suspects and they are not in custody. If they had any reason to hold a person of interest, I would think they would do that in the interest of finding Amy, rather than allowing them to come and go as they please and talk to the media.

I check up on this case periodically-wow, what an update. I really hope LE finds something, anything that can help solve this.
It seems entirely possible that Amy's parents have nothing to do with this and LE is looking through all personal papers, items, diaries, etc. to try to find a clue.
It's also possible they have something to do with it because LE is basically ripping their house apart, and I doubt they would do that without solid reasons.
I watched the interview with Amy's mom. It's possible that she had nothing to do with Amy's disappearance. Or she may just be very confident because she had something to do with it but she knows the house contains zero evidence.
She was a tad strange the way she was laughing and saying "I was at home!" (she wasn't at the gas station).
Maybe Amy's stepfather did something and Amy's mom has no knowledge and does not believe in her heart he would have harmed Amy. This whole case is just strange.
If Amy ran from the gas station you would think there would have been a few sightings of her around the area before she made it to wherever she wanted to go (with no belongings or money!)
The odds of a perp taking her from the gas station in broad daylight with people and cars coming and going just seem so small.

The media isn't disclosing any of that for sure. LE said yesterday they won't comment on the family's relationship with the police, ie whether or not they are cooperating, etc.

I think it's worth noting that they have not been named as suspects and they are not in custody. If they had any reason to hold a person of interest, I would think they would do that in the interest of finding Amy, rather than allowing them to come and go as they please and talk to the media.

LE has said "No Comment" when asked if the parents are suspects. That is different than saying "They are not suspects" IMO.

Two excellent points.

I keep picturing him coming home and announcing to his wife that he sold away their troubled teen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back