MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

What is Fetal Brain Tumor Symptom?

I wonder if mom confused what the doctor said?

"It's not a specific piece of information, it's more of a process that brought us to their house," said Capt. Keith Terlinden, Maple Grove, Minn., police.

Maple Grove police, Hennepin County and the FBI are executing a search warrant, though they won't say what exactly they are looking for or how long it might take.

"We have a goal in mind within the search warrant, and we'll leave once that goal has been accomplished," Terlinden said.

Police are quick to point out that Amy's parents are not suspects at this time, and Amy's mother Susan said she welcomes the attention to the case.

What is Fetal Brain Tumor Symptom?

I wonder if mom confused what the doctor said?

Can I get a direct link as to how this was literally said and the context of the statement? Fetal brain tumors are just that, brain tumors that are discovered during pregnancy via ultrasound. How it is worded, is strange, in my opinion. Is she saying that a doctor informed her once Amy was older that she had symptoms that there had been fetal brain tumor? Fetal brain tumors are extremely rare, and there is a very high rate of fatality during or shortly after birth in case studies from what I gather. I can't find specifically where she said this.

http://ispub.com/IJGO/14/1/12822
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2713989/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2634217/Parents-girl-disappeared-25-years-ago-say-new-search-home-caused-hateful-neighbors-reporting-landscaping-projects-reveal-belief-teenager-victim-sex-trafficking.html

There's also question's about Amy's health state at the time of her disappearance since she was suffering from migraines and had a seizure previously.

'We had been taking her to the doctor to find out the cause of her health problems but did not have a diagnosis yet, they were still taking tests when she vanished.

'Amy was also showing signs of being bi-polar as well as fetal brain tumor symptoms, but the doctors had ruled out she had a tumor, thank goodness, but they did not know what was wrong with her.'

However, they don't believe Amy's health issues would have caused her to run off for 25 years.

"It's not a specific piece of information, it's more of a process that brought us to their house," said Capt. Keith Terlinden, Maple Grove, Minn., police.

Maple Grove police, Hennepin County and the FBI are executing a search warrant, though they won't say what exactly they are looking for or how long it might take.

"We have a goal in mind within the search warrant, and we'll leave once that goal has been accomplished," Terlinden said.

Police are quick to point out that Amy's parents are not suspects at this time, and Amy's mother Susan said she welcomes the attention to the case.
LE is being cryptic for sure. One minute they decline to say whether the parents are suspects then the next they are saying they are not suspects.
Of course they don't owe anybody a straight answer because they are trying to do what is best to find Amy. Color me confused
I do think they could be searching for clues as to where Amy could have gone and who could have helped her to get away.
Or they suspect the stepfather. To me the stepfather's story seems off. Maybe he acted alone and Amy's mom is in denial or knows nothing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2634217/Parents-girl-disappeared-25-years-ago-say-new-search-home-caused-hateful-neighbors-reporting-landscaping-projects-reveal-belief-teenager-victim-sex-trafficking.html

There's also question's about Amy's health state at the time of her disappearance since she was suffering from migraines and had a seizure previously.

'We had been taking her to the doctor to find out the cause of her health problems but did not have a diagnosis yet, they were still taking tests when she vanished.

'Amy was also showing signs of being bi-polar as well as fetal brain tumor symptoms, but the doctors had ruled out she had a tumor, thank goodness, but they did not know what was wrong with her.'

However, they don't believe Amy's health issues would have caused her to run off for 25 years.

Thanks!

So what is a fetal brain tumor in a 13 year old girl? Did mom misunderstand what the doctor said?

Sounds like she was having headaches and seizures so they were looking at the possibility that she was maybe born with a brain tumor. They ruled that out, but never determined what was causing the problems.

This article hints a bit at things I think:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/05/20/original-police-report-released-in-amy-pagnac-search/

Also of note in the original report, Amy’s parents had said they were going out of town for some type of medical procedure for a few days after Amy went missing.

They said they felt when they got back to town, Amy would be home.

This is just bizarre. Your daughter is missing and you decide to still go out of town for a medical procedure for "a few days"??? Wow. Sounds to me like a lack of urgency or worry......as in you know where she is or what happened to her.

I'm not making up my mind that they are suspects, but that sure doesn't sound good!

Trying to reserve judgement, but it sounds like to me either she wanted to get away from that family or the family wanted her to get away from them.

I think it's pretty typical for police to claim this publicly. Calling people suspects outright usually causes them to lawyer-up, which law enforcement wants to postpone, IMO.

I think it's pretty typical for police to claim this publicly. Calling people suspects outright usually causes them to lawyer-up, which law enforcement wants to postpone, IMO.

Right. Because this way she will continue to talk, and I believe the more she talks, the more her story will change.

This is just bizarre. Your daughter is missing and you decide to still go out of town for a medical procedure for "a few days"??? Wow. Sounds to me like a lack of urgency or worry......as in you know where she is or what happened to her.

I'm not making up my mind that they are suspects, but that sure doesn't sound good!
RSBM & BBM

You beat me to posting the same thought.
What the heck ?

The case of Elizabeth Smart is still haunting. And the fact that they (LE) seemed to disregard the comments by her sister about the handyman and focus on the dad instead had to cause more anguish---- So I'm not saying Amy's parents are guilty --- but to go out of town at a time like that....

I would have been a wreck and in no shape to go anywhere.
Some people deal with situations differently; just seems odd to say the least !
:twocents:

:moo:

Right. And then they'll say that they thought she ran away so they assumed she'd come back....when in one of the recent interviews the mom said she knew she didn't run away because her purse, wallet, etc were all still at the house.

"the money in the basement". Whatever that means.

"the money in the basement". Whatever that means.

Perhaps initially the mother felt A had run away and would return but later figured out she did not because her things and money were still around. Maybe that's why she kept her medical appointment - if A had previously run away.

The red line on the map shows a more probable route from house to gas station in 1989.

Here's another map with a similar route to what you showed based on the streets that actually go all the way through.

Based on the new map, the gas station could have been a 2.4 mile drive instead of the 2.3 miles that I posted earlier.

I still say who the heck stops at a gas station that is 2.4 miles from your home so that you can take a #2 in a gas station restroom??!! It would take longer to go in and ask for the key and then walk all the way around to the restroom than it would to just go home and do what you need to do.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&so...n=6.746474,14.27124&vpsrc=3&t=h&mra=ls&num=10

I really hope LE finds something that leads to where Amy is.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Perhaps initially the mother felt A had run away and would return but later figured out she did not because her things and money were still around. Maybe that's why she kept her medical appointment - if A had previously run away.

If my dog ran away I wouldn't leave town for a couple of days and hope he came back.

She was a minor. Runaway or otherwise, the child is your responsibility. If you weren't worried enough when she went missing then why report it to the police?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back