MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

I'm wondering if it's really necessary to take all that's apparently being taken from the house. Can LE say for certain what's been replaced in 25 years? Sorry, but I think filling those containers is a stretch.

Ever seen a search? Everything is a mess when LE leaves. Items pulled from drawers and closets are left on the floor, and the occupants have to put everything back. I'm assuming whatever is released by LE will be the responsibility of the parents to rent something to pick up articles at the police station. Seems unfair if something is not found.

Heavily wooded lots are pretty typical for around New England. I thought it looked quite nice, all shady and green and private.

I don't think it looks terrible. I have a large flat yard with young trees so I'm kind of jealous of the privacy. It's just that I live in Minnesota and don't often see yards with things planted so close to the street. Many cities would either fine you, cut it down themselves, or both. I'm surprised those shrubs have survived the snow plows.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm wondering if it's really necessary to take all that's apparently being taken from the house. Can LE say for certain what's been replaced in 25 years? Sorry, but I think filling those containers is a stretch.

Ever seen a search? Everything is a mess when LE leaves. Items pulled from drawers and closets are left on the floor, and the occupants have to put everything back. I'm assuming whatever is released by LE will be the responsibility of the parents to rent something to pick up articles at the police station. Seems unfair if something is not found.

I agree, hope they have really good reason and know what they are looking for. How devastating on top of everything else if they are innocent.

I don't think it looks terrible. I have a large flat yard with young trees so I'm kind of jealous of the privacy. It's just that I live in Minnesota and don't often see yards with things planted so close to the street. Many cities would either fine you, cut it down themselves, or both. I'm surprised those shrubs have survived the snow plows.

It's amazing how different things are in different parts of the country :)

All I can imagine for those dumpsters is that there are a lot of papers and boxes and things like that and they needed to be put somewhere while LE searches.

All I can imagine for those dumpsters is that there are a lot of papers and boxes and things like that and they needed to be put somewhere while LE searches.

That makes sense.

Maybe they're going through piles of papers and such looking for one or two particular things?

That makes sense.

Maybe they're going through piles of papers and such looking for one or two particular things?

I believe this is day 5 (Sunday start?). I have not heard of a body being found. The mother seems confident that A left voluntarily or was abducted. She does not appear to suspect her husband. Maybe it's her attitude, but I don't believe she is involved, and I cannot see how the father could have buried A on the property w/o the mother's knowledge. Landscaping was not done until 5 yrs later. Also, the Isanti farm was searched - nothing. I'm puzzled.

It was verified that A was seen leaving the farm with her father but was not seen at the gas station, but I'm comfortable with that because I don't always check the occupants of cars at service stations. I suppose the father could have done something to A between the farm and the gas station - plenty of open land in Isanti Co. Would he have had a shovel or time to bury her? I suppose, however, that LE has interviewed him w/o any useful information.

As a person who actually has dug by hand in the soil of Minnesota, I wonder what the soil is like en route from Isanti to the Twin Cities?

Where I live, it is clay. You cannot dig without hitting rocks of various sizes. And if you are anywhere near a tree, there are roots. Digging is very difficult.

If the soil is sandy or a loam, that is a whole different thing.

People who operate backhoes for a long time are so good that they can feel with the bucket if soil has been disturbed. Soil that has been disturbed can be seen by those who know what signs they should see.

Digging in that backyard would be about impossible, I feel. And since the soil is disturbed all over, there would be nothing that stands out.

I don't know if it is true there, but in many developments, the topsoil is scraped away and sold. What is left is the subsoil which is like iron

In this area of Maple Grove the soil is very much a clay soil. You know it's possible that you would have a lot of things to remove from the house and store temporarily if you (for instance) had to get to a basement floor to jackhammer.

So the digging by LE is going to be incredibly difficult. I wonder if they have used the tools that allow them to find things in the soil. Kind of like x ray. Did they bring dogs in as well?

Otherwise, where would one begin to dig there? Yowsa

So the digging by LE is going to be incredibly difficult. I wonder if they have used the tools that allow them to find things in the soil. Kind of like x ray.

When Capt. Terlinden talked about technology that is available to them now that was not available in 1989 my thought was that he was alluding to imaging technology. You are correct. Clay soil and lots of rocks and old tree roots does not make for an easy dig... if that is part of the plan.

Didn't the dad install an "alien landing pad" or something in the back - i.e.e a big concrete slab?? I would assume they will jackhammer that out?

On order to get the search warrant, they must have shown legal cause to the courts. I wonder what triggered these searches now.

LE made a comment that it wasn't "one thing" that triggered the search; it was more of a progression of sorts. Amy's mom said she thought it was nosy neighbors who have a problem with the Pagnacs. According to LE they are not working off a tip. They hinted that they are looking for something specific and that they will know it when they find it. I don 't think there are remains there so who knows what this mysterious thing is.

Didn't the dad install an "alien landing pad" or something in the back - i.e.e a big concrete slab?? I would assume they will jackhammer that out?
BBM

:floorlaugh: :ufo:

Sorry... couldn't resist.
Didn't read about that yet.

Still do not know what to think about this case. I think one thing we can all agree on, is justice for Amy-- if there was foul play involved.

:moo:

I can't remember where I read that now...it was just the other day. It might have been in the comments on one of the Facebook news articles from WCCO or KARE. Probably not a reliable source!

That's a good question. But didn't she disappear in August? So there would not have been school in session

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back