MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #6 - Chauvin Trial Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin says he did not continue working at Cup Foods because he did not feel safe.

Nelson now cross examining this witness.

Nelson asks, “You immediately recognized it as a counterfeit bill?”

Martin responds, “Correct” and again references the color of the $20 bill.

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1377293699902697472?s=21

Nelson asking about store policy -- that employees who take a counterfeit bill would have to pay for it out of their pocket.

Martin confirms that was the case. He doesn't remember what time -- but Floyd's friend handed him counterfeit bill earlier in the day.

Martin specifies when being asked by Nelson about George Floyd's state on drugs -- Martin did not believe Floyd knew it was a phony bill. He thinks GF's friend was scheming and was behind the counterfeit money.

https://twitter.com/louraguse/status/1377295347488325635?s=21

I am bumping this timeline up as just now have screen shot to verify what I thought. The ambulance just now shown in court shows that the ambulance arrived at 8:28:05 pm... I'm getting the post updated for the timeline now. UPDATE IN RED below. I do hope someone on the jury is doing a timeline as many times, jurors are not allowed to review, and may not be done in closing.
TIMELINE

View attachment 290726
View attachment 290727

These screenshots are from Day 1 video of Washington Post, beginning at 4:11:17 in the video. As is hard to see... I'll do a quicky read and do quick highlights here. Others can expound upon. I have much of this in transcription but thought too long to post here.

20:02:13 Call place from cashier to 911 call taker ID CT031779. Says counterfeit bill/blue mercedez/plz run plate/describes GF/says he appears under influence. This info goes to screen in police car.
...........getting back up requests... including park police
20:04:02 - Officers on site and asking to run plate
20:11:02 - Officers have removed him from patrol car
20:20:11 - Call in for EMS Code 2 non emergent for mouth injury
20:21:35 - 330 (LE folks) call for code 3 (get here quick)
20:27:21 - Information for EMS, PD has him restrained on ground
20:28:36 - Paramedic rig code 3 asking for fire - The EMS folks entered this information. (per her testimony, they are asking for additional support)
20:31:12 Per engine 412 firerig response, EMS is at Park and 36th as they have left the scene.
20:32:02 EMS would like the fire department for Pt condition at their new location. (per her testimony, this was because she didn't know what was going on so she asked her other agencies via METCOM radio.. she got info on radio and put into system)
20:34:10 - EMS paramedics reporting into system saying he is in full arrest
20:34:30 - EMS is saying working full arrest
20: She added fire dept is in route to park and 36th
20:36:07 Fire dispatch saying engine 17 fire is 2 minutes out to park and 36th
20:48:23 EMS says they are headed to hospital - (e.d. they had stopped resuscitation efforts
20:55:06 LE put directly into car computer they are headed to HCMC ... status of the AP

I wonder do these times of reports jibe with what the timing is on the street videos as to timely reports by LE etc? It looks like they didn't call for EMS until 9 minutes after he was on the ground??!! (20:11 ---. 20:20) Is this correct??? It appears they didn't even say restrained on ground for some time. I think I'm off here, help!

Screenshots are from below... starting about 4:12:43 Day 1 from dispatcher testimony (e.d. not to be confused with 911 call taker/operator.. they are in different rooms..)

20:02:13 Call place from cashier to 911 call taker ID CT031779. Says counterfeit bill/blue mercedez/plz run plate/describes GF/says he appears under influence. This info goes to screen in police car.
20:28:05 ***FROM TESTIMONY DAY 3 AMBULANCE ARRIVES AT THE SCENE-SCREENSHOT FROM COURT FEED
ambulancearrives2805.JPG

20:28:36 - Paramedic rig code 3 asking for fire - The EMS folks entered this information. (per her testimony, they are asking for additional support)
20:31:12 Per engine 412 firerig response, EMS is at Park and 36th as they have left the scene.
20:32:02 EMS would like the fire department for Pt condition at their new location. (per her testimony, this was because she didn't know what was going on so she asked her other agencies via METCOM radio.. she got info on radio and put into system)
20:48:23 EMS says they are headed to hospital - (e.d. they had stopped resuscitation efforts
20:55:06 LE put directly into car computer they are headed to HCMC ... status of the AP

Last edited:
all part of building this "out of control mob theory" and yet they have to show the video of a number of obviously young mostly kids standing around. It does not compute and defense will fail on this one.

Especially when there are numerous people casually walking by, stopping momentarily then continuing their progress at the same rate of speed. Out of control mobs are like metal filings clinging to a magnet, they attract more and more people.

Martin identifies the man wearing red sweats, white shirt inside the store was the passenger in George Floyd's vehicle. Martin says he tried to use a fake bill before Floyd, but didn't take it. They're not showing the video, but here's a still.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ex0jGXyWgAETP7N?format=jpg

Nelson asks if he accepted the bill b/c Floyd appeared to be under the influence.

Martin says "partially."

Martin adds: Partially. The other person that come in, it kind of seemed like he was trying to scheme like he knew it was a fake bill...I thought that George didn't really know that it was a fake bill, so I thought I'd be doing him a favor.

Nelson asks Martin if he can recall what words George Floyd was struggling to say. Martin says he cannot recall. Nelson started to look for the words in Martin's transcript, but couldn't find it.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1377295810912776200?s=21

Notice Nelson is asking this witness about his meeting with prosecutors to prepare for his testimony. But he didn’t ask Williams or Hansen that question. He asked about interviews with LE but not prosecutors.

Coincidence that this witness is so good compared to the others?

I am bumping this timeline up as just now have screen shot to verify what I thought. The ambulance just now shown in court shows that the ambulance arrived at 8:28:05 pm... I'm getting the post updated for the timeline now. UPDATE IN RED below. I do hope someone on the jury is doing a timeline as many times, jurors are not allowed to review, and is not done in closing.

Since you are keeping track of times.. watching this witness since they came back from break and when they were showing the video from the other store when the employees were approaching GF's vehicle, the timestamps confused me, was it wrong on the video? It was showing it was 20:23... so 8:23.
Sorry, I didn't start watching until after the juror break and want to watch live before I go back to earlier testimony ;)

I am bumping this timeline up as just now have screen shot to verify what I thought. The ambulance just now shown in court shows that the ambulance arrived at 8:28:05 pm... I'm getting the post updated for the timeline now. UPDATE IN RED below. I do hope someone on the jury is doing a timeline as many times, jurors are not allowed to review, and is not done in closing.

20:28:05 ***FROM TESTIMONY DAY 3 AMBULANCE ARRIVES AT THE SCENE-SCREENSHOT FROM COURT FEED
View attachment 290757

Thank you for this. I was thinking yesterday that neither side is doing a particularly good job maintaining a clear timeline.

Nelson is so unorganized.

Agreed. I think he needs some help. Appeal on the basis of ineffective counsel seems to be possible... MOO

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
10m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Martin saw ofc. Thao. He was telling people in the crowd to stay back. "George was motionless, limp and Chauvin seemed very confused and in a resting state....knee on neck."

Martin said he started recording but he deleted his recording that night. He said he realized Floyd had probably died and he didn't want to show the video to anyone.

Martin says he stopped working at Cup Foods after this. He didn't feel safe.

Nelson on cross-exam - Martin says he thought Floyd didn't really know it was a fake bill.

Nelson.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Been a long time since I have posted here - but is there not a specific charge for someone required to render aid and failing to do so?

There's a good Samaritan law that suggests those capable of providing aid to someone in distress could safely provide aid without worrying about legal ramifications after the fact. When the law was introduced I doubt someone thought of a scenario where LE were the ones not only resisting the application of aid but were the originators of the medical emergency.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
2m
#DerekChauvinTrial - New witness: Christopher Belfrey. He was on the scene.

Belfrey.jpg

We know that Christopher Belfrey filmed some of the encounter from inside his car that was parked behind Floyd's car

Belfrey testifies he saw police go to Floyd's driver's side door. He saw police pull a gun out so he started recording with his phone.

Belfrey says he quickly left when he heard more sirens because he didn't want to get trapped and not be able to leave.

#DerekChauvinTrial - Jurors just saw this video Christopher Belfrey took from behind #GeorgeFloyd's vehicle.

Belfrey shows on this diagram where he moved his car. He said when he parked in the new spot he started recording again.

Map.jpg

Yes it was in defense counsel's opening. GF's ex-girlfriend was trying to get him to leave but he was dozing off. She ended up calling her daughter for a lift as a result.

And she hung around until after GF was taken away in the ambulance and when MMA guy came up to her and told her what happened. (In the one hour post video in thread, also at media thread) She lost it.

Of mention that I saw 2 days ago when I first saw the one hour Media Youtube, was that the guy when his passenger seat guy was approached to get out of the car, he took off his hat and what appeared to me were bills fell on the ground. I've never in any videos I've seen has there been a follow up of such. Today, we saw in video that his passenger seat guy did a hand off of what appeared to be paper dollar bills on the surveillance in CUP food.

Wondering where that guy is now...

MOO *sits on hands*

Last edited:
Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
2m
#DerekChauvinTrial - New witness: Christopher Belfrey. He was on the scene.

View attachment 290760

We know that Christopher Belfrey filmed some of the encounter from inside his car that was parked behind Floyd's car

Belfrey testifies he saw police go to Floyd's driver's side door. He saw police pull a gun out so he started recording with his phone.

Belfrey says he quickly left when he heard more sirens because he didn't want to get trapped and not be able to leave.

#DerekChauvinTrial - Jurors just saw this video Christopher Belfrey took from behind #GeorgeFloyd's vehicle.

Belfrey shows on this diagram where he moved his car. He said when he parked in the new spot he started recording again.

View attachment 290761

He said he stopped recording and lowered his phone because one of the LEOs was staring at him/watching him record. He was afraid and didn’t want any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419