MN - George Floyd, 46, unarmed, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we can go on and on about the health issues of Mr. Floyd. He looked clinically obese to me. Probably another reason why he had problems breathing while being on his stomach.

But, whatever his health issues were, the cause of death, on that day, at that time, was directly related to having oxygen cut due to compression on the carotid artery.

And, a second police officer had both of his knees into Mr. Floyds' back at diaphragm level, rendering him unable to inhale as well as the knee on the neck.

IMO, all the officers present should be up on murder charges, first degree.

That method of 'controlling' someone should be banned, immediately.

Even if police have you face down, they should be obliged to get you up asap so that you CAN breath.

So much for serve and protect. Jail all four of them, now.

Minneapolis community fills sidewalk with groceries after riots destroy stores

sanford-giveaway.jpg

Organizers say they were looking for just 84 bags. It's clear they got much more.

Last edited:
Sunday, a call was put out asked residents to bring food and other supplies for families who are left without a place to shop nearby. On top of that, many have no transportation with Metro Transit shut down to the riots.

~From LadyL's article above

That is so heartwarming. I think we need to keep hearing these kinds of stories.

The autopsy said fentanyl in the system and evidence of recent meth use, IIRC. Fentanyl's effects include:

extreme happiness
drowsiness
nausea
confusion
constipation
sedation
problems breathing
unconsciousness.

This is not the same as meth.

With all due respect, we have seen the video from when the two young ones arrive with the officer pulling his gun at the window of Mr. Floyd and then take him out of the car and handcuff him (report states he actively resisted). The report says he became compliant and was seated against the wall (in thread 1). In the report,Lane asked him if he was on anything but the answer is not noted there. The report says that at 8:14 while walking to the SUV he stiffened, fell to the ground and reported being claustrophobic. The other two arrived and struggled to get him in the car, he fell down and said he wasn't getting in the car. We saw the video of him in/out/possibly in the SUV. The killer pulled him out of the car at 8:19 according to the document. He went to the ground prone and handcuffed and never got up again. I am assuming that the narrative of the arrest warrant is from cameras and body cameras as the first two activated their cameras; accurately describing the key movements of all.

We haven't seen the body cams from inside the SUV and, the exit before he fell to the ground. Regardless, from the time he was at his vehicle he was handcuffed-- or in custody--- he is defenseless at this point. Can he kick and go stiff as a board? Yes. But he did not by any account. The arrest documents do not say that he did anything besides fall to the ground and mildly resist. In fact his preferred position in this whole account is to fall to the ground. He reports claustrophobia. He is altered enough to be asked by the first officers.

Increased risk? Yes. I think that the cascade here was not begun by Mr. Floyd despite his altered state and mild resistance. The cascade is begun when in the vehicle and the killer ran around to other side and pulled him out. It was at this point that the killer decided he was going to dominate him and prove he was boss. He responded to no pleas of Mr. Floyd or anyone in the crowd. He dismissed his fellow killers thought about turning him on his side as his fellow killer thought he might be altered and need it. He dismissed taking any action after he knew of the "no pulse" finding. Mr. Floyd did not have a chance. The fourth one, the killer who had a 25k settlement paid for his excessive use of force--watched and observed the whole thing, he put his hand on his pepper spray as the crowd begged him to do something. He didn't want another excessive force charge but wasn't going to step up either. It is good that he will probably go to jail, IMO.

Very good post.

BREAKING: Minnesota files civil rights charge against Minneapolis Police Department

ST. PAUL, Minn. (KTTC) -- Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has announced that the Minnesota Department of Human Rights begin investigation into the Minneapolis Police Department.

Walz said the Department is filing a civil rights charge against the MPD due to the death of George Floyd. Video was posted online last week showing Officer Derek Chauvin kneeling on Floyd's neck as he repeatedly pleaded for air and witnesses told Chauvin to stop. This sparked protests across the United States and abroad.

I really, really hope this horrible incident brings about change. The Minneapolis Police Department and all police departments everywhere need to get rid of the racists that are on their payroll. At my job I would have been been fired immediately if I I treated people of color in a racist manner. These officers should have been fired long ago if they had a history of using excess force.

Because he had been able to get away with doing egregious actions previously, so the callousness became normalized, and also escalated. There is a thrill, with power tripping, like how far can I go? There is almost an endorphin high that kicks in with this type of anti-social deviant activity. Which is why he didn't let go. He was enjoying the "high".

He had already been involved in shooting 3 black men, killing one. In 2006, 2008 and 2011. There was no reason for him to believe he would not get away with killing yet another person.

George Floyd killer cop Derek Chauvin shot three men and always got away despite ten complaints against him | MEAWW
Derek Chauvin: What we know about the officer at center of George Floyd's death - Bring Me The News
Derek Chauvin history: Minneapolis Officer accused in George Floyd's death opened fire on 2 people, had 17 complaints - ABC11 Raleigh-Durham

In some posts, the presence of fentanyl and methamphetamine in GF was mentioned. I want to say that even if so, it by any means is NOT the reason to mistreat a person in police custody. What if a person is drunk of high on pot (legal substances)? Drank 6 cups of coffee? What if he is on prescription drugs?

Drug addiction is an illness. Like alcoholism. Nothing gives us the right to mete out judgment, especially in such a horrible way.

BBM
What I do not understand is how anyone could determine what substances was in the system of Mr. Floyd when it is a well known fact that toxicology reports takes weeks if not months to come back.

the presence of fentanyl and methamphetamine in GF was mentioned

This is pure speculation unless a toxicology report is provided that states any drugs legal or illegal was in the blood stream of Mr. Floyd. Speculation without links is discouraged here at WS so if anyone has the toxicology report where these drugs or any drugs were found in the victim's system please post it so we can all read it for ourselves. TIA

JMO

BBM
What I do not understand is how anyone could determine what substances was in the system of Mr. Floyd when it is a well known fact that toxicology reports takes weeks if not months to come back.

This is pure speculation unless a toxicology report is provided that states any drugs legal or illegal was in the blood stream of Mr. Floyd. Speculation without links is discouraged here at WS so if anyone has the toxicology report where these drugs or any drugs were found in the victim's system please post it so we can all read it for ourselves. TIA

JMO

The only place you can find it is on the ME's report. The full tox screen is not back yet.

A LOT of Torontos' downtown core is being shuttered and boarded up in anticipation of 'rioting'.

Not sure if Torontonians are joining the rest of the world in protesting George Floyds' death or if its something else. Anyone??

BBM

JMO
It's in the last thread, in the report by the Medical Examiner. Cause of Death was asphyxiation caused from the pressure on his back and neck. Manner of death was Homicide. I can't remember the page it's on but it's at the end of the thread.

Fortunately the family had a second autopsy done because the first one found that he died from a combination of factors, including existing medical problems.

BBM

Then it cannot be quoted as a fact.
Isn't the MD Report an official Document? He summarized the preliminary results. It did not indicate that Floyd was intoxicated at the time of his death, just that it was in his system. From what I understand the MD is a reputable examiner. I can't remember his name but I think there is also an article about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle