GUILTY MN - Heidi Firkus, 25, fatally shot, St. Paul, 25 Apr 2010 *husband arrested 2021*

I found this site nearly a year ago after this crime took place. I haven't believed the husband's "story" since day one, and it's extremely frustrating to not hear a word about it since police supposedly wrapped up their investigation of the scene. Just to recap for those unfamiliar with this case:

4/25/10: 25-year-old Heidi Firkus was murdered by an "intruder" in her own home around 6:30 a.m., the only "witness" being her husband whose leg was grazed by a bullet during a struggle over his own shotgun. Her husband told police that he was unable to describe the intruder.

5/14/10: Police released a composite sketch of the man Firkus said he struggled with. His attorney, high-profile criminal defense lawyer Joe Friedberg, hired a private artist to draw the composite. Firkus and a representative of his legal team met with police to submit it. Firkus described the intruder as a black man, 40 to 60 years old, 6 feet to 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighing 200 to 220 pounds. He said he was wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt.

5/24/10: The last article in the St. Paul Pioneer Press (twincities.com) reported that a search warrant affidavit revealed the couple faced "severe financial problems," and Heidi apparently was unaware she and her husband were to be evicted the next day.
Asked why police are inquiring into the Firkus' credit reports, Schnell said: "It's part of a full and complete investigation. Just as investigators are following up on every lead and phone call that's been received, they're following up on all elements of the Firkus' life, looking for any possible connection to identify a suspect or motive."

4/11/11: Two weeks until the 1-year anniversary of Heidi's murder, and there have been no further news articles, no arrests, and no statement regarding the investigation.

The St. Paul Police Department website (http://www.stpaul.gov/index.aspx?NID=4462) does not list the Firkus Murder as an unsolved crime, a cold case, or on its most wanted page.

Is it possible that this killing truly was committed by an unknown intruder whom the police are unable to find? I find that hard to believe, but I don't have any other explanation for why absolutely nothing has happened (at least publicly) for nearly an entire year since the crime occurred.

Thanks Mnlaw for bumping this thread...I'm ashamed that I had forgotten about this case. I still don't buy his story of the struggle with an intruder over the gun. It's just too coincidental that they were to be evicted from their house the next day. Sure wish LE would release some info....I wonder what hubby's been up to and if there was life insurance on Heidi.

I was just thinking about this case a couple of days ago. I'm so sorry to hear no progress has been made. I can only hope LE is working hard behind the scenes to ensure Heidi's killer is brought to justice.

Seriously? These guys need to read Websleuths first if they want to knock off their wives. The "wife got shot/stabbed/strangled to death while the husband got a splinter/blister" scenario never works. Guilty!

Seriously? These guys need to read Websleuths first if they want to knock off their wives. The "wife got shot/stabbed/strangled to death while the husband got a splinter/blister" scenario never works. Guilty!

Bumping for Heidi. They lived only a couple of blocks from me. I hope the police are still investigating...there have been no news updates in six months. She deserves justice.

BUMP FOR HEIDI

Ugh. Still nothing and it looks like a certain party has moved on and gotten remarried recently.

( according to this link: http://olsonkiddo.blogspot.com/2012/08/rachel-nick.html )

:banghead:

Oh, people, you've got to click on the blogspot link!

This guy isn't looking over his shoulder for the cops, He Is Getting MARRIED to another young lady! I'm not going to call the guy a sociopath, but if you read the whole post you will see how well he has pulled the wool over the eyes of his new bride's family!

Her sister can't stop gushing over how he will never hurt her sis and they all think he is so great AND even mentions her friend, his former wife who "passed away".

What's up with that? Are the local cops asleep or on the take or just plain intimidated? This dude is living it up!

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, people, you've got to click on the blogspot link!

This guy isn't looking over his shoulder for the cops, He Is Getting MARRIED to another young lady! I'm not going to call the guy a sociopath, but if you read the whole post you will see how well he has pulled the wool over the eyes of his new bride's family!

Her sister can't stop gushing over how he will never hurt her sis and they all think he is so great AND even mentions her friend, his former wife who "passed away".

What's up with that? Are the local cops asleep or on the take or just plain intimidated? This dude is living it up!

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This story peaked my interest and there is a bit of a new wife bio if you search "lifeinfashionwithlindaisy Firkus"... and on pinterest, etc.

This story peaked my interest and there is a bit of a new wife bio if you search "lifeinfashionwithlindaisy Firkus"... and on pinterest, etc.

She's adorable. And was a family friend for years before marrying Nick.

Who knows, maybe this is the one in a million cases where the husband didn't do it?

The wife killed/husband shot in leg story is so used up though.

Hi, I am new to this community and I too have been interested in how this has played out. My family used to live near the Firkus family. I feel so sad that Heidi is gone and that there are so many unanswered questions, so many things that are strange about this case.

Here is my first forum post, and bump for Heidi.

Google Justin Barber. He shot himself three times I think and his wife was murdered on a beach in Florida. He has been sentenced to death.

I was just trying to remember that guy's name! He downloaded the Guns and Roses song "I used to love her but had to kill her" the night he killed her. I believe it was on their anniversary. Words escape me for this guy.

Hi, I am new to this community and I too have been interested in how this has played out. My family used to live near the Firkus family. I feel so sad that Heidi is gone and that there are so many unanswered questions, so many things that are strange about this case.

Here is my first forum post, and bump for Heidi.

:seeya: Welcome Kitty Cat!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back