MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can the community keep it so quiet and sweep this under the rug? Kids are going missing, being molested, committing suicide? Because of the shame and embarassment that normally comes along with sexual abuse, the shock and hurt of it being a priest who is supposed to be revered and holy and because it may have been going on inside a group of men in the community who are in government or law enforcement. We can't keep it silent anymore to allow it to continue.

jbrown -

Maybe because it's not their children who were abused, abducted or committed suicide. That is one selfish and self-centered attitude, IMO.

They just went more "underground," IMO, both literally and figuratively.

If Jerry was "friends" with the pedophile priest, it was because Jerry was involved with the unity of all religions and races. He reached out to all people in friendship. Jerry was the head of the NAACP in the St. cloud area and was friends with many Native Americans as well across the state.

The Wetterling family is a remarkable family.

They could just be talking about that Father Tom from the parish. He was friends with both Wetterlings and went there after jacob was abducted to "counsel" them. He is also on restriction at St. John's for being an admitted pedophile. (He's the one who put his hands down some 10 year old boy's pants among other things.)

I found an article from 2002 about St Joseph priests. Here is an excerpt:

Catholics around the country learned new things about their communities when clergy sex abuse cases received fresh attention this spring. One small parish in central Minnesota discovered that in one 30-year span, three of its clergy turned out to have records of sexual abuse. All three had come to them from nearby St. John's Abbey. Today the men live at the abbey, where they are stripped of their priestly duties and restricted in their daily routines. No new victims of sexual abuse have come forward in St. Joseph, but the case raises new questions about the safety of parish children during those years.

3 priests accused of molestation in 30 years. At least 4 young male suicides from the town that I am aware of.

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/200207/10_horwichj_stjoes-m/

Excellent article. I call B*S on the St. John's spokesman's comment: "It was just one of those glitches that the meeting wasn't called in 1996 when Father Thomas was removed," Skudlarek said. "There was never any plan made not to do it, saying, 'Well since this happened so many years before it might just create more anxiety.' It was simply an oversight, an honest mistake."

IMO, it was hardly an honest mistake or oversight. More like their typical cover up. Also, those priests who are on supposed "restriction" are seen all over St. Cloud, at malls, etc. They are also not supposed to have any internet access, yet Fr. Brennan had his own facebook page up as recently as last summer. (I haven't checked to see if it's still up.) So no one is really restricting them from anything.

Ok, I checked and it's still up on fb. I don't think I can link directly, but his name is Brennan Maiers.

this portion of the article is mind blowing. It's about the priests on "restriction".

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/200206/20_horwichj_restrictions-m/index.shtml

The one that they interviewed appears to have no shame or remorse. Yet he can do what he wants, pretty much.

How has the church gotten away with letting these pedophiles roam freely with no remorse?

"He says the life is comfortable. He enjoys the support of his brothers, saying there is no social segregation in the monastery among offenders and non-offenders. Those on restriction are something like family members who have made a mistake.

"They pat me on the back and say, 'We're praying for you,'" he said. "We're supportive of each other."

Well, isn't that special? Gag. These guys should all be in prison like any civilian would be, IMO.

I think if you are interested, you could call the bail bond person and ask her. I don't know what else can be done to find out.

I just requested to friend BM on facebook. let's see what happens. Some restriction.

This is just something to consider, not that I believe it is what happened. Jacob could have been kept locally, somewhere else in the country, or anywhere in the world, IMO.

I found this article (listed below) about the pedophile rings in Europe. When the PI was dispatched to Amsterdam and wasn't able to return with a lead, it might not mean that Jacob wasn't there, it just might mean that he was taken away from there quickly; may have been a transfer point (IMO).

One of the theories surrounding the Johnny Gosch kidnapping is that there were people called "finders" who travelled around the U.S. and elsewhere locating boys who matched the specific physical appearance of a pedophile's order and abducted them. BTW, if you haven't already, you may want to go to the Johnny Gosch website where you will see some photos that were left on his mom's doorstep of boys bound and gagged. His mom believes one of those chidren in the photo is Johnny. Be prepared to be sickened.

(Could this also have been what happened to Jacob?)

Reason I'm listing this portion of the article, is that something caught my eye in the text relating to the age of the children.

The abductor asked the 3 boys what their ages were and looked at them, during the Jacob Wetterling abduction. Jacob and Aaron were 11, Trevor 9, as I recall.

(I bolded a part of the text.)

http://www.eurekaencyclopedia.com/i...pean_Pedophilia#Portuguese_Pedophilia_Scandal

Sintra network Pedophile network uncovered in Portugal occurred in 2000, when several men, aged 50 and over and all foreigners (predominantly British), were arrested for holding up to fifty 12-year old boys at a villa in Sintra for their pleasure. The boys were often taken to the Algarve for holidays, where they would usually stay at a rented villas or luxury hotels. Despite the magnitude of the events surrounding the story, few publications ran with the story.
--------------------

Granted this was in 2000; however, for how many years did this go on? And why, specifically 12-year old boys?

Interesting.

This is just something to consider, not that I believe it is what happened. Jacob could have been kept locally, somewhere else in the country, or anywhere in the world, IMO.

I found this article (listed below) about the pedophile rings in Europe. When the PI was dispatched to Amsterdam and wasn't able to return with a lead, it might not mean that Jacob wasn't there, it just might mean that he was taken away from there quickly; may have been a transfer point (IMO).

One of the theories surrounding the Johnny Gosch kidnapping is that there were people called "finders" who travelled around the U.S. and elsewhere locating boys who matched the specific physical appearance of a pedophile's order and abducted them. BTW, if you haven't already, you may want to go to the Johnny Gosch website where you will see some photos that were left on his mom's doorstep of boys bound and gagged. His mom believes one of those chidren in the photo is Johnny. Be prepared to be sickened.

(Could this also have been what happened to Jacob?)

Reason I'm listing this portion of the article, is that something caught my eye in the text relating to the age of the children.

The abductor asked the 3 boys what their ages were and looked at them, during the Jacob Wetterling abduction. Jacob and Aaron were 11, Trevor 9, as I recall.

(I bolded a part of the text.)

http://www.eurekaencyclopedia.com/i...pean_Pedophilia#Portuguese_Pedophilia_Scandal

Sintra network Pedophile network uncovered in Portugal occurred in 2000, when several men, aged 50 and over and all foreigners (predominantly British), were arrested for holding up to fifty 12-year old boys at a villa in Sintra for their pleasure. The boys were often taken to the Algarve for holidays, where they would usually stay at a rented villas or luxury hotels. Despite the magnitude of the events surrounding the story, few publications ran with the story.
--------------------

Granted this was in 2000; however, for how many years did this go on? And why, specifically 12-year old boys?

Interesting.

I have tended to believe for a long time that this is what happened to Jacob. I have followed the Johnny Gosch case, and his mother's website, and think it makes a lot of sense. But also, because of the question the abductor asked regarding the kids ages. That is a targeted question, that I don't think would have been asked by a random pedophile who had an opportunity. But in light of all the other info regarding practiced pedophiles in the area, and the Abbey, it could have been any of them. Whether that means that Jacob was used and then moved on to one of the pedophile rings or not, who knows. It seems that even the pedophile rings, use someone locally to help target/abduct the victim, so there still are answers to be gained in St Joseph.

The scary thought is, if the Cold Springs abduction and Jacob's abduction were done by the same man, how come the Cold Springs kid was released but Jacob wasn't. Makes me wonder if the two cases are even related no matter the similiarites.
They could be if it was a practice run.

this portion of the article is mind blowing. It's about the priests on "restriction".

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/200206/20_horwichj_restrictions-m/index.shtml

The one that they interviewed appears to have no shame or remorse. Yet he can do what he wants, pretty much.

How has the church gotten away with letting these pedophiles roam freely with no remorse?
I guess I don't understand why they don't have to face criminal charges and stand trial, and go to prison like everyone else. Can you imagine if we allowed
criminals to live amongst us, their only consequence -that we know what they did, and accept their "sins"??? Pretty crazy thought.
These men should be in prison!

I don't know what DR was up to that night, but I sure don't believe it was sleeping. Like I said before his story changes way too much.
Did you see the long video interview with him on KSTP?
He definitely is a strange one. On one hand he looks the interviewer in the eye,
and answers pretty directly. But he laughs too often for something so serious, and his mannerisms are very strange. It leaves you wondering what he is capable of, and what does he know that he is not saying. http://kstp.com/article/stories/S1767412.shtml?cat=0?video=YHI&t=a

Makes you wonder how many men who lived in the area were sexually abused as children or teenagers, and how that manifested itself in their lives.

From what I've read, I think the Australian government removed the Statute of Limitations and has convicted and incarcerated more pedophile priests than in any other country. Correct me if I read this wrong.

Trying to understand why we still have a Statute of Limitations in the U.S.

I have tended to believe for a long time that this is what happened to Jacob. I have followed the Johnny Gosch case, and his mother's website, and think it makes a lot of sense. But also, because of the question the abductor asked regarding the kids ages. That is a targeted question, that I don't think would have been asked by a random pedophile who had an opportunity. But in light of all the other info regarding practiced pedophiles in the area, and the Abbey, it could have been any of them. Whether that means that Jacob was used and then moved on to one of the pedophile rings or not, who knows. It seems that even the pedophile rings, use someone locally to help target/abduct the victim, so there still are answers to be gained in St Joseph.

It seems like there would be a large number of locations throughout the world where children could be trafficked or moved fairly easily, especially back when Jacob was abducted. The general population was totally clueless and/or in denial that this could possibly happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen