GUILTY MN - Laura Schwendemann, 18, Kensington, 14 Oct 2015

I was trying to walk GoogleGuy around some of the areas and it's a challenge b/c so few of the roads (at least where I started) are able to be walked, and most of the houses that are there are off of dirt roads or non-public roads and so you can't get close enough to see much.

And as I'm walking him where I can, I keep thinking the statue would surely be something everyone would remember if it were on a main street like is walkable on Google, which makes me think my attempt at even looking at this one area is a waste, but...gonna keep trying I suppose.

Anyone else trying to look? If so, are you having the same issue?

Someone with the initials TS in the facebook comments section of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office mentioned a statue in front of Douglas Machine. Did you see that comment?

ETA: Sorry, to clarify - they said there's a house near Douglas Machine that has a statue like that in front of it.

1925 douglas county 46, alexandria, mn

?? not a blue house, though.

Someone with the initials TS in the facebook comments section of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office mentioned a statue in front of Douglas Machine. Did you see that comment?

ETA: Sorry, to clarify - they said there's a house near Douglas Machine that has a statue like that in front of it.

I was trying to walk GoogleGuy around some of the areas and it's a challenge b/c so few of the roads (at least where I started) are able to be walked, and most of the houses that are there are off of dirt roads or non-public roads and so you can't get close enough to see much.

And as I'm walking him where I can, I keep thinking the statue would surely be something everyone would remember if it were on a main street like is walkable on Google, which makes me think my attempt at even looking at this one area is a waste, but...gonna keep trying I suppose.

Anyone else trying to look? If so, are you having the same issue?

Yes I have been looking too on Google, but I wish they could at least give us a hint of the house..like I said in my post above. I give up and then try again.

Oh I was looking around there on Google and couldn't find a statue.

** edit to say:

I found a statue around there, right around Country road 82 SE, but it's a stone monument and doesn't have clothes or a hat.

There certainly isn't much to go on, is there?

All we know is that she was last seen at the Holiday Gas Station on 50th Avenue in Alexandria at approximately 9:29 PM on 10/14/15. (according to the post on Oct 17 at 9:31am https://www.facebook.com/douglascountymnsheriff?fref=ts)

We are left to wonder:
Who saw her?
Person? Video at the station?
Did she drive there herself in her vehicle?
Was she dropped off there?
Did she arrive on foot?
What was she wearing?
Did she purchase something at the store there (if there is one)? Gas, food, cigarettes??
Did she leave via her own vehicle?
Did she get picked up by someone?
Did she talk with anyone?
Was she alone?
Did she leave the area on foot?
Why are we looking for this statue?
Did she send a selfie?
Did someone else send a message and are holding her?
They've said nothing about her phone. (unless I missed that.) Has it been off? If so, since when?

This is weird to have basically no info at all. Are they suspecting that she just took off, either on her own or with a "friend?"
She does seem full of angst on her social media, but many teens are. My concern is her just getting out of "treatment" and what that could add to the situation. Every parent's nightmare to have their child missing. I just wish we had more info to go on.

Maybe she posted a selfie on one of her sm accounts with the house/statue visible??

A snapchat?! That's why there is no actual photo. Snapchat deletes in 3(?) seconds after opening.

Maybe she posted a selfie on one of her sm accounts with the house/statue visible??

A snapchat?! That's why there is no actual photo. Snapchat deletes in 3(?) seconds after opening.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Which would explain the not so definitive description of the house and statue. If someone was sent a pic via snapchat, they may have a vague recollection of the statue and the house.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Which would explain the not so definitive description of the house and statue. If someone was sent a pic via snapchat, they may have a vague recollection of the statue and the house.

Yeah, well...ya know...we kinda' think alike. :blushing:

THAT's an interesting thought (SC)!

But I think it's 24 hours - or at least my (only very recent and limited) experience with it was.

It's only a 10 second still image or video, for those who don't know it.

There is a way to save them but the person knows exactly who saves it (unless you film one from another device) otherwise they're gone.

Mom, that really, really seems like a plausible reason, because perhaps they didn't realize it was something they needed to pay that close attention to at that point and couldn't see it again.

E
THAT's an interesting thought (SC)!

But I think it's 24 hours - or at least my (only very recent and limited) experience with it was.

It's only a 10 second still image or video, for those who don't know it.

There is a way to save them but the person knows exactly who saves it (unless you film one from another device) otherwise they're gone.

Mom, that really, really seems like a plausible reason, because perhaps they didn't realize it was something they needed to pay that close attention to at that point and couldn't see it again.

My stills are only up for 3-4 seconds. Then POOF! The videos, about 10 seconds.
I know my kids take screen shots of some, but like you said, why would you unless you thought it was important at the moment?

I really think this is where the blue house/statue info came from.

E

My stills are only up for 3-4 seconds. Then POOF! The videos, about 10 seconds.
I know my kids take screen shots of some, but like you said, why would you unless you thought it was important at the moment?

I really think this is where the blue house/statue info came from.

Oh maybe it's b/c I view them in 'stories'? I don't know! LOL.

But SC definitely makes sense!

This is an odd one for sure!

Oh maybe it's b/c I view them in 'stories'? I don't know! LOL.

But SC definitely makes sense!

This is an odd one for sure!

Yes! Stories stay up 1-3 days depending on settings. My son is the snapchat king and has been "featured" in various night spots' "stories". Did you know that some bars/night clubs have their own snapchats? I didn't.

Help sought in finding college student last seen in Alexandria
"She is from Starbuck and she is a student from University of Minnesota Morris, which is 40 miles southwest of Alexandria according to her Facebook Page.....

.....This location (of the house) is only being sought as a general area where Schwendemann may have been observed, according to authorities."

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/...-finding-college-student-last-seen-alexandria

Laura tweeted the following on September 23 and 28. Does anyone have an interpretation to what she meant?

"Skinny rich girls always askin where the yea at"

https://twitter.com/LaSchwendemann

Song/rap lyric - Far Alone (G-Eazy)

http://genius.com/2461818

"yea" = cocaine

(Edited to add: am I the only person on here who "drove" up and down the streets of Alexandria using google maps street view looking for blue houses with a statue? It struck me that I may need to take a break from WS, LOL)

"yea" = cocaine

(Edited to add: am I the only person on here who "drove" up and down the streets of Alexandria using google maps street view looking for blue houses with a statue? It struck me that I may need to take a break from WS, LOL)

Bless you for your efforts, Unsolved....I have taken breaks from WS before, but something always brings me back again.

"yea" = cocaine

:seeya: No, you're not the only one. :facepalm: I gave it a shot, but after 15-20 minutes I had to admit it was hopeless.

"yea" = cocaine

I've taken a few ways but without a more specific area I keep getting lost!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back