MN MN - LeeAnna Warner, 5, Chisholm, 14 June 2003

Heales said the search for Leanna is targeting remote campgrounds north of Chisholm.

"These are some areas we couldn't get to last year," Heales said. "We looked at the most likely routes out of town to a remote area, and everything pointed north to us.

"These are isolated campgrounds. ... If you think about where Dylan (an Idaho boy Duncan is accused of abducting and killing) was found, these are similar areas."

Adams, who also helped in the searches for Sjodin and Dalquist, brought along bloodhounds Molly and Rusty. "Each of them is as good as having 25 people out there," Heales said.

Heales said the searcher had not called for the public's help, in part "because we don't want to wear them out. We may get a lead and then we'd need to call on them."

A key objective in renewing the search "is to get Leanna's picture out there again," he said.

"She could be out there somewhere, alive," he said. "People need to recognize Beaner when she walks into a Denny's restaurant with somebody."
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S9431.html?cat=1

Unfortunately, I believe this has become another Jacob Wetterling case. I have heard nothing.

She was a little cupie doll, wasn't she. I remember when Rocky sensed that if she wasn't found soon her light would go out.

We thought there was someone going through town who had come to that blues festival, remember, and had taken her to one of those old vacant buildings.

Where are you Beaner?

Scandi

Steve Huff revisits the Leanne Beaner case.
http://huffcrimeblog.com/

Taking a second look at Joseph Duncan.... I for one was not satisfied with the little information we got about his alibi that day.

Have a look...

gine said:
In this thread at the beginning, it was mentioned that Beaner had been at the "lake" that day with her family. Knowing now that Duncan stalked and spied on the Groene family, what would the chance be that he saw Beaner at the lake, followed them home, found where they lived, set up surveillance and picked her up when opportunity allowed. Just a thought that popped in my mind when I read the previous thread that they had been at the lake that day.

I don't think she was at the lake with her family. They think they found her footprint near the lake which was near their home. I believe that bloodhounds picked up her scent there also. I believe it was said by her parents that she would go there sometimes to ride her bike.

They attempted to drain half of the lake but it got too cold before they could finish the attempt. They did search exposed shoreline when the lake was partially drained and found nothing.

Beaner would now be 8 years old and of course look older than her missing posters.

Maybe So said:
I don't think she was at the lake with her family.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0306/23/ltm.09.html

KAGAN: Kaelin, let me bring you in here. Take to us the day of June 14 and the last time someone saw Leanna.

KAELIN WARNER, LEANNA'S MOTHER: She had a wonderful day at the lake, playing, laughing. Just energetic, as she always is. And we came home and she was tired but the wanted to go see her friend real quick, just like she does everyday. And that was the last time we saw her in this nightmare began.

Hammerized said:

ah, I didn't remember that part.

If she was at the lake with her family then I am not sure why they found it significant that a footprint was found there or that bloodhounds scented her there. Seems like footprints and scent would be explained by them spending the day there???

Do you know was the lake she went to with her family that day the same lake as the lake that is right near their house where they found the footprint?

I wonder if she could have had such a good time at the lake that she decided to go back on her own and look for friends and ran into someone else instead?

On the news last night I heard of a man in Minnesota who was caught having conversations on the internet about young girls and boys. He mentioned knowing a location where he felt he could hide bodies.

They don't know if he actually was doing anything or if he was just posting fantasies.

He bragged that he thought he could get access to at least 6 young girls.

I don't know how "young" these children were (teens or small children).

He was communicating this information to another person in another state.

I can't seem to find anything, anywhere online about this guys arrest. It was on our local news last night. They said he was released on $30,000. bond.

Hope they take a good look at him in the Warner and Wetterling cases.

Newman’s next court appearance is scheduled for March 17.

any recent updates on this guy?

I'm curious did any news people ever ask the candidate running for congress in Minnesota (proclaiming he is a Satan Worshipper) if he knew where little beaner is?

Beaner. She definately had a light beaming from her. She reminded me so much of Samantha. God bless every little girl and boy who has been taken away from us all like this. I hope what these predators do haunts them every day of rest of their lives, although somehow I don't think they even care.

Scandi

Mom who cares said:
Bump

Happy Easter Peanut, wherever you are!

I'm bumping this thread, it will soon be the 3 year anniversary of the dreadful day this sweet angel apparently vanished into thin air. Three years. How sad.

Juliana said:
This case really upsets me. I hate that when I do a Google News search on Leanna's name, I come up with nothing. What happened to Leanna?

http://findbeaner.org/

It's almost three years, and still no news of this precious child. How sad.

Here's a cut & paste from a different thread about little Beaner:

Leanna Warner

Nickname: Beaner
Date Missing: 6/14/03
Missing From: Chisholm, MN
DOB: 1/21/98
Age at Disappearance: 5 years
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 3'
Weight: 50 lbs.
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Brown, short bob.
Last Seen Wearing: A blue sleeveless denim dress and barefoot.
Other: Leanna has a wart on her left ankle and a dimple on her left shoulder.

Circumstances: Leanna was last seen at her home in Chisholm, Minnesota at 5 p.m. on June 14, 2003. She was going to walk to a friends house around the block from her home and has not been seen or heard from since. LEANNA IS CONSIDERED TO BE ENDANGERED. Leanna's website A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction in the abduction of Leanna Warner. Leanna's photo is shown age-progressed to 7 years by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

If you have information concerning this case, please contact:
Chisholm Police Department (218) 749-6010
or The Polly Klaas® Foundation (800) 587-4357

http://www.findbeaner.org/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members