MN - Morgan Evenson, 27, survives brutal knife attack, Minneapolis, 13 Dec 2017

This thread isn’t about race.... let’s keep it that way.

But unfortunately it is - she reported him as being Somalian, and human is saying, but what if he wasn't? He could have easily been Ethiopian. That information has a lot of implications in how the case is handled, whether they can catch him, what circles they should question or investigate, what his motivation was and so on. The media is already positioning him as a migrant which just stokes the fire. Last year there were two high profile deaths of women perpetrated by Somalians so this could easily be a racial issue. There are more cases summarized at the end of this article: http://www.wnd.com/2017/12/u-s-woman-stabbed-14-times-by-somali-migrant-media-go-dark/

But unfortunately it is - she reported him as being Somalian, and human is saying, but what if he wasn't? He could have easily been Ethiopian. That information has a lot of implications in how the case is handled, whether they can catch him, what circles they should question or investigate, what his motivation was and so on. The media is already positioning him as a migrant which just stokes the fire. Last year there were two high profile deaths of women perpetrated by Somalians so this could easily be a racial issue. There are more cases summarized at the end of this article: http://www.wnd.com/2017/12/u-s-woman-stabbed-14-times-by-somali-migrant-media-go-dark/

I am very serious about this. How would she know he was Somalian? He had an accent? Was she talkkng with him? Analyzing his accent as she is so familiar with all of the different accents of the different possilbe people who could come from Latin America, Africa, South America ?

He could be Somali or he could be something totally different. Somali is a word that gets people all riled up with their prejudices going.

There are plenty of crimes in Minneapois. Is it still called Murderapolis?

Maybe this is the reason why this hasn’t been front and center in the media. The attacker was described as Somalian. I don’t think the media made up that description. That description came from LE, which would have come from either the victim or a witness. No disrespect, but I’m so tired of people getting butt hurt and offended so easily. If the attacker was described as green nobody would be offended.

Getting back to the actual subject at hand, which is that any relevant description and NOTIFICATION of this attacker was intentionally (IMO) suppressed and withheld from the public, I'm hopeful that area residents will now demand some answers about how this very violent crime was handled. ME has moved to TN, and she wasn't murdered, so the actual outrage is somewhat more tamped down-- which I'm sure the new mayor and police chief are pretty happy about.

IMO, they're just waiting a few more days for all this to completely go away-- it'll all be forgotten in a few days or weeks. That's the reality of the "new" approach to policing these days because of the appalling actions of some violent destructive "activist" groups-- police and city administrators increasingly are practicing "strategic avoidance".

That should give every rational person pause.

Uptown residents aren't likely to riot in the streets and burn down their own homes and businesses to get attention, nor are they likely to blockade major interstates. Which I'm sure Mayor Frey and Chief Arradondo are pretty happy about.

But there IS a group that SHOULD be demanding attention from Chief Arradodo and newly minted Mayor Frey (sworn in Jan 2, after the attack occurred)-- and that is the Calhoun Area Residents Action Group, "CARAG". CARAG has a mission that they claim is about neighborhood safety and crime prevention.

https://carag.org/

Hopefully someone with some balls will organize this group and area residents to *demand* some public accounting from the mayor and chief as to how this horrendously violent attack was so mishandled by police, and apparently suppressed from ordinary media coverage.

Because a woman attacked at random and stabbed 14 times on a sidewalk at 8:30 pm walking home from work, is NOT something that happens routinely (or EVER) in the entire state of MN. That is what is important here. This DOES NOT HAPPEN even in some of the worst, crime ridden areas of the inner cities.

IMO, the VICTIM, Morgan Evenson, has been treated by police and the media as if she was doing something wrong, or somehow provoked this attack. The CRIMINAL ATTACKER is all but invisible in the entire coverage of this, his "privacy" virtuously "protected" so no one will "jump to any conclusions",or "paint a group with a broad brush".

The CRIMINAL ATTACKER has been SHIELDED from the public, not the VICTIM.

That should give any rational, reasonable person pause.

The fact is that EITHER this is a horrible, violent crime perpetrated for typical criminal reasons, or it was another radical islamic-inspired Somali stabbing attack with a remarkably similar set of circumstances as OTHER recent radical islamic-inspired Somali stabbings. (And there have been at least 4 in recent months.) Either way, the perp needs to be apprehended and brought to justice-- as well as ANYONE who harbors him or was involved (like the driver of the car).

There is no grand conspiracy in the media to suppress or "black out" reporting on anything, including this case. For any reason.

To imply or assert a conspiracy conveys a lack of knowledge and understanding of how independent media works and the constitutional right to a free press.

And the media is NOT talking about Morgan's case. One or two brief articles days ago is not "talking about it".

It was absurd in the extreme that weeks went by, 3 1/2, before a relevant description was released, and there was a pathetic, perfunctory "appeal" to the public from ONE media article with a phone number to call. Perfunctory. "See, we asked the public for help, and doggone it, we just couldn't seem to find him! Darn. Hope we have better luck next time."

There is no grand conspiracy in the media to suppress or "black out" reporting on anything, including this case. For any reason.

To imply or assert a conspiracy conveys a lack of knowledge and understanding of how independent media works and the constitutional right to a free press.

Point me to where the police chief, or any police rep, held a press conference about this.

It is an illogical (perhaps paranoid) "jump to conclusions" , to assume this case is an example of radical islamic terrorism.

Where is the evidence for that?

I am very serious about this. How would she know he was Somalian? He had an accent? Was she talkkng with him? Analyzing his accent as she is so familiar with all of the different accents of the different possilbe people who could come from Latin America, Africa, South America ?

He could be Somali or he could be something totally different. Somali is a word that gets people all riled up with their prejudices going.

There are plenty of crimes in Minneapois. Is it still called Murderapolis?

If the victim had described the attacker as caucasian, would you question her?

What if she had described him as:
Asian?
Native American?
Hispanic?
Black?
Mixed race?

And apparently he DID say something to her. I'd like to know exactly what he said. Wouldn't everyone?

If he said "give me your purse", that's relevant.
If he said "I'm gonna kill you", that's relevant.
If he said something in a language other than English, that's relevant.
If he laughed, or was angry, or stoic, that's relevant.
If he said "allahu akbar", that's relevant.

Whatever he said, and how he acted, it IS ALL relevant. And the public has a RIGHT to know.

Do the police hold press conferences on the different murders in Minnepolis?

I am very curious as to the idea that this was not in the paper. What are the papers in Minneapolis ? Does one need a subscription to read them?

If CARAG is not doing anything, they apparently feel it is not an issue, I guess.

OK, so you're saying the media's covered the case.

Some folks might be conflating superficial coverage with a broad media conspiracy to suppress information, imho.

I don't believe there's much to report, and that's not the fault of the press.

MOO, etc.

And the media is NOT talking about Morgan's case. One or two brief articles days ago is not "talking about it".

It was absurd in the extreme that weeks went by, 3 1/2, before a relevant description was released, and there was a pathetic, perfunctory "appeal" to the public from ONE media article with a phone number to call. Perfunctory. "See, we asked the public for help, and doggone it, we just couldn't seem to find him! Darn. Hope we have better luck next time."

Independent media? Really?

I agree with you about this case. But you really think MSM is "independent"?

It is an illogical (perhaps paranoid) "jump to conclusions" , to assume this case is an example of radical islamic terrorism.

Where is the evidence for that?

I didn't say it was, or it isn't. We simply have NO information to make ANY conclusions. Except that strangely, the circumstances DO bear striking similarity to other unprovoked stabbings recently perpetrated by somali attackers. It's disingenuous to pretend that isn't true.

LE certainly knows the approximate size and length of the knife or blade used, from the medical forensics. Why hasn't that been released?

Independent media? Really?

I agree with you about this case. But you really think MSM is "independent"?

Yes, by definition. It isn't alternative media, and it isn't state-run media.

If the victim had described the attacker as caucasian, would you question her?

What if she had described him as:
Asian?
Native American?
Hispanic?
Black?
Mixed race?

And apparently he DID say something to her. I'd like to know exactly what he said. Wouldn't everyone?

If he said "give me your purse", that's relevant.
If he said "I'm gonna kill you", that's relevant.
If he said something in a language other than English, that's relevant.
If he laughed, or was angry, or stoic, that's relevant.
If he said "allahu akbar", that's relevant.

Whatever he said, and how he acted, it IS ALL relevant. And the public has a RIGHT to know.

Caucasian covers a lot. Somalian is very very specific. Unless one has lots of experience with different peoples, not sure how anyone could know.

I live in a country now where there are a lot of tourists. People always think I am from Canada because of my accent. I do not think I have an acccent, but I must. I am from Minnesota.

I met a woman yesterday who spoke perfect English. She was from Mexico City. She was half German and half Mexican. She also spoke German and Soanish. Maybe other languages.

Because of her English, I figured she was American.

French, Swiss, Portuguese. Beats the heck out of me. Australian or New Zealand. I always get mixed up on those accents.

No, I do not for one minute believe most people can guess where someone is from.

OK, so you're saying the media's covered the case.

Some folks might be conflating superficial coverage with a broad media conspiracy to suppress information, imho.

I don't believe there's much to report, and that's not the fault of the press.

MOO, etc.

The press is all too happy to ignore the story, IMO.

The press picks and chooses what they will cover, how they will cherry pick details when they cover it, what euphemisms they will use, heavily influenced by politics, the clamor of the public, and their organization's political leanings.

The media is NOT independent, and hasn't been for a very, very long time. And the "mainstream" media in Minneapolis is very, very far to the left. That's a pretty open secret.

You know, I'm sure, that police departments don't have press conferences for every murder that happens within their jurisdiction, especially in cities as large as this one. I dare say police-led press conferences about crimes they're investigating are the exception, not the norm.

Point me to where the police chief, or any police rep, held a press conference about this.

I didn't say it was, or it isn't. We simply have NO information to make ANY conclusions. Except that strangely, the circumstances DO bear striking similarity to other unprovoked stabbings recently perpetrated by somali attackers. It's disingenuous to pretend that isn't true.

LE certainly knows the approximate size and length of the knife or blade used, from the medical forensics. Why hasn't that been released?

I'm just not so sure there are protocols for when those types of details are released. Each case is unique and LE use different investigative tactics as to what is released to the media.

So you are saying MSM and LE are in cahoots on this conspiracy?

You're certainly welcome to your opinion, K_Z, and I don't disagree with some of your points. None of them, however, prove a broad media conspiracy, in my opinion. On that, I respectfully agree to disagree.

The press is all too happy to ignore the story, IMO.

The press picks and chooses what they will cover, how they will cherry pick details when they cover it, what euphemisms they will use, heavily influenced by politics, the clamor of the public, and their organization's political leanings.

The media is NOT independent, and hasn't been for a very, very long time. And the "mainstream" media in Minneapolis is very, very far to the left. That's a pretty open secret.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back