MO - Ashley Geddes, 24, brutally murdered, Kansas City, 1 June 2017 *Arrest*

A friend shared some of the service on FB and I can honestly say it was very moving. I also learned that she was to start a new job in finance. She had a full life ahead of her and would have been a wonderful mother if given the chance.
So who wanted to brutalize and kill her? Could this have been a chance home burglary where she woke up during the process? Was the window the murderer came through on the 2nd level or was her bedroom on the 1st level?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I have wondered the same. She had only lived there a few months. Corner lot, so I wonder if someone was looking for prior person. She was robbed and her car was stolen. Not located yet.

I have wondered the same. She had only lived there a few months. Corner lot, so I wonder if someone was looking for prior person. She was robbed and her car was stolen. Not located yet.
When looking at the flyer, it appears the townhouse is 2 stories. But maybe the MB was on the 1st floor.

The article says she was discovered the next day at 12:55 p.m. I don't recall who checked up on her and why.

Her mom. Her birthday was coming up and they talked daily about the birthday. Her mom started posted on FB asking if anyone had heard from her to have her call her mom. Her mom left to go see what was going on. She found her.

Her mom. Her birthday was coming up and they talked daily about the birthday. Her mom started posted on FB asking if anyone had heard from her to have her call her mom. Her mom left to go see what was going on. She found her.
Do you know where her bedroom is located? Do you know what was taken other than the car?

No, and I will reach out and ask but her mom is having a hard time processing her death, this was her only child and they were close. The only thing I know is that the person came in a back window, murdered her, robbed her and stole her car. This was not far from I 70 which runs to St Louis one way or Lawrence and beyond the other way. It connects to roads that would take you north to Nebraska or South to Arkansas. I wonder with the taking of the car if there was not a second person nearby or was this just a crime of opportunity. Her car has not been spotted at any salvage shops and I have not heard of any cars being pulled from the kansas river.

There is a RISS lake not far from her house, not sure how deep it is. But if the perp was going to steal a pretty nice car, I would think that they would want money for it. Strip it or turn it for drugs. Once you get on I 70 and head toward kansas city, that part of town gets sketchy. Parts of downtown area has been revitalized with loft apartments and so forth but still ,there are homeless shelters around the corner and prostitutes/druggies on corners. Troost, Paceo, just a couple of street names that i would not want to drive in broad daylight.

No, and I will reach out and ask but her mom is having a hard time processing her death, this was her only child and they were close. The only thing I know is that the person came in a back window, murdered her, robbed her and stole her car. This was not far from I 70 which runs to St Louis one way or Lawrence and beyond the other way. It connects to roads that would take you north to Nebraska or South to Arkansas. I wonder with the taking of the car if there was not a second person nearby or was this just a crime of opportunity. Her car has not been spotted at any salvage shops and I have not heard of any cars being pulled from the kansas river.
Well, if the perp didn't know her personally, it would make sense they he watched her. Why break
in to a townhouse when you don't know who and how many people
are inside?

Was her car in the garage?

Did the perp get in by means of burglary tools? Is this area known for break ins? I know they haven't said how she was killed but did the perp bring his own instrument or was it from her house?

I wonder if she was asleep when this happened? Was the reason the perp went after her was because she surprised him/her? Was furniture turned over? In other words, did there appear to be a fight?

Did the perp take things that a burglar would normally take?

I am surprised a bit about the car
being taken but as you said, it sounds like a getaway was fairly easy going E or W, N or S.

Perhaps the perp knew it would be awhile before she was discovered.
Say he got a 12 hour start. If the perp did go somewhere far, he'd have to stop for gas. I wonder if cameras off the highways have been checked. He could have gotten far in either direction but only if he knew she wouldn't be discovered for awhile. I wouldn't chance having that auto out on the road past daybreak.

But, if it was someone local, it is very possible the car made it to a chop shop somewhere nearby. Why dump it in a lake if you've gone to the trouble of taking it.

So, how did the perp get to the townhouse? Did someone drive him there or was he from the neighborhood where he watched and waited. I would think there would have to be help in the way of a get away car.

If that is the case, how did they communicate? Is there any way to narrow down phone numbers by
whatever it is the NYC police are known to use? It would be interesting to see what #s were in use that evening/night/early a.m.
I would think they can narrow down her time of death, therefore knowing the time phones would have been used.

When did she get home that evening?

So many questions. Hope they've found answers. But with a scene as brutal as they said it was, certainly the murderer would have left DNA.
Maybe they've already made a hit and are waiting for further evidence to be collected before arresting him/her. This arrest needs to be a good one and not unravel because of sloppy work.

YEAH!!! They caught the guy!!! I am trying to link story right now. Her jewelry was traced to a pawn shop. It was her neighbor, he has been charged with murder, sodomy and burglary. Not sure if allowed to post his name until I have the link. They are having a news conference right now and will update everything at 12:30 CST!!!

YEAH!!! They caught the guy!!! I am trying to link story right now. Her jewelry was traced to a pawn shop. It was her neighbor, he has been charged with murder, sodomy and burglary. Not sure if allowed to post his name until I have the link. They are having a news conference right now and will update everything at 12:30 CST!!!
That's great they caught him! anxiously awaiting the msm story so we can get Arrest added to the title!

Her mom was so strong.

Flanked by the tearful mother of murder victim Ashley Geddes, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker announced first-degree murder charges in the death of the 24-year-old woman.

“No mother should have found her daughter in the matter that I found my daughter,” Stacy Gicante said.

In addition to murder, prosecutors charged Cedric O. Russell, 25, with sodomy or attempted sodomy, first-degree burglary, stealing, tampering with motor vehicle, tampering with physical evidence.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article156957179.html#storylink=cpy

Thank you guys so much. I have been a member since 2013 and never would have suspected that i would know someone so close to be added here. I am glad he has been caught and hope that justice is served so that Stacy can get some sort of closure and find peace.

He actually spoke to the mother on the day that Ashley was found. What nerve!!

Update as this is the day that Ashley was murdered. He has a pre trial set for 8/10/18 and jury trial is set for 09/10/18
Hope justice prevails in a senseless killing of my friends daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back