MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are all after the fact. I was referring to the statement AB reportedly said to a friend prior to this murder, as that was what you were likening to this 16 year old girls comment. Do you have that?

Are you telling me that if a friend of yours made statements like that, and you knew they had some issures, you would just laugh it off and let it go? Thank god we are not friends

Let me ask you this....If you had a friend that you know had some mental issues and they were talking about wanting to know what it was like to kill someone you don't feel that your friend might need some help? If not I am glad you are not my friend

I'd obviously get them some help. I think that's been my point the entire time: this girl needs help, not to be harassed on the internet. AB needed help, more than she got. Calling names and harassing these people is not the answer.

Sure, the media through which you are saying it can remove things based on TOS. However, whether you can be punished by your speech on the internet is within the realm of the first amendment.

I was responding to the people saying that it can't be removed due to the right to free speech. It could be removed by the owners of YouTube. That's where I was going with that.

This is rude and harassing. I don't demean you for your profession, I'd appreciate if you didn't demean me for mine. Thanks.

I did not intend for you to take it that way. I was just making a point that depending on the side of the fence you are on depends on what color you see.

Are you telling me that if a friend of yours made statements like that, and you knew they had some issures, you would just laugh it off and let it go? Thank god we are not friends

Could you please point to a statement I made where I said that I would "laugh off" disturbing comments from someone I knew or thought was mentally ill? Please don't put words in my mouth.

(respectfully snipped)

The system failed her might not be a legal defense but guess what her attorney Mr. Valentine made the statement in court November 18, 2009!

Because an attorney said it doesn't mean it was a legal defense. I think AB's case is a good example of "the system" failing someone.

I did not intend for you to take it that way. I was just making a point that depending on the side of the fence you are on depends on what color you see.

You may not like what I do, but if god forbid you or someone you knew needed me, I'd be there.

I reported it.

Did you even watch it. It is not a tribute, the girl wants her tried as an adult and locked up. She is simply pleading for people to reserve judgement until they know all the facts.

I find it sad that a 16 year old has to be the one to remind full grown adults to reserve judgment before they know all the facts. This girl appears to understand how our court system works more so than most of the adults on there bullying her around.

But you go ahead and report it if thats what you feel you need to do.

I'd obviously get them some help. I think that's been my point the entire time: this girl needs help, not to be harassed on the internet. AB needed help, more than she got. Calling names and harassing these people is not the answer.

She had been getting help for several years. Have you ever had to deal with or work with someone with a mental illness? I have and there are times it is Hell. I had a s/d with RAD. If she wanted you to think she was miss america you would. Trust me she outsmarted some mental health workers for a while until she couldn't hold it any longer.

Did you even watch it. It is not a tribute, the girl wants her tried as an adult and locked up. She is simply pleading for people to reserve judgement until they know all the facts.

I find it sad that a 16 year old has to be the one to remind full grown adults to reserve judgment before they know all the facts. This girl appears to understand how our court system works more so than most of the adults on there bullying her around.

does it matter it was her FOS to report it!

She had been getting help for several years. Have you ever had to deal with or work with someone with a mental illness? I have and there are times it is Hell. I had a s/d with RAD. If she wanted you to think she was miss america you would. Trust me she outsmarted some mental health workers for a while until she couldn't hold it any longer.

I deal with mentally ill people in my job every single day.

Calling them names, bullying them and harassing them only servers to further lead them to believe that their own delusional view of the world is right since all the adults around them seem to be irresponsible and ireasonable what good would it do to change.

Perhaps if the adults would be more understanding, supportive, helpful and show more mercy and compassion these kids would understand that the world isnt the dark, bitter, jaded and cold place they believe it is.

This is the second time you disparaged me for my profession. You may not like what I do, but if god forbid you or someone you knew needed me, I'd be there.

Look I am not trying to put you down. Let me ask you this...If you go into court with a client do you believe in there innocense? If not I can't see how you can effectivly represent them. All I am saying is that you have to twist turn and use things creativly to win at times.

Trying to get help for a person who has expressed that they would like to kill someone to see what it is like is a good thing. Trying to stifle freedom of expression (even on youtube) is not. That young girl was clearly not saying Alyssa should go scot-free for her alleged crime, but she was defending her to those who were saying she should be put to death, fry, etc. She admitted she had some sort of disorder. I think she did identfy with
alyssa's dark side. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but I think it was her teenaged attempt to come to terms with whatever lies within her that is raw and painful. Also I think that she is probably enjoying all the attention this has brought to her and her site. I left her a msg asking her please not to give out her name and address to anyone online like she was offering to do to those who said that she needed help, but she deleted it immediately.

does it matter it was her FOS to report it!

Hey report all you want, I am simply not one to run to the authorties every time someone does or says something I dont agree with, I have better things to do with my time than stand at my kitchen window and make sure all my neighbors are living their lives in accord with my standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53