MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my thought as well because it has been happening a lot where I live. People get together and snort, what they think is cocaine, and end up with mass overdoses happening at the same time.
I'm just stating this as an aside, since the cause of these young men's deaths are undetermined: But in my area, families don't want the fentanyl cause of death released, so it's only known by rumour among those in their inner circle, and authorities just put out generic warnings.

So then, IMO people think only desperate street addicts are at risk from fentanyl. Occasional recreational users just don't seem realize how taking illegal drugs is truly playing russian roulette. And recreational drug use has been kept secret for so long, people don't realize how common it is among 'respectable' citizens.

JMO

Hypothermia? I know it was like -6 degrees (or something like that) in KC with a wind chill of -27 degrees. I read that sodas and beer were freezing immediately after they were opened.

I’m doubtful that these deaths are weather related, but I just thought I’d throw the idea out there.

Okay, when I first heard this story, I guessed it was in a rural area, or on a property where the resident had a high wooden fence. But it wasn't! And the three men were all well into their 30s. Didn't any of them have spouses and/or children, or jobs?

There are too many unanswered questions in this case.

The article is from a few days ago.

"Neighbors said a man rented the home on NW 83rd Terrace and Waukomis Drive about 6 months ago, now they’re trying to wrap their head around how something like this could happen."

and

"“I came out and asked if there is anything we should be concerned about, I saw them put police tape up and he said no, there were investigating a body found, that there were no concern to any neighbors,” said Zeigler."

Well, the DM is saying the homeowner says the men froze to death. Again, the article seems to be from a few days ago.

"Fox Kansas City, citing family members related to the person who lived in the home, said that the three men, who are referred to as 'friends,' froze to death."

and

"The neighbors said that the man who lived in his house was in late forties and that he has been renting it for the past six months. According to KMBC, the owner is from Denver."

Last edited:

"The family said he was outside in the snow for two days.

"You're grieving, but you're also mad, because you don't know all the circumstances," said Linda Johnson, Ricky's stepmother. "You've been hearing bits and pieces, and it isn't good that they had to wait in the cold and their bodies had to thaw out from the autopsy.""

And recreational drug use has been kept secret for so long, people don't realize how common it is among 'respectable' citizens.

Do people really think they can't overdose on drugs such as heroin and cocaine? Maybe the subconscious belief, "We are safe because we're together in a group" comes into play, though.

If this is what happened, isn't it interesting these three men all passed-away, but the resident of the home didn't? I'm glad he didn't, but what made the difference?
All IMO/JMO.

I just looked him up on Missouri CaseNet. He's got a criminal record as long as your arm.

Eta: Haven't looked through all of them but many seem to be traffic related (improper seatbelt, driving on a suspended license, etc.). Saw another one in re: to child support.

Do people really think they can't overdose on drugs such as heroin and cocaine? Maybe the subconscious belief, "We are safe because we're together in a group" comes into play, though.

If this is what happened, isn't it interesting these three men all passed-away, but the resident of the home didn't? I'm glad he didn't, but what made the difference?
All IMO/JMO.

Maybe because the resident of the home was inside (warm) vs. outside (freezing)?

Just a guess and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member