MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
The satellite view shows a driveway area to the right of the house. I'm not sure if there's actually a garage there or it's just a parking spot, but I suspect it's the latter. There's also likely a side door so you can enter the house without walking to the front or back.

View attachment 475112
There's a two car garage where the vehicles are parked. The window at the front of the home missing a screen that's propped up against the wall is a window into the garage. I don't know whether the image of the screen propped against the wall is a recent pic after the discovery of the bodies and it's where the girlfriend of one of the deceased entered the home. Based on the design of the home it looks like a side-split.

There's a two car garage where the vehicles are parked. The window at the front of the home missing a screen that's propped up against the wall is a window into the garage. I don't know whether the image of the screen propped against the wall is a recent pic after the discovery of the bodies and it's where the girlfriend of one of the deceased entered the home. Based on the design of the home it looks like a side-split.
Thanks. I looked at the zillow listing which mentions the garage, and edited my post accordingly.

I'm guessing it is a photo from after the victims were found. (It doesn't match the google photo, so I'm assuming a reporter &/or photographer went by the house.)

There's the screen on the ground at the garage window.

Also, it's interesting to note where there are so many tracks. It almost looks like a rut so I was wondering if that's where LE went/how they removed the bodies from the backyard? But, looking again at Google maps, it doesn't look like there's a gate on that side of the house. The gate looks to be a double-wide opening on the side where the garage is. I don't see an outside latch on the gate so I would assume the latch is on the inside. MOO.

1705424496312.png

Photo (with my mark-ups) from:

So I'm going to scratch everything I mentioned regarding hypothermia being a possible COD for the deceased because the game they went to watch was on January 7th not the 15th. That's my fault for not paying closer attention to dates of the discovery. The weather in KC on Jan 7 was hovering around 0C. Yes that's cold but without the snow and the wind chill factor those are temperatures that someone could survive even if not dressed for the weather as long as they were functioning. At least for a while. On the following day it rained in KC. I don't know whether those were isolated showers but it rained from about 8 am to 1 pm then turned to light snow around 2 pm continuing through the 9th when it got really cold. link:Past Weather in Kansas City, Kansas, USA — Yesterday or Further Back

So the whole issue of how they died becomes much more mysterious. Depending on how they arrived (in one vehicle or multiple or walked to the home) makes a big difference on the possibilities of COD. Carbon dioxide could be a factor if they were in a running car in the garage (which means the home renter was aware of their deaths). Drug overdose becomes very high on my list of possibilities now. The only thing to think about if OD was COD is why would the guy renting the home play dumb? And if he is playing dumb is it because he provided the drugs? I'd like to know when the pathologist performed the autopsy whether they noticed signs of decomposition even though they had to thaw out the bodies.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it is a photo from after the victims were found. (It doesn't match the google photo, so I'm assuming a reporter &/or photographer went by the house.)

There's the screen on the ground at the garage window.

Also, it's interesting to note where there are so many tracks. It almost looks like a rut so I was wondering if that's where LE went/how they removed the bodies from the backyard? But, looking again at Google maps, it doesn't look like there's a gate on that side of the house. The gate looks to be a double-wide opening on the side where the garage is. I don't see an outside latch on the gate so I would assume the latch is on the inside. MOO.

View attachment 475115

Photo (with my mark-ups) from:

Those are possibly footprints from LE, coroner, etc. after the bodies were found. But it makes me wonder whether some of those prints were made by the 3 deceased because it was easier to enter the home through the door at the side of the house (at least it looks like it could possibly be a door and not a window). Would they enter that way if on foot? Would they still enter that way if driving? Why not enter through the front door; it would be closer. There's another door into the back yard. If you go on Google street images for the road behind the house (4985 NW Barry Rd) and focus on the back yard you'll see there is a little porch out the back which I presume covers and entrance.

I do think this is plausible but IMO, the more suspicious part is the homeowner's behavior in the following 2 days. Friends of the victims' social media posts are quoted in the Inside Edition article linked above and they allege multiple people were calling, texting, showing up at the house, banging on the door, etc. looking for these men and he ignored everything. Even with their cars still parked at his home.

I’m wondering if this could be chalked up to an individual with a severe drug/alcohol addiction combined with an avoidant personality? Unfortunately, I have dealt with distant family members with those issues and there were many times we would try to get in contact with them due to family emergencies and receive no response until we showed up at their homes, where they often had been holed up doing drugs for days straight. Sometimes, like in this story, they would even “read” the messages but not respond.

Of course, COMPLETE SPECULATION based on my own personal experiences and I would not be surprised if there was something more nefarious going on…

MOO.

The only thing to think about if OD was COD is why would the guy renting the home play dumb? And if he is playing dumb is it because he provided the drugs?
That can be a powerful reason - someone who deals drugs is highly allergic to doing anything that will result in reaching out to police.

In other cases, it's more like motivation to move the bodies off the property and hide them somewhere else. Or disappear themselves.

Possibly, if the renter knew, it was just a decision that pretending not to know anything is the best policy.

Just speculation and amateur opinion.

So I'm going to scratch everything I mentioned regarding hypothermia being a possible COD for the deceased because the game they went to watch was on January 7th not the 15th. That's my fault for not paying closer attention to dates of the discovery. The weather in KC on Jan 7 was hovering around 0C. Yes that's cold but without the snow and the wind chill factor those are temperatures that someone could survive even if not dressed for the weather as long as they were functioning. At least for a while. On the following day it rained in KC. I don't know whether those were isolated showers but it rained from about 8 am to 1 pm then turned to light snow around 2 pm continuing through the 9th when it got really cold. link:Past Weather in Kansas City, Kansas, USA — Yesterday or Further Back

So the whole issue of how they died becomes much more mysterious. Depending on how they arrived (in one vehicle or multiple or walked to the home) makes a big difference on the possibilities of COD. Carbon dioxide could be a factor if they were in a running car in the garage (which means the home renter was aware of their deaths). Drug overdose becomes very high on my list of possibilities now. The only thing to think about if OD was COD is why would the guy renting the home play dumb? And if he is playing dumb is it because he provided the drugs? I'd like to know when the pathologist performed the autopsy whether they noticed signs of decomposition even though they had to thaw out the bodies.
The game was on 1/14/2024.

I’m wondering if this could be chalked up to an individual with a severe drug/alcohol addiction combined with an avoidant personality? Unfortunately, I have dealt with distant family members with those issues and there were many times we would try to get in contact with them due to family emergencies and receive no response until we showed up at their homes, where they often had been holed up doing drugs for days straight. Sometimes, like in this story, they would even “read” the messages but not respond.

Of course, COMPLETE SPECULATION based on my own personal experiences and I would not be surprised if there was something more nefarious going on…

MOO.
I agree, some people I've known just refuse to deal with other people when they're stressed, not even doing drugs in some cases.

However, looking at that very nice house occupied by a single guy, who seems to have had lots of friends (not anymore), I'm not getting that vibe of antisocial/barely functioning.

However, it could be that person's reaction to such extreme circumstances.

JMO

Last edited:

MOO.

I worked for a guy like that many years ago. He would go off his meds and go into a drinking binge usually lasting a week or more. Once had to get his neighbor, a fireman, involved and when he hear us on the porch getting ready to call into the FD he opened the door. He would snap out of it after said week+ and go back to being a workaholic. However, one huge distinction, he never had three dead bodies in his back yard.
One question. Suppose he woke up the next morning and realized what happened. Is there any legal requirement to notify law enforcement? I just wonder if he has a complete lack of empathy and couldn't be bothered by the circumstances. This is just extremely bizarre.

One question. Suppose he woke up the next morning and realized what happened. Is there any legal requirement to notify law enforcement? I just wonder if he has a complete lack of empathy and couldn't be bothered by the circumstances. This is just extremely bizarre.
I wonder whether this person was in touch with a lawyer, or already has been in the past, and has memorized: 'you have the right to remain silent, anything you say may be used against you in a court of law.'

JMO

The obituaries list January 9 as the date of death. I am assuming that's when they were officially declared dead by the ME (probably a couple of days after actual death, imo).

The obituaries are linked in page 2 of this thread.

I was wondering if they'd been kicked/locked out for some reason - though why they didn't self-rescue would still be unanswered.

Could the gate have been locked so there was no easy way out? The fence looks pretty tall, maybe 6 feet? If so, did any of them have their cellphones on them so they could have called for help?

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member