MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So MB's family on CNN just now said .. what kind of person can put 6-7 bullets in a 18 y/o kid and then go on vacation?

I thought he skipped town for his own safety, not really what I would consider a vacation.

I've been watching the snippets from today's funeral and it is just unbelievable to me what this has turned into - it is a national disgrace, in my opinion. What a mockery of what was meant to be a solemn occasion to mourn a young man's death. But it turned into vitriol, anger, judgment, politics and just plain out ugliness. It is literally like watching a bad dream, or a very poorly written, over-the-top, overacting and completely stereotypical movie-of-the-week. :tantrum:

Yep, National disgrace is a good way to put it. This whole mess is a National disgrace, IMO.

I'm
Absolutely horrified...I'm still trying to process what I just saw...and all those children and people just milling around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did that happen? Is this recent? WTH!

I thought he skipped town for his own safety, not really what I would consider a vacation.

Did you see it? Very sad... that was their response to MB smoking weed and drinking etc.

So MB's family on CNN just now said .. what kind of person can put 6-7 bullets in a 18 y/o kid and then go on vacation?

WOW. That is going to majorly PO some people. Which one said it?

So DJ will testify in front of the GJ if he is called and if he is available...?

OMG, EvilSoup, you & I, we want to (censored) the offenders against young children just the same, you & I. And this guy, this M. Luckovich, he & I have both been Atlanta residents for a....respectable...numbers of years, and I STILL am thinking he's an instigator this time! I don't know, two decades I have subscribed to this paper with this guy and have agreed with him a few times, but he's wrong on this, IMO.

Yes. I agree that invoking MLK may have been too much.

But Luckovich is a very poignant commentator. His 9/11 cartoons :)(weird word to use for such a grave subject) are framed in my office. I see them every day.

I came to live in Atlanta in the early 90's-sounds like we are contemporaries. Sadly, I left a few years ago, but miss it.....and Luckovich. :)

Also from Atlanta, and have read the AJC for decades and followed Luckovich's editorial cartoons. He is a master of hyperbole and satire, questions authority, draws attention to corruption, as well as other social ills, etc. Imo, he went way over the line with this extremely contentious cartoon. Seems synonymous to an editorial comment that would have been made by Cynthia Tucker; former AJC political columnist...jmo

Mike Luckovich’s cartoon - Sunday 08/24/2014
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Ol....ashx?document=AJC\2014\08\24&article=Ar01807

WOW. That is going to majorly PO some people. Which one said it?

Pretty sure it was his cousin... idk.. not paying attention to who is who in his family. Don Lemon...CNN will have the tape up.

My idea of a vacation doesn't involve me waking up every morning in my own personal hell, being afraid of me and my family's safety, and not even being able to turn on the TV or walk to the corner without somebody mentioning how I am disgusting murderer, but hey to each their own!

I'm
Absolutely horrified...I'm still trying to process what I just saw...and all those children and people just milling around...

oh god, you quoted me before i had a chance to edit…..

i meant to type :( :( :(

it was really horrible……its a really horrible way to live

I'd like to see that information as well. Like I said, the distance between the two is only part of the equation. If MB was in fact "rushing" at a good speed towards officer Wilson, it will make a difference in whether this was a justifiable police shooting to me.

If MB was walking back towards at a slow pace it could mean that Wilson could have used other tactics. JMO.

I'm confused, how would that tell you where OW was in relation to all this. I'm thinking that OW wasn't waiting for MB to come to him as in, "come at me bro". We don't know if OW was running after MB and DJ or where each stopped. And, why wouldn't an officer being attacked be considered a felony and shot not be justified?

No I didn't so bascially they completely avoided the question? and then brought up that?

They replied along the lines that weed and drinking aren't anything... everyone does it or something. Complaining about ppl trying to attack his character when they should be asking what kind of person can put 6-7 bullets in a 18 y/o kid and then go on vacation?

They replied along the lines that weed and drinking aren't anything... everyone does it or something. Complaining about ppl trying to attack his character when they should be asking what kind of person can put 6-7 bullets in a 18 y/o kid and then go on vacation?

Continuing to deflect. :gaah:

i could swear i remember reading that Gov. Nixon stated that if there was no indictment, he would release information/records to the public. anyone else remember? i tried googling to no avail.

as for the GJ itself, its very good that this particular group has been working as a unit for a number of months. they should be comfortable working together, and they should have a very good understanding as to what their responsibilities are. those are good things IMO

most in the media are very aware how GJs work, many of these anchors have covered numerous high profile cases before. there aren't major differences from county to county or state to state. i know it was either Parks or Crump that has tried to make it out as if this one is being held in secret b/c it furthers their "we can't trust the system" narrative, but they should be ashamed of themselves for make such statements.

I'm not sure what you were trying to say about the juvenile records???? :)

Gov. Nixon's word isn't worth much to me.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members