MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stay on topic. Our moderators are getting tired of having to un-approve so many posts. Look at the title of the thread. That is the topic.

Thank you very much

One or more news articles says only one record request asked for video recordings of MB.
Some suggest, imply or state that FPD inappropriately provided vid of MB at conv-store.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/238701520/City-of-Ferguson-FOIA-Request-Log
In the linked pdfs, I see requests re MB's death:

from.................................. requesting
-ABC news...................... "...records including ... audio and video records..."
-St L Post Dispatch ......... "...documentation concerning... include 911 audio, photos and video..."
-ACLU ........................... "...incident report for the shooting..." per footnote only the incident report
-Judicial Watch................ "...any and all log entries or related records..." not specify video
-National Bar Assoc......... "...any incident reports,...photographs,...cell phone videos and recordings..."
-Mound City Bar Assoc..... "...records and documents...any videos of the incident and the scene immediately before..."

IIRC, the Blot headline said FPD chief lied about multiple requests;
the Blot(link?) states --------------------------------- only one request specified video.
We see (at above link^) photocopies of the doc's ---------four requests specify videos or recordings.

Is it also poss that many more phone requests and in-person requests were made to FPD?
Poss some specifically asked about the only-then-rumored strong arm robbery c-store vid?

Who is mischaracterizing facts? Or stretching? Or lying about lying?

Rather than take Blot's summary or interp, I'd prefer seeing the original source docs to interp for myself.
JM2cts.

We have covered this misunderstanding and claims of inconsistencies thoroughly in previous threads.

To sum up, before they released the information about the robbery, the chief said, accurately, that Officer Wilson stopped MB & DW because they were walking in the road.

That was true.

As soon as they went public with the robbery connection, he simply added further information (since he could then come out with it all), maintaining consistently that they were *initially* stopped for walking in the road, and in addition, Officer Wilson was aware of the robbery and realized during the encounter that MB matched the description of the suspect.

I've seen Huffington post's determined attempts to say he lied and/or wasn't consistent about this too, and it makes my blood boil, because I don't believe for a moment that they accidentally misunderstood or forgot the timeline of events.

Sent via Tapatalk

I just don't buy the changing story.
I believe if he knew about the "robbery connection"- film or none- he would never ever have said the stop was just the walking in the street. ]If he knew the basics of the shooting, he would know how the enounter began. And he would have said something about it. He desperately wanted everyone to believe it was a good shoot, but he left it out.

MOO.

I just don't buy the changing story.
I believe if he knew about the "robbery connection"- film or none- he would never ever have said the stop was just the walking in the street. ]If he knew the basics of the shooting, he would know how the enounter began. And he would have said something about it. He desperately wanted everyone to believe it was a good shoot, but he left it out.

MOO.

I don't think you understand how many moving parts there are to an investigation like this. Everyone has a specific role.
Have you ever noticed at pressers, how often the mic gets past around to answer questions...how often one person will defer to another?
So early on ..IMO it's impossible for any one person to "know" everything ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Originally Posted by SStarr33 From your link: There was one reporter, Joel Currier with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, who asked for any and all evidence "leading up to" Brown’s death in a FOIA request. The request could have possibly included the tape, since the incident report on the robbery identifies Brown as a suspect in the crime.
He asked for everything and he got it. There was NO lie."

He did lie. He stated there were numerous requests. He gave the impression that he was inundated by FOIA requests, and this is theonly one that can even be construed as meeting the criteria of his statement. ...
SBM BBM

BBM1
See my post from 10-20 min ago, re discrepancy between idea that-
- only one reporter requested for video and
- four requests specifically asking for video.

BBM2
Was FPD chief inundated by FOIA requests?
Can anyone imagine all the contacts --- phone calls, emails, faxes, texts, in-person requests --- this man was getting?
This in addition to doing his regular job.

JM2cts.

I find it laughable and sad how much people are invested in MB's juvenile record from 3 or more years ago, and his toxicology report.
not invested here, but interested. because the atty(s) described wanting to look at MB's prior record as "'character assassination." surely, the absence of a record could not result in character assassination? surely, the absence of violent or menacing offenses could not result in character assassination?

:waitasec:

Yes, the Chief lied in great detail, in order to justify sliming the young man. I think people realized that and the revised story about OW being aware of the "robbery" (called in as shoplifting, btw) were PR BS, and it inflamed things. It was a very poor choice. MOO.

MB slimed himself. jmo

The Judicial Watch FOIA request (Scribd link) actually defines the time period of their request as August 1, 2013 to Aug 9, 2014. Anything in that time frame related to MB.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/238701520/City-of-Ferguson-FOIA-Request-Log

Good God, how in the hello can HuffPo interpret that as a "lie" by Chief Jackson??? Really does boggle the mind. It seems to me all they want to do is incite a race war, and to inflame the passions of intellectually vulnerable minds.

Another one I do not read, evidently I must be on to something.

Interesting short video showing the location of the 6 homicides (all very close together).

The fact that there is NOT much coverage on the overpass shooting seems very odd. What little info is available states 1 or 2 masked gunman (wearing ski masks) sat on the overpass waiting for a car to come over the hill, they then fired at least 50 rounds from a semi-automatic rifle but apparently "missed their intended target" according to police.

How do the police KNOW they missed their intended target or that they even HAD a specific person targeted??? Sounds like the police know who they were shooting at!

Why isn't this story getting more coverage?

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/2014/09/05/stl-police-6-homicides-18-hours/15156867/

my 1st reaction = with the justice dept & fbi still there (assuming) - doesn't "look good".

imo

For his part, Jackson responded to a recent question about why he released the video with a statement issued by a public relations firm.

The statement said that the Ferguson Police Department “had indeed received numerous requests for video footage that showed the strong-arm robbery that preceded the unfortunate incident involving Michael Brown … Providing a clear, concise picture of the situation was all the police department was seeking in releasing the robbery footage on August 15th.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

This is one of those articles that every word is important. But to answer the ? at the headline, the answer is, NO. But it's the headline that makes every word that follows a lie. jmo And as you see, it worked on some. This is what the media knows about some. jmo I tell you they could start a war. so sad. jmo

Interesting short video showing the location of the 6 homicides (all very close together).

The fact that there is NOT much coverage on the overpass shooting seems very odd. What little info is available states 1 or 2 masked gunman (wearing ski masks) sat on the overpass waiting for a car to come over the hill, they then fired at least 50 rounds from a semi-automatic rifle but apparently "missed their intended target" according to police.

How do the police KNOW they missed their intended target or that they even HAD a specific person targeted??? Sounds like the police know who they were shooting at!

Why isn't this story getting more coverage?

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/2014/09/05/stl-police-6-homicides-18-hours/15156867/

Are you (gasp) suggesting that the shooters had a particular target in mind?

Is there any information on the ethnicity of the shooters? This could be important. My son (walking to work) was stopped by the police one early morning, and they were about to bust him (in more ways than one) when one of the officers yelled out, "he's white". Very telling that. They let him go.

Where would the conversation be with out the video release? Seriously

Are you (gasp) suggesting that the shooters had a particular target in mind?

Well the police are strongly suggesting they know who the target was! Otherwise they wouldn't be saying they "missed" their intended target and hit bystanders.

Last I heard they have no suspects and they found the getaway car burned. No mention of race (though the victim killed was black) but ski masks, semi-auto rifles, and highway overpasses makes me think they are from out of town.

6 murders on the same day within a few blocks of each other also seems odd, St. Louis averages 2 killings a week.

Also note the woman that was shot to death while driving on I-70.....that was 2 miles away from the overpass shootings!

Something is going on and apparently the authorities/media do not want to discuss it. Random highway shootings are HUGE news as everyone in the entire area would be at risk.

Is there any information on the ethnicity of the shooters? This could be important. My son (walking to work) was stopped by the police one early morning, and they were about to bust him (in more ways than one) when one of the officers yelled out, "he's white". Very telling that. They let him go.

Finally found a little more info, they believe the shootings are part of a crime wave that included the robbery of a jewelry store, the suspects in the robbery were AA:

Police are searching for a dark-colored Dodge Charger with no license plates in connection with the shooting. A source familiar with the situation tells News 4 police are investigating multiple crimes involving a similar vehicle. The Charger was reportedly stolen Wednesday and was connected to several crimes in Illinois, as well as the strong-arm robbery of a set of earrings from Vincent Jewelers in Creve Coeur Thursday morning.

Police said the suspects in the Creve Coeur robbery were two African American men. Police have not directly tied the shooting to the other string of crimes.

http://www.kmov.com/news/crime/Double-shooting-reported-in-North-St-Louis-274001041.html

I read through the various FOIA requests and found three separate requests for videos :

So as we see it is false for the HP reporter to claim that Chief Jackson "lied" about getting requests for video's. The problem was the inarticulate way that Jackson handled the press conference. He said there had been requests for the "robbery video". There were no specific requests for a "robbery" video only requests for "all video". I don't think Jackson tried to mislead the public. He is just poor at public speaking as we can see from the video of the bungled press conference where he is apparently so nervous that his hand is visibly shaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJ1Kh1CTB8

Something to consider is the source of this attempted smear of Chief Jackson. The HP report is based on reporting by Matthew Keys - a reporter with a controversial past:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Keys#Controversies

Holy moly! You dug even deeper and look what more you found.

Do these pretend journalist even care that their lies can be discredited? Or do they just assume everyone will accept what they offer as truth?

[h=1]Workers who were witnesses provide new perspective on Michael Brown shooting[/h]About a half-hour later, the worker heard a gunshot. Then he saw Brown running away from a police car. Wilson trailed about 10 to 15 feet behind, gun in hand. About 90 feet away from the car, the worker said, Wilson fired another shot at Brown, whose back was turned.

The worker said Brown stumbled and then stopped, put his hands up, turned around and said, “OK, OK, OK, OK, OK.” He said he told investigators from the St. Louis County police and the FBI that because of the stumble, it seemed to him that Brown had been wounded.

<snip>

Wilson, gun drawn, also stopped about 10 feet in front of Brown, the worker said.

Then Brown moved, the worker said. &#8220;He&#8217;s kind of walking back toward the cop.&#8221; He said Brown&#8217;s hands were still up.

Wilson began backing up as he fired, the worker said.

After the third shot, Brown&#8217;s hands started going down, and he moved about 25 feet toward Wilson, who kept backing away and firing. The worker said he could not tell from where he watched &#8212; about 50 feet away &#8212; if Brown&#8217;s motion toward Wilson after the shots was &#8220;a stumble to the ground&#8221; or &#8220;OK, I&#8217;m going to get you, you&#8217;re already shooting me.&#8221;

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Holy moly! You dug even deeper and look what more you found.

Do these pretend journalist even care that their lies can be discredited? Or do they just assume everyone will accept what they offer as truth?

I think they can safely assume that. The general public doesn't dig, doesn't really look. They will believe anything, if it suits their thought patterns. Heck, some of my friends and relatives still believe the government.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member