GUILTY MO - Jessica Mast, 4, beaten to death, Benton County, Dec 2020 *4 arrests, 2 guilty*

RE: getting beaten and raped, So she says. I’ll wait for evidence.
I can’t post any links but it appears to be true. Everyone in that house got abused, I think I read that only the youngest baby was left alone.

I’m not saying that the parents are innocent, they aren’t. But I honestly don’t think this is the classic “parents abused and eventually killed their child” case. This looks like a very complex case. I don’t think the parents have the presence of mind to understand what was happening then and what is happening now. The extended family seems off too. I worry a lot about the surviving kids.

I can’t post any links but it appears to be true. Everyone in that house got abused, I think I read that only the youngest baby was left alone.

I’m not saying that the parents are innocent, they aren’t. But I honestly don’t think this is the classic “parents abused and eventually killed their child” case. This looks like a very complex case. I don’t think the parents have the presence of mind to understand what was happening then and what is happening now. The extended family seems off too. I worry a lot about the surviving kids.
I completely agree with what you said.

Of course we don't know how this will unfold, but Dee Wampler is one of the most powerful attorneys in Missouri. Wonder how Aumen is paying for this level of representation?

(Too bad he's not representing the children IMHO.)
There was a gimme fund setup but it was shut down when people reported that the money might be used for attorney fees.

Parents are definitely not getting a pass from me. If they were abused it is because they didn't stop the abuse. If you allow yourself to be abused, IMO, you are not a victim. However, they stood by and allowed the children to be abused and one of them killed. That is murder, period.

There was a gimme fund setup but it was shut down when people reported that the money might be used for attorney fees.
Hmmmm. Very interesting. Do we know where the money went?

JMO here, please note: The gimme money thing is very worrisome to me -- and not in just this situation. I've never put money there and I probably never will. I just don't trust it. I hope I am wrong -- I've never done any research on it, so forgive me if I am in error.

Parents are definitely not getting a pass from me. If they were abused it is because they didn't stop the abuse. If you allow yourself to be abused, IMO, you are not a victim. However, they stood by and allowed the children to be abused and one of them killed. That is murder, period.
Nobody is giving them a pass. But things are NOT black and white. When Gipsy Rose killed her mothers everyone thought she couldn’t be charged because she was abused, I disagreed because of the steps she took to kill her mother and throw her autistic boyfriend under the bus. Gipsy Rose is NOT innocent, neither are these parents. But good God, we have to agree that someone has to be deeply mentally disturbed to allow someone to come into their house and violently abuse them AND their children.

This is an absolutely disgusting and horrific case, but I strongly feel as though this family was 100% targeted because the “neighbors” knew they would be easy to brainwash and that they wouldn’t question it and would just take the beatings.

Are the parents culpable? Yes. Did they actually understand what was happening? Probably not quite the way we do. Are they fit to stand trial? Probably not, we’ll see.

Hmmmm. Very interesting. Do we know where the money went?

JMO here, please note: The gimme money thing is very worrisome to me -- and not in just this situation. I've never put money there and I probably never will. I just don't trust it. I hope I am wrong -- I've never done any research on it, so forgive me if I am in error.
It was step up by an uncle very early on, the mother apparently had extensive injuries. The money was supposed to go to Jessica’s funeral and to medical expenses, which I’m assuming pertained to the mother and one of the children that was also injured. Not sure where the money actually went though.

upload_2021-2-2_12-48-21.png
Online court records say Mary Mast's bond was set at $500,000 Tuesday morning -- she needs only to pay 10 percent to be released. The records included that if she posts bail, Mast must wear a GPS monitor and will be placed on house arrest.

James Mast, Mary's husband, was also given a $500,000 bond during a hearing last month. Court records say he posted bail on Jan. 20.

The Masts face multiple felony charges in connection with the death of their 4-year-old daughter including a count each of endangering the welfare of a child resulting in death.

Two others are charged with murder in the same case, Ethan Mast and Kourtney Aumen.

James and Mary Mast told investigators that Ethan Mast and Aumen put the family through weeks of abuse to rid them of a "demon." A younger child also received abuse in the case, according to court documents.

Benton County Jail staff said Aumen, Ethan Mast and Mary Mast were all still in jail custody as of Tuesday morning.

Aumen has a court hearing coming up on March 2 at 8 a.m.
Benton County judge sets bond for mother accused in child murder case - ABC17NEWS

Kourtney Aumen and Ethan Mast now face a charge of first-degree murder in the death of 4-year-old Jessica Mast. Prosecutors on Wednesday changed the charge from second-degree murder. Both also faces two counts of armed criminal action and one count of first-degree assault.

Prosecutors also added first-degree murder charges late Wednesday against Jessica Mast's parents, James and Mary Mast. Both face additional charges of armed criminal action and first-degree assault.
Charges upgraded against people allegedly involved in Benton County child's death - ABC17NEWS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back