MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A video at this link shows inside KY's grandfather's house after police left: http://www.kctv5.com/story/33098487/a-look-inside-the-yust-family-home-police-searched-on-wednesday

The thing I found interesting is they said the grandfather only lives 4.7 miles from where Jessica's car was found. Forgive me if that has already been discussed at length, but somehow I thought his grandfather's house was farther away.

This is gpa's house (the icon to the right), the one that was searched yesterday. It is pretty close to where JR's car was found.

search1.jpg

And this is the residence where KY was arrested in Edwards, which is considerably farther away. I think it's been mentioned or believed to be gpa's house, but I think it could be his other gpa. I can't quite remember as I've not got my thinking head on just yet, just woke up after being awake all night trippin' over this case! lol

search 2.jpg

Case Map https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CMqkgKY09LYKMbNq0BsFBEmUbGc&usp=sharing

This is gpa's house (the icon to the right), the one that was searched yesterday. It is pretty close to where JR's car was found.

attachment.php

And this is the residence where KY was arrested in Edwards, which is considerably farther away. I think it's been mentioned or believed to be gpa's house, but I think it could be his other gpa. I can't quite remember as I've not got my thinking head on just yet, just woke up after being awake all night trippin' over this case! lol

attachment.php

Case Map https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CMqkgKY09LYKMbNq0BsFBEmUbGc&usp=sharing

Thanks Skibaboo! :tyou:

I guess I had not understood before that there are 2 grandfathers and 2 different houses. So KY lived with both his sets of grandparents at different times? Or was he just hiding out at the house in Edwards when they arrested him? Do we know which house the reporter went to and saw the car in the driveway?

Thanks Skibaboo! :tyou:

I guess I had not understood before that there are 2 grandfathers and 2 different houses. So KY lived with both his sets of grandparents at different times? Or was he just hiding out at the house in Edwards when they arrested him? Do we know which house the reporter went to and saw the car in the driveway?

I'm not sure whose house it was in Edwards, just that it was a family home, I think a gpa or aunt. I think KY may have fleeted from one residence to the next, maybe that helped him get less attention idk but the house the reporter visited is the gpas house that was searched yesterday, on Crescent Ave, off E 87th St. (the first pic closer to where JR's car was found) Coincidence they executed a search warrant there after I sent the reporter that tip? Which producers then passed on to LE? (this is what was keeping me awake all night!) CRAZY!

You are Pro Skibs!!!! Good catch.

I'm not sure whose house it was in Edwards, just that it was a family home, I think a gpa or aunt. I think KY may have fleeted from one residence to the next, maybe that helped him get less attention idk but the house the reporter visited is the gpas house that was searched yesterday, on Crescent Ave, off E 87th St. (the first pic closer to where JR's car was found) Coincidence they executed a search warrant there after I sent the reporter that tip? Which producers then passed on to LE? (this is what was keeping me awake all night!) CRAZY!

I don't think it's a coincidence at ALL! I think your tip gave police probable cause to search that house--Jessica had BEEN there before. It's possible they already had it on their radar and your tip helped. Does anyone know if they ever searched that house when Kara went missing?

View attachment 101404

View attachment 101405

That would have been a very long painful walk. He could have taken the bus from Bannister to Raytown Road.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a coincidence at ALL! I think your tip gave police probable cause to search that house--Jessica had BEEN there before. It's possible they already had it on their radar and your tip helped. Does anyone know if they ever searched that house when Kara went missing?

Oh right yeah good point. I didn't think of it that way, probable cause. Duh! WOW!

Andres GutierrezVerified account ‏@AFGutierrez 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: #KylrYust will make his first court appearance today at 1:30pm CST today for burning #JessicaRunions car.

https://twitter.com/AFGutierrez

Several of my thoughts and questions, hoping someone can help fill in the blanks.

Do we know what family member of KY's owns the property in Edwards, MO?
He was arrested at his family's home in Edwards, Mo., in Benton County, about two hours from Kansas City.
http://fox4kc.com/2016/09/12/franti...-connected-to-another-missing-woman-arrested/

Why is the case "under seal" and what does that mean?
Mike Mansur, a spokesman for Jackson County’s prosecutor, declined to discuss the matter, saying by email only that “the case is now under seal.”
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jessica...irlfriend-kara-kopetsky-who-vanished-in-2007/

KY was in Oklahoma Federal Prison from ? 2013 to February 2016 from the drug trafficking charges?
What was KY's violation he needed to go to spend a weekend in jail for on Sept 2?

Yust was sentenced in 2013 to three years and nine months in federal prison, followed by three years of supervised release, after he pleaded guilty to a felony drug-trafficking count. On Sept. 2, he was ordered to spend a weekend in confinement for an unspecified probation violation.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jessica...irlfriend-kara-kopetsky-who-vanished-in-2007/

On monitored tracking belt from February 2016 to August 2016?
Kylr Yust had been required to wear a tracking belt until August.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/police-search-focuses-on-home-where-kylr-yust-recently-stayed/41671524

Did KY give JR a ride home from the party? If so, where was JR's car? Why did she need a ride home? When did KY encounter JR's car to burn it? and from where? What car was he driving when he gave her a ride home? Where was his car when he was burning JR's car? What did he drive to get to Edwards, Missouri? Has his car been located and searched?
Kylr Yust, is being held on a charge of setting Jessica Runions’ vehicle on fire after giving her a ride home from a Grandview party.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/police-search-focuses-on-home-where-kylr-yust-recently-stayed/41671524

He also reportedly gave Jessica Runions, 21, of Raymore, a ride home from a party Thursday night in Grandview
http://www.kmbc.com/news/documents-reveal-items-taken-after-kylr-yusts-arrest/41653322

How come LE didn't find the bag of women's clothing during THEIR search of the area around JR's burnt car and the family search did? What else did they miss?
Family and friends searched the woods near where the burned vehicle was found. They discovered a bag of woman’s clothing and called police. Investigators said the clothes turned out to have nothing to do with Runions, or the case.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/search-for-missing-raymore-women-yields-few-clues/41648244

Could KCPD add charges for Felon in possession of a firearm based on the 9mm bullets and the handgun they recovered in their search warrant? Might be a stretch but I am thinking of what additional charges they could bring against him to hold him on a high bond.
New documents released after Yust’s arrest indicate police took a handgun, a shirt, body swabs, fingernail scrapings and hair samples from him.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/documents-reveal-items-taken-after-kylr-yusts-arrest/41653322

I agree. It's clearly not hair. If anyone has ever gotten a little too close to a fire, hair is the first thing that goes up in flames. There wouldn't be long strands left behind like that.

Also, I'm guessing he did something to her at the house, then dumped her somewhere, which is why they were able to recover so much evidence from the house. I highly doubt he would have brought her purse and phone and clothing back to his house after the fact.

I still want to know what she was wearing. I know earlier in the thread someone posted a pic of JR, KY, and AA from someone's facebook page and it was deleted bc we are not allowed to sleuth AA, however, does anyone remember what either of them were wearing?

I still have the picture I posted saved on my computer. JR in the picture is too close to the camera to see her clothing. KY looks like he is in all black.

@afgutierrez

BREAKING: #KylrYust will make his first court appearance today at 1:30pm CST today for burning #JessicaRunions car.

f63c1cbdf28ad03844a1630521b13c73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope his burns have been extremely painful!

Awesome Sleuthing Skibaboo!!!!!!
I wish the reporter had the ethics to have said that a reader/watcher called in the tip re car, but they have become on a level with ambulance chasers and used car salesmen.
Anyway, the important thing is it was reported. We know what a precious resource you are!!!!! Top websleuther!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That would have been a very long painful walk. He could have taken the bus from Bannister to Raytown Road.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Wasn't it reported he was still drunk the next day? Couldn't he have walked that if he wasn't in pain from drugs/booze?

I have a scenario where she offered him a ride from party because of his severe intoxication. Something happened. He killed her, burned the evidence, then walked to his grandfather's and passed out.

1. According to public records, his paternal grandfather owns the residence on Crescent, which is 5 miles east of where the car was found. It would have sucked to walk it, but not impossible. If there is a busline, they need to look into that!
2. According to public records, his maternal grandfather owns the residence in Edwards. Hopefully it is ok to state that since both addresses are in MSM now.
3. From NatallieLouiseXx post #390 this is the return statement of evidence (includes forensic swabs, I don't think they found a bloody qtip but swabbed blood evidence)
attachment.php

swab, alcohol pad with blood, blue plaid shirt, q-tip w/blood

The shirt is not listed as bloody - only states that blood evidence was collected

Attachments

• 223748715e1725cf2a5da5660b6e54e4.jpg
    223748715e1725cf2a5da5660b6e54e4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 414
Awesome Sleuthing Skibaboo!!!!!!
I wish the reporter had the ethics to have said that a reader/watcher called in the tip re car, but they have become on a level with ambulance chasers and used car salesmen.
Anyway, the important thing is it was reported. We know what a precious resource you are!!!!! Top websleuther!

Thank you! :blushing: And yes, that is the important thing, it got reported.

I have a scenario where she offered him a ride from party because of his severe intoxication. Something happened. He killed her, burned the evidence, then walked to his grandfather's and passed out.

I was just thinking about when he burned the car. It was found Saturday, Jessica wasn't reported missing until Friday evening. Didn't he go into work Friday still drunk? And with cuts on his face? And was sent home? Am I mistaken that was there no mention of burns too? Didn't the reporter (the one who asked him questions) Say he had burns on his hands too? How would he expect to work with burned hands? I think maybe when he heard Jessica had been reported missing Friday Eve, that's when he went and burned the car. I don't think he walked, I think he drove another vehicle and left it nearby then walked to that vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua