MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me there would have been a shoe print outside that window... and inside the home... also, a fiber from the kidnappers shirt up against that widow sill....
And bits of mulch, grass or dirt on the floor moving through the computer room.

ITA.

First of all, why would the screen be bent "in" if someone was outside trying to get inside?

IMO, it would have been bent out in an effort to remove it (IOW - someone would have pulled it outward, as they tried to take it off the window).

I thought the same thing until I watched the police re-enactment. The screen went in as they tried to get in the window.

I'd know too. Came home one after noon and noticed the slightest thing-- my doorbell switch had been moved, it was in a stuck position...luckily our mailman saw someone trying to enter the house. Mailman yelled at the almost breaker in person and called 911. I had the strangest feeling as pulled into the drive way.

imo

Those mailmen are great!

My sister was at work and when the mailman got to her house he found the bottom panels of the front door kicked in. He notified LE and a neighbor who in turn called my sister at work. Unfortunately her electronics were already gone.

I hate to get all worked up like yesterday when LE went back over with lights flashing...

Me too.

I just can't imagine what they are looking for now that they didn't search before.

This is such a puzzling case. If it wasn't so serious, and so sad for Baby Lisa, I might be able to see a little humor in the way LE has done a few things.

If she smoked... wouldn't she be thinner... almost everyone I know who smokes is thin...

Not my sister :banghead: The same one who snuck friends into the house. :furious:

Another thing. She said the baby monitor was on. So was it still on when they discovered Lisa missing? An intruder who takes the time to lift three cell phones likely would turn off the baby monitor so the person on the other end couldn't hear anything going on.

First time poster, been reading for several days though.

You cannot turn off a baby monitor from the "outgoing" end for the purpose of the receiving end being silent. If you turn off the outgoing transmitting monitor, the receiving monitor (in the parents room) would immediately have loud static on it. You also cannot turn the channel on the outgoing monitor, it will result in loud static on the receiving monitor.

ETA: Nevermind, I see this has been covered! :) I tried to register last night when there was a similar discussion going on, but since I only have a gmail email address I had to wait for mod approval and by that time, the discussion was long gone. :)

I don't know why we would think we know everything LE has done...we didn't know that they had already been to the landfill at least once until they were out the second time. And FBI has been there most of this entire case, I am pretty sure they think up things to do in case local LE is clueless. JMO

I've tried diligently to catch up. I surrender. Where's the blasted PAUSE button??? Meanwhile - ALL MOO - totally out of order, since I'm never current with posts...

DB leaving door unlocked - I never saw that as a confirmed fact? IF someone came in window, why not unlock door + exit through it? IF that's the scenario, it may have caused nothing for the dog to bark at, window in front, dog in back + it may have taken 5 minutes total. In the window, flip light on, grab baby, flip next light on, see + grab cell phones, unlock + out the door. I'm OCD about windows, doors + lights. All the same, I've been exhausted or sick enough to forget 1 or all. I'd absolutely have windows open with the weather that night. I have no idea what their "routine" was? Doesn't matter, that night was the 1st of a new routine + sick baby + I assume 2 boys in school next day + I assume 1 exhausted mom.

Re-enactment - I saw 3 different approaches to entering via window - ALL successful. 1st something to step on, up + in, no problem. I didn't observe "help", looked like "spotting" in case he slipped / fell. 2nd, "free climb", no boost, no step, just hoist himself, up, over, in, slick + quick. He'd even pulled up + put a foot on the sill first. 3rd with helper, boosting. I see no problem with anyone getting in that window easily. Personal experience - I'm NOT agile, young or small, + had a spell of locking myself out + window higher than this without ledge. For convenience I used a lawn chair to climb closer to the sill + tumble in, not graceful, but worked. I was also able to do this with no chair, step or help, but more of a struggle. If someone has enough desire to get in a window, it's easily doable. I think LE knew this already, so what was the point? To do it silently or without leaving fibers or WHAT?

Questions - What time did JI leave the home to go to work? What time was he scheduled to arrive home in the morning? When he returned home, which entrance did he use? Was this to be his first of many overnight shifts or a one time thing? What time did the younger boys go to bed? Did the youngest go to his bed first + later to Mom's or did he start sleeping in her bed? Did DB give any medicine to Lisa? What time? What time were neighbors visiting + what time did they leave?

Wishing baby Lisa is found safe, soon.

Now back to grumbling + cussing from my armchair POV...

IF someone went through that window, there would have to be some kind of evidence on the window sill so I hope they got that before the cops did their reenactment. If no DNA, there should be threads or fibers from clothing worn by the person coming through the window.

Looked a little bit like slapstick there at one point falling in through that window.

When I see that window, I'm wondering if a woman about 110 pounds got through there. That window looks very accessible to me. I could easily put my back to the house and scoot my butt partially on that brick ledge. And then just swing one leg in and then the other and not make a sound. People have actually used me a lot when they've locked themselves out and need someone to get through an open space to go inside and unlock the front door.

One speculation could be that a woman that size could have done the abduction. They are only using men for the recreation and that might not be accurate as far as noise level and ease or difficulty getting through the window.
And someone may have taken off their shoes and went in barefoot or with socks on.

Reality ,though ,is ,parents have time to hide a body before calling LE . Wouldn't we see evidence of a real intruder if someone took her?

That how is was in Haileigh Cumming case and no one believes it there.

Lights off, backdoor bricked. I dont know about windows but it didnt matter.

Funny how believable that would sound in this case but not that one.

Misty claimed kitchen light was turned on when she and Ron C falsely reported Haleigh as being abducted....JMHO

You cannot turn off a baby monitor from the "outgoing" end for the purpose of the receiving end being silent. If you turn off the outgoing transmitting monitor, the receiving monitor (in the parents room) would immediately have loud static on it. You also cannot turn the channel on the outgoing monitor, it will result in loud static on the receiving monitor.

:welcome: :welcome4: :Welcome1:

If the perp is a woman, I find it hard to believe no hair was left at the scene. I leave hair just about everywhere that I go and my hair isn't abnormally long.

To make the police look bad, and paint herself as their victim?

Well, in my opinion, if telling the truth makes her look like a victim and the police look bad - maybe she IS a victim and the police behaved badly? Just a thought.

:wagon:

Me too.

I just can't imagine what they are looking for now that they didn't search before.

This is such a puzzling case. If it wasn't so serious, and so sad for Baby Lisa, I might be able to see a little humor in the way LE has done a few things.

I can't figure out all these return trips to the house to search. Either they are really inept at searching (and know it) or they are still getting pings in the vicinity of that house and can't figure out where the phones are hidden. MOO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda