Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was left running -maybe whoever left it there wanted it to be stolen? Locals say hardly anyone uses the lot and right across the interstate is a big truck stop

wanted it to be stolen, or run out of gas, so that it appeared the brothers had run out of gas. :/

ETA: just read further into thread and sad to see this turn of events. terrible update.

Last edited:
Just a theory, but my guess is he will claim it was self defense since it was 2 against 1. He will claim he knew nobody would believe that given his record, so he disposed of the bodies. Or, since he worked for or with his mom, she will say she committed the crime and take the fall. He will claim he just took the truck to help her. There had to be two people involved unless he walked home which is unlikely. Remember, he's a good talker.
I don;t think this claim will fly though because they flew in to missouri and probably did not take any weapons.

I do think the investigators have known since the beginning that something wasn’t right. The fact that they immediately took on an adult missing persons case is very unusual. I think once JN’s name was brought up with the idea of getting money, along with finding the truck, they’ve zeroed in. They just had to be methodical. I think they have a lot of the pieces put together already. I also think JN is very arrogant and not very bright.

I was just about to say the same thing - how did he get home? He would have had to had an accomplice unless he could call for a taxi or ride share service (doubtful given the area but you never know).

I suppose someone could have picked him up without being an accomplice.

I found the statement below from the DOJ when he was sentenced for the cattle fraud. Note that he had a friend who helped him with the fraud. Maybe this same friend helped him again and gave him a ride from that commuter lot!

Nelson received two livestock operating loans in April 2013 totaling $158,000 for the limited purpose of buying and raising cattle. In violation of the express terms of his loans, and with fraudulent intent, Nelson conducted livestock sales from April 2013 to July 2014 under the name “Joey Nelson” to avoid detection. He conducted other sales in the name of a friend to further conceal his involvement. His friend then transferred the proceeds to Nelson.
Source: Braymer Man Sentenced for $262,000 Cattle Fraud

From the article:
Clinton County Sheriff Larry Fish said the investigation had turned from a missing persons investigation to a death investigation, which remains ongoing.

Nelson has not been charged in the brothers' death. It's not clear if the brothers' bodies were found.

My heart just hurts so much for these families. It sure seems like local or state or federal officials messed up in some way to let JN continue to be involved with cattle.
I'm just getting home from work and reading the update. It's heartbreaking! Two young men working hard to support their families and loved ones. It's so senseless! Selfish! The family and friends of the Diemel brothers will be in my prayers. Hoping justice is swift and severe!

Nicholas & Justin Diemel: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Jul 26, 2019

"...Here’s what you need to know:..."

Nicholas & Justin Diemel: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

diemel5.jpg

MOO, JMO: They traveled there for business purposes. I will speculate there was a dispute with a third party over money (business interests) that turned violent. I hope that I'm wrong and hope for the best for these two brothers.

Traveling over weekends is common with family-owned businesses and in farming / livestock, the work tends to go on regardless of the weekday.
I haven't read all the posts granted, however, this is the first thing that came to my mind.

WATCH: 4:30 P.M.: BREAKING: Death investigation underway in missing brothers case

SABBM:

“We don’t know what’s going on. There are a lot of things that don’t add up, and obviously very, very concerned about it,” Rob Krull, the brothers’ cousin, told KMBC. “We knew something was up when they weren’t answering their phones after a couple of hours.”

It was surprisingly shocking that law enforcement move so quick on a missing person investigation. My guess is that they thought something was hinky, and the family back home knew that and therefore told law enforcement and that is why they moved so quickly. The family knew that they were going to go check on something that was questionable?

AERIAL VIDEO: Crews search a farm in Braymer, Missouri, for signs of two missing brothers from Wisconsin. Officials say this is now a death investigation and Caldwell County prosecutors have charged Garland Nelson, 25, connection to the disappearance.

WARNING, gruesome speculation to follow:

This aerial video shows the search crews sifting through large piles of dirt with screens. IMO they wouldn't be doing that if they thought the brothers' intact bodies were buried there. LE sifts through dirt methodically when looking for bone fragments or teeth or small pieces of evidence. I suspect the bodies may have been burned and LE is sifting through the dirt looking for what is left of them. I hope I'm wrong. But I also hope they find something of the brothers for their loved ones to have a proper memorial and for justice to be served. JMO.

Last edited:
It was surprisingly shocking that law enforcement move so quick on a missing person investigation. My guess is that they thought something was hinky, and the family back home knew that and therefore told law enforcement and that is why they moved so quickly. The family knew that they were going to go check on something that was questionable?
Just jumping on this thread now. The brothers are fairly local to the area I used to live in. From what people are saying here, it sounds like they were both regularly in close contact with family throughout these trips - think texting and calling multiple times a day. I’d guess as soon as the wife didn’t hear from him after letting her know he was going to go check on the cattle, she knew something was amiss. I also think she might’ve been clued into the fact that they were dealing with a sketchy person as well - perhaps the phone records revealed some clues that could’ve jumpstarted charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member