MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played Russian Roulette either- but I guess if you're dumb enough to do it, why wouldn't drugs, booze, nudity, etc. be ok? Because it's all beyond stupid and dangerous. JMO.

I thought the whole point of Russian Roulette was you pointed the gun at yourself, not someone else.

This still just doesn't sound right to me, even factoring in alcohol and cocaine....it just sounds like a way to make the shooting "accidental" vs. intentional. JMO.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the whole point of Russian Roulette was you pointed the gun at yourself, not someone else.

This still just doesn't sound right to me, even factoring in alcohol and cocaine....it just sounds like a way to make the shooting "accidental" vs. intentional. JMO.

<modsnip>
Agree! <snip>
Definition of Russian roulette
1 : an act of bravado consisting of spinning the cylinder of a revolver loaded with one cartridge, pointing the muzzle at one's own head, and pulling the trigger<snip>
Definition of RUSSIAN ROULETTE
Hinky...

Ashli Lincoln

‪#BREAKING: @stlcao has filed charges against @SLMPD Officer Nathaniel Hendren. He’s facing an involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action charge in the shootings death of off duty officer Katlyn Alix. ‬
‪Court docs say the two were playing Russian roulette.‬

upload_2019-1-26_2-5-48.jpegupload_2019-1-26_2-5-32.jpeg

Really struggling with this version of events.
It so conveniently allows the shooting to be classified as "accidental" and for charges to be bumped down to involuntary man.
She'll never get to tell her version. Her voice has been silenced.

Also, sadly, there appear to be subtle hints of "blaming the victim" in the narrative that's being provided. JMO.

Last edited:

<modsnip>
Sounds like a Joseph Wambaugh book.

Isn’t anyone questioning the partner/police officer’s account of events?
Is anyone really investigating this case?

Oh, but it's been investigated.
They interviewed the partner of the defendant and diligently wrote down what he told them on their probable cause affidavit.
They have filed involuntary manslaughter charges.
Case closed.
I hope I'm wrong.
JMO.

Oh, but it's been investigated.
They interviewed the partner of the defendant and diligently wrote down what he told them on their probable cause affidavit.
They have filed involuntary manslaughter charges.
Case closed.
I hope I'm wrong.
JMO.
I hope you're wrong, too, because there is a LOT more investigating that needs to be done.

How does one head-butt a windshield, or whatever it was, so hard that it shatters?

This is all pretty horrifying, IMO. These 2 male officers were officially on the clock, right? They could have gotten a call, gone out to a scene high, drunk, whatever....it is mind-boggling.

What are the reqs for becoming a police officer in St. Louis?

This is all pretty horrifying, IMO. These 2 male officers were officially on the clock, right? They could have gotten a call, gone out to a scene high, drunk, whatever....it is mind-boggling.

What are the reqs for becoming a police officer in St. Louis?

Apparently none. Nor any for investigators.

Last edited:
The officers on duty weren't even in the district they were assigned. They were assigned to the 2nd district but the apartment where the shooting occured is in the 1st district.
750 Dover Pl is near 55 and Carondolet Park, toward the bottom of the map. I don't know what portion of the 2nd district they were assigned to patrol.

52e26d7e3cca5.image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member