MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this even going before a grand jury? In Colorado a grand jury is used only if the DA needs confirmation there is enough evidence to prosocute (ex: one was used to determine whether to prosecute John and Patsy Ramsey). Is it different in Mississippi?
In a lot of cases it is left up to the grand jury to decide if it will be 1st, 2nd, or manslaughter.

Not to throw a wrench in anyone’s hopes of conviction and a stiff sentence but I think right now there isn’t much we know as fact as far as evidence. All we really know is that his clothes appeared to have blood on them. I’m having a hard time believing he would still be wearing bloody clothes after 2 days but maybe it wasn’t the clothes he was wearing and was actually clothes in his truck. Even still, that could very well have panned out to not be blood or not be AK’s. We just don’t know. Next we know he had a gun. Could be the murder weapon and then yes that would make it much easier to convict. But it could also not be. He was known to have one. Many people keep guns in their glove box.
Next we know she was shot multiple times per the coroner report. The 8 times that had been released in media was incorrect or at least not in the released report and neither was the location of where she was shot. With all the rumors and false information that was put out there i’m Skeptical at this point to believe all shots were to the torso until the official report is ever released.
And lastly the father indicated he knew more info than he could say that leads him to believe his son is innocent. I keep wondering what that could possibly be. What’s the story there even if it is a story.
Have to say right now i’m Not feeling confident this guy will be convicted based on what we do know right now. To many maybes.

There's no doubt in my mind he will be found guilty.

I hope you’re right. That’s how I felt about Casey Anthony.

I never really knew much about her. I watched the trial after the fact and didn't think they proved it. From what we have so far, the facts of this case are vastly different than the CA case.

That being said, maybe I should have said is if the facts of the case are what we have so far, I have no doubt he'll be found guilty.

I’ve lived in the area for thirty years and never heard of them losing a high-profile case. It’s possible though.

Believe me, I’m no fan but if I was ever arrested for a crime ... I would call SF first if I had the $

I live in Memphis, and if I needed criminal representation they are who I would call too...when my kids were charged with a minor in possession of alcohol i asked a Memphis judge who we should call and he suggested Bill Massey. If murder was involved..I would have called The Fareses.... ugh..I don’t even like thinking about that...what a nightmare for both of these families..

Hello everyone. I joined this site because a friend mentioned this case to me and I got interested reading this thread. Wondering if I'm the only one who thinks it's possible that he hired someone to do it and brought Ally to the site but didn't personally shoot her?

I don’t think he is smart enough to plan anything like that...if he was smart enough to plan that, he would have been far enough away to not be associated with the crime. I think he thought he was smart enough to pull it off himself but that was probably his inflated ego,sense of entitlement, alcohol and probably drugs...

Why is this even going before a grand jury? In Colorado a grand jury is used only if the DA needs confirmation there is enough evidence to prosocute (ex: one was used to determine whether to prosecute John and Patsy Ramsey). Is it different in Mississippi?
In a lot of cases it is left up to the grand jury to decide if it will be 1st, 2nd, or manslaughter.
You cited Winkler. They made the victim out to be a bully that she was scared of, and got it down to involuntary manslaughter. She was sympathetic. That tactic won’t play here.

No lawyer is going to make Brandon Theesfeld likable or sympathetic compared to Ally Kostial. They may go with the old “I blacked out and don’t know what happened,” to try to plea it down but that will be a hard sell.
i think they will go with she grabbed the gun and there was a struggle and it went off accidentally...multiple times.

i think they will go with she grabbed the gun and there was a struggle and it went off accidentally...multiple times.
Oh dear....I sure hope they don't try to say she was holding the gun and he was trying to wrestle it from her. I don't think that would fly for one second, but....man, I hope they don't turn this on her.

jmo

Not to throw a wrench in anyone’s hopes of conviction and a stiff sentence but I think right now there isn’t much we know as fact as far as evidence. All we really know is that his clothes appeared to have blood on them. I’m having a hard time believing he would still be wearing bloody clothes after 2 days but maybe it wasn’t the clothes he was wearing and was actually clothes in his truck. Even still, that could very well have panned out to not be blood or not be AK’s. We just don’t know. Next we know he had a gun. Could be the murder weapon and then yes that would make it much easier to convict. But it could also not be. He was known to have one. Many people keep guns in their glove box.
Next we know she was shot multiple times per the coroner report. The 8 times that had been released in media was incorrect or at least not in the released report and neither was the location of where she was shot. With all the rumors and false information that was put out there i’m Skeptical at this point to believe all shots were to the torso until the official report is ever released.
And lastly the father indicated he knew more info than he could say that leads him to believe his son is innocent. I keep wondering what that could possibly be. What’s the story there even if it is a story.
Have to say right now i’m Not feeling confident this guy will be convicted based on what we do know right now. To many maybes.

I'm not placing blame as I think this is typical of a fast moving story but before the report was reduced to soundbites and tweets, I heard live news stream from So Memphis that TB was taken into custody, vehicle (Black F-150) impounded, and that investigators located fire arm and clothes with blood on them from inside his vehicle.

Fast forward 8 hours and ever since all I'm reading is that BT was wearing bloody clothes!!

I guess we'll have to wait for discovery to know the facts.

MOO

Hello everyone. I joined this site because a friend mentioned this case to me and I got interested reading this thread. Wondering if I'm the only one who thinks it's possible that he hired someone to do it and brought Ally to the site but didn't personally shoot her?

BT had blood on his clothes, and he was caught trying to run. He pulled the trigger and no one else was involved IMHO. If he'd hired someone else then he would've been far away from Ally and he'd have an alibi. Instead he's seen on video with her around the time she was killed. Then there are the cell phone locations, plus all those texts, and the fact that he owned a gun and kept it in his car.The evidence that we know about at this time all points to BT as the murderer.

Oh dear....I sure hope they don't try to say she was holding the gun and he was trying to wrestle it from her. I don't think that would fly for one second, but....man, I hope they don't turn this on her.

jmo
His high powered attorneys have many scenarios they will use on a mock jury to see which one might fly with a jury. These guys know exactly what their doing. I’m sure they never have and will ask BT if he did it. They don’t care all they want is to win.

His phone will tell the tale. Plus he was with her shortly before she was murdered. And there may be DNA evidence on her body.

I think his story will be something like the Preppie Murder defense.....and he will try to tear Ally's reputation to shreds.

BT had blood on his clothes, and he was caught trying to run. He pulled the trigger and no one else was involved IMHO. If he'd hired someone else then he would've been far away from Ally and he'd have an alibi. Instead he's seen on video with her around the time she was killed. Then there are the cell phone locations, plus all those texts, and the fact that he owned a gun and kept it in his car.The evidence that we know about at this time all points to BT as the murderer.

He would still be a murderer if he got someone else to do the actual shooting. And if he was far away, he'd have a hard time explaining his texts with Ally that night.

I think they could have tried that if there were one or two shots but pretty hard to explain away the amount they are saying now.

His phone will tell the tale. Plus he was with her shortly before she was murdered. And there may be DNA evidence on her body.

I think his story will be something like the Preppie Murder defense.....and he will try to tear Ally's reputation to shreds.
Gosh, that was the first real murder case I ever followed.... I can picture the attorneys sitting around the conference table trying to come up with alternate scenarios to get him off....

Welcome @firebird.

I believe you will find WS a great site to search and corroborate with others about ongoing and past cases. WS is a facts based site, victim friendly, and only verifiable information may be posted here as fact.

As to BT hiring a hit on Ally, it's always possible until the evidence proves otherwise.

However, based on what's been reported, it sounds to me like Ally was "over killed" -- and that tells me that this was personal, and whoever pulled the trigger 8+ times knew Ally.

Also based on news reports, we know that Ally's body was recovered from a lake area (Buford Ridge) popular to students. If popular for students -- no surprise that LE was randomly patrolling this spot early Saturday morning.

I also would not be surprised to learn that this area popular for drug sales.

While I don't think it probable that BT hired a hit on Ally, I wouldn't be surprised if he alleges that they were present at Buford Ridge when gunfire broke out (i.e., drug warriors) and how he fled in fear of his life, etc. -- Leaving Ally behind, of course.

I think he's going to be desperate to blame somebody else, and will throw whatever he can at the wall hoping it will stick!

I'll just have to wait now with everybody else for the evidence to tell the true story.

MOO

Police: college student shot 8 times, suspect in custody

He would still be a murderer if he got someone else to do the actual shooting. And if he was far away, he'd have a hard time explaining his texts with Ally that night.
And the video that we haven’t seen yet of them at the store together close to where her body was found. The news reporter said there were so many cameras at that store....

Welcome @firebird.

I believe you will find WS a great site to search and corroborate with others about ongoing and past cases. WS is a facts based site, victim friendly, and only verifiable information may be posted here as fact.

As to BT hiring a hit on Ally, it's always possible until the evidence proves otherwise.

However, based on what's been reported, it sounds to me like Ally was "over killed" -- and that tells me that this was personal, and whoever pulled the trigger 8+ times knew Ally.

Also based on news reports, we know that Ally's body was recovered from a lake area (Buford Ridge) popular to students. If popular for students -- no surprise that LE was randomly patrolling this spot early Saturday morning.

I also would not be surprised to learn that this area popular for drug sales.

While I don't think it probable that BT hired a hit on Ally, I wouldn't be surprised if he alleges that they were present at Buford Ridge when gunfire broke out (i.e., drug warriors) and how he fled in fear of his life, etc. -- Leaving Ally behind, of course.

I think he's going to be desperate to blame somebody else, and will throw whatever he can at the wall hoping it will stick!

I'll just have to wait now with everybody else for the evidence to tell the true story.

MOO

Police: college student shot 8 times, suspect in custody

I saw an article saying that she was not shot 8 times. Can't find it now, but I'm still looking. The links to it are in this thread though, since it's the only place I've been reading..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500