MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I saw of the video it looked like there were three people in the car.

I believe that Jessica was in the black car by the gas pumps (in the video) not the whitish/silver minivan by the store entrance. Jessica is only seen exiting the driver's side door when pulling in to get gas and is seen again going back to her car to pump the gas after she went inside the store to presumably pay for said gas.

For me, I can't see anyone else in the black car.

All IMOO.

Just a touch of first hand information....15 yrs ago my husband was burned, that included chemical burns in the mouth and throat and lungs. (work accident, not a criminal act)...anyway he was able to talk, very hoarsely, but he could talk. Later as the throat swelled due to the chemicals and burns, he was intubated. So, anyway, it may be possible that she could communicate immediately after the attack. God bless this family, and the LEO working this case.

Thank you for that info. :(

Most know that neither of those two outlets that have been linked are Mainstream Media and according to TOS should not be on the thread.

Sorry. Did not mean to violate rules. I just pasted the first copy I found with search words. Self deleted.

Interesting comments on the Justice for Jessica page. Another lady in Ms has a similar story to Jessica's and survived.

<snip> Champion [DA] says investigators are looking into reports that Chambers had attended a party before her death.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/12/mississippi_jessica_fire_kille.html

If she did attend party it was A ) not for a very long time and B ) not planned before hand, correct? Would she attend a party in her pjs? Would she tell her parents she would be back after very quick errands if she INTENDED to go to a party ? There are all levels of ' party ' . If she stopped in to see friends and a few of them were drinking and watching football ( for example) one might refer to that as a party. IDK what to think of this party talk.

If she did attend party it was A ) not for a very long time and B ) not planned before hand, correct? Would she attend a party in her pjs? Would she tell her parents she would be back after very quick errands if she INTENDED to go to a party ? There are all levels of ' party ' . If she stopped in to see friends and a few of them were drinking and watching football ( for example) one might refer to that as a party. IDK what to think of this party talk.

IF she wasn't planning on attending prior to leaving home (could be either way, imo), perhaps she was invited via text, cell phone, after she left home or even at the gas station when she bumped into friend.

And agree, "party" could mean just a few persons gathered together.

Most 19 yr olds are so spontaneous and impulsive that I think they would stop by a party, even if in PJ's and in the middle of doing errands. My daughter used to do things like that and it would drive me nuts. She'd leave the house, saying she was going to the DMV and the beauty supply for shampoo. A few hours later she would call me from Malibu, saying she was at the beach with some friends. WHAT ABOUT YOUR CAR REGISTRATION? " Oh yea, I was going to do that but it was a really long line and then Amanda texted they were going to the beach...."

watching the videos it looks like she pulls up to the pumps, starts towards the store, stops, turns to side, throws up her hand to someone, like someone called her. She walks to the side like going over to them (can't see them on camera). Other video shot shows what looks like her car sitting at pump (she must have gone in store) and someone in striped shirt at next pump is filling a container and walks off in the direction she did. The other video shot shows her coming back out store and getting gas. Did look creepy seeing someone filling a container at pump and knowing she had been burned.

<snip> Authorities have interviewed witnesses, but have yet to identify someone they consider a suspect, Champion said.

Figuring out who Chambers was with Saturday, what they did and where they did it will help reach that point.

"That's what we're working on today," Champion said. "We've talked to a lot of people and some of those people could end up being a suspect, but as of right now we have not questioned anybody who we believe to be a suspect."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/10/authorities-jessica-chambers-last-hours/20196555/

ADMIN NOTE: If you are following friends and family on their personal FB pages, that's your business. You CANNOT post about it here, however.
Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Etiquette & Information

Add to the above, blogs that have not been approved by the mod team, as well as comments/rumors/posts from readers of news articles and public FB pages. In this case, the only approved sources are mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement releases, and one "justice for" FB page.

NOTE: If you cannot link to it, you cannot post it, nor post about it. "It" is OFF LIMITS.

Thanks.

Friends of Jessica on Facebook that have the "Break the silence. Stop the violence." avatars are pretty suggestive to what has happened in this case.

This is utterly heartbreaking.

<snip> Authorities have interviewed witnesses, but have yet to identify someone they consider a suspect, Champion said.

Figuring out who Chambers was with Saturday, what they did and where they did it will help reach that point.

"That's what we're working on today," Champion said. "We've talked to a lot of people and some of those people could end up being a suspect, but as of right now we have not questioned anybody who we believe to be a suspect."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/10/authorities-jessica-chambers-last-hours/20196555/

So does this mean that she did not name her killer before she died?

Even if she named her killer, corroborating evidence would be sought by police.

True. But I guess it is this sentence that makes me wonder:

That's what we're working on today," Champion said. "We've talked to a lot of people and some of those people could end up being a suspect, but as of right now we have not questioned anybody who we believe to be a suspect."

<snip> Champion said local and state investigators have "somewhat" been able to determine where Chambers went once she left the gas station. With that information, authorities are "trying to narrow down" who may have been with her. "I feel like it's something we're going to solve," Champion said. "It could be in the next five minutes, five months or five years. You just don't know."

Ohh...years, five years? Really.

Even if she named her killer, corroborating evidence would be sought by police.

True. If she did go to a party and it was after the gas station visit,then it seems likely that her killer was at the party or lurking outside. Who saw her leave the party? Was she alone? I hope LE has questioned all the partiers. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jend1184