MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Heart is just breaking over this. What a horrible horrible way to die.

I pray that soon an arrest is made.

Rest In Peace Jessica :rose:

Thanks for all your posts and updates it is great to come to one place to get all the latest news and your perspectives on developments.

Here is a new recently updated Daily Mail article I thought I would post it sorry if it has already been posted.

"Investigators are reviewing surveillance footage that shows Jessica Chambers just 90 minutes before she was burned alive in the hopes it may lead to her killer.

In the released footage, the 19-year-old can be seen walking across the gas station forecourt in Courtland, Missouri before waving at someone off camera and going to speak to them.

She then walks into the store and pays before returning to her car. A man can be seen filling up a gasoline can beside her vehicle, but police say he has been cleared in the investigation.

The footage released by police shows Jessica just before 6.30pm on Saturday. About 90 minutes later, a motorist called 911 to report a burning car a mile away and first responders arrived to find the young woman covered in flames."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-90-minutes-burned-alive.html#ixzz3LXEbsVab

The sadistic nature of the crime is what is so unimaginable. It was not random, but purposeful and hateful. But what is odd is that the perp(s) didn't make sure that she was dead. Jodi Arias comes to mind, but she made sure that Travis was dead. JMO If the purpose was disfigurement, it was overkill, but a jealous female could be involved, if that's the case. JMO

JMO Is the kiss photo purportedly the ex BF? Jessica doesn't look terribly receptive to the smooch, but maybe just caught on camera....The guy looks like a young moony-eyed kid, though. But then, who knows what evil lurks... I hope that he is either arrested or cleared soon. JMO

Check out the big bruise on her jawline in that photo.

My theory about this: I believe she was driving with someone she knew. She was possibly forced or willingly gave them sex orally and then some kind of argument ensued. She was badly injured in this argument and the perpetrator believed she was dead. The lighter fluid down her throat and the burning of the car were an attempt to destroy all evidence of fingerprints and dna. The crime probably happened exactly where they found the car and the perpetrator was picked up by friends or went to a nearby place. I would be looking for someone who she had been close with that has an anger management problem and believes themself to be some type of master "gangster". If my theory is correct then sperm of the probable perpetrator will be found in her stomach and dogs could possibly hit on a trail into the woods (unless another car was right there).

In an earlier post, I was questioning why there would be background voices on the gas station video. Didn't make sense-in all the ones I have seen, the police always mute those before releasing to the public. Now CTH says that the news station were the ones who gave the video to the police and there is a video posted there from the news station where they confirm this.

I wonder why the police didn't get the video before the news?

I don't understand how she was burned on over 98% of her body, had gasoline/accelerate poured down her throat; and was still able to talk. That's a lot of pain and misery, and I would think someone would go in shock from the pain alone. The smoke inhalation alone would kill most.

I personally think Jessica did smoke. Maybe she did a little drugs also. That doesn't make her a bad person. However, it could have something to do with her death.

It also seems very, very, personal. Most killers would panic and not take the time to do all that was done, in public. It would seem they would be scared of getting caught. Suicide could also be a possibility.

MOO

The police said Jessica's death is a homicide and they are looking for a POI. The battery was taken out of her cell phone, imo, to prevent her from being able to call for help. This is not suicide............this is a very heinous and gruesome murder. A murder which seems to be premeditated.

I don't know if she smoked or did drugs or not and I don't see how that could have caused someone to murder her. I haven't read where anyone said that she did smoke cigs or did drugs.

I imagine this was done by someone who knew Jessica and may have been someone who had had a relationship with her in the past. One that could have easily involved Jessica being abused during the relationship. The motive may be another 'if I cant have you no one can" that we often see in cases like this :(

She may have been able to mouth the name of her murderer instead of vocally speaking it out loud.

IMO

If paraphrasing is ok (see quoted TOS), then you CAN post "about" it. Bessie, please either resolve this contradictory "NOTE" of yours or do not delete a request of what information was gleaned by other users from your self-identified "justice for" page.

We can paraphrase from the Justice FB page, as an approved source. Not personal FB pages.

Vedder explained it well. I would only add that you can paraphrase posts by the Justice FB page admin/family. You cannot paraphrase posts/comments/rumors by readers. Also, we don't post about donation requests on WS. Hope that helps.

https://www.facebook.com/JUSTICEforJESSICALANE

We can paraphrase from the Justice FB page, as an approved source. Not personal FB pages.

Vedder explained it well. I would only add that you can paraphrase posts by the Justice FB page admin. You cannot paraphrase posts/comments/rumors by readers.

:tyou:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The police said Jessica's death is a homicide and they are looking for a POI. The battery was taken out of her cell phone, imo, to prevent her from being able to call for help. This is not suicide............this is a very heinous and gruesome murder. A murder which seems to be premeditated.

I don't know if she smoked or did drugs or not and I don't see how that could have caused someone to murder her. I haven't read where anyone said that she did smoke cigs or did drugs.

I imagine this was done by someone who knew Jessica and may have been someone who had had a relationship with her in the past. One that could have easily involved Jessica being abused during the relationship. The motive may be another 'if I cant have you no one can" that we often see in cases like this :(

She may have been able to mouth the name of her murderer instead of vocally speaking it out loud.

IMO

BBM

Not many beautiful ,young , healthy 19 yr old's pour lighter fluid down their throats and set themselves on fire.

This case has left me dumbfounded at the unspeakable brutality that humans can inflict upon one another. I've composed and deleted countless posts, words escaping me as I try to find a way to express the absolute horror I feel at all this beautiful soul suffered in her last moments on this earth. It leaves me breathless, as a mother, to imagine anyone inflicting such damage upon my child. I'm bereft, and can only ask, along with you all, "Why?"

What did this beautiful girl do to deserve this? The simple answer is: NOTHING! Nothing will ever justify what happened to her on that lonely road that night, and it never will in my mind, or in my heart. :no:

To her family, I offer my deepest condolences on the loss of their bright shining star. I join my fellow WSers in the pursuit of justice in her name. I pray that all that participated in this cruel, heinous act shall pay the highest price the law allows. Anything less is unacceptable.

My tears flow tonight, for the loss of innocence I feel. It is something I can't quite describe, but it is an ache that I don't think will ever go away. Knowing that this kind of crime has happened signals a kind of evil that I always knew lurked about out there, but was the stuff of nightmares. Reading of the latest posts of other similar cases lets me know that the hate that exists in parts of our nation, chills me to the bone. For my children and I could easily be targets of such a crime (if that's what this is....).

How in the world do I explain this to them?

:praying:

#JusticeForJessica

:rose:

<snip> Investigators are combing through 19-year-old Jessica Chambers' phone records, while at the same time, questioning people at Panola County Jail.

BBM

<snip> Jessica's grandmother says she will forgive her loved one's killer. She just needs to know who it is.

"I want to see something good come out of this," she said. "I don't want anger and hate in my heart."

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...rgive-person-who-set-jessica-chambers-on-fire

Video reports GdMa is in her eighth decade! Beautiful Southern Belle...

Also, on video linked below reporter states that Social Media (SM) has helped to get the word out about Jessica's case, but is also allowing rumors to fly in the community.

Reporter states an exclusive interview @10PM tonight with an individual who was questioned by LE (and named on a SM page)...

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ther-she-wont-rest-until-her-killer-is-caught

I hope one of the locals will watch that report and fill us in. I am curious what the 'questioned' guy has to say.

<snip> Not long after waking up, Jessica drove to a gas station on Highway 51 to grab a bite to eat and put gas in her car before heading into Batesville to clean it. The last time her mother spoke to her was just before 7 p.m. "I reminded her to clean her room, because I'd been on her for a few days about it. She promised she would," Lisa Chambers said. "She was still wearing her pajama pants so it's not like she was dressed to be out very long."

BBM

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/10/authorities-jessica-chambers-last-hours/20196555/

So Mom spoke to Jessica just before 7PM, would be after she left the gas station.

Where's the video from the Car Wash? Or did she never arrive there.

Here is a brief article about the crime:

http://djournal.com/news/mink-trial-set-start-wednesday/

TUPELO &#8211; Christopher Mink is due to go on trial Wednesday, state prosecutors announced Monday.

Mink was indicted in February on charges he kidnapped and injured Norma Leann Horn on Sept. 15, 2012. He also is accused of setting the woods on fire out from Baldwyn.

[ the victim said that she stopped at the very same mini mart as JC did, and was then kidnapped and SET ON FIRE with lighter fluid down her throat!]

Psych Work Up for Man Accused of Setting Woman on Fire

November 20, 2013 | Chris Davis
TUPELO, Miss.&#8211;It was Sept. of last year when a woman was kidnapped, beaten severely and set on fire with gasoline. She managed to stop, drop and roll and then to run away when the flames were finally out. Now the man accused in the crime is set for trial today.

http://www.newsms.fm/tag/christopher-mink/

Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said Christopher Mink, 43, and Chere Clark, 40, lured the 27-year-old woman on Friday to a home in the Pratts community, where she was attacked. Mink and Clark are accused of driving the unconscious and bound woman to a remote wooded area where they poured an accelerant on her and set her on fire, Johnson said.

The woman, whose name police have not released, was able to put out the fire, free her legs and walk quite a distance to a residence for help, Johnson said.

http://www.wapt.com/news/mississipp...of-beating-woman-setting-her-on-fire/16652342

What are the odds of this happening to another woman. Both beaten and set on fire? Both who had had AA boyfriends?

Could the woman that was released from jail have others on the outside who would do this as a hate crime because Jessica had been in an interracial relationship? Maybe Mink had pull on the outside even while he is serving time. I wonder if he could belong to the Aryan Brotherhood?

Its just awfully uncanny that the MOs of both attacks are eerily the same.

IMO

The linked article below clears up some of the rumors and misconceptions surrounding what has been reported in this case. If prosecutors are certain Jessica's cell phone will help solve this heinous crime, then the perp was known to her, and she was not chosen at random for this terrifying act of violence.

In addition, Jessica was NOT on fire when paramedics arrived, so it could be she had gotten out of the car and rolled to put out the flames but was still burned on 98% of her body. Jessica had obviously been on fire at some point, and with the car engulfed in flames, she may have been left in it to die.

http://fox13now.com/2014/12/10/burned-mississippi-teens-phone-key-to-finding-killer-prosecutor-says/

Here are a few pertinent excerpts:

[snip]

The volunteer fire department that responded to her car blaze Saturday night got there quickly because it was at another call a couple of miles away, said John Champion, district attorney for Mississippi&#8217;s 17th Circuit.

When firefighters arrived, Chambers approached one of them and spoke. She was not on fire, as has been widely reported, the prosecutor said.

Champion didn&#8217;t divulge what she said but told CNN, &#8220;It has certainly given us a lead we&#8217;re following up on.&#8221;

Though authorities are releasing sparse details of the crime and investigation, they have determined an accelerant was used in the blaze, but it&#8217;s not clear whether the accelerant was poured on the car or Chambers herself, Champion said.

[snip]

Investigators believe her phone will be &#8220;the key to everything,&#8221; the prosecutor said. She received a call before she left her house, he said.

[snip]

Police have also spoken to partygoers, who don&#8217;t recall seeing her there, he said. The prosecutor also said investigators found no evidence in a store surveillance video that appears to show Chambers pre-paying for gas. She walks to the store&#8217;s front door when something or someone catches her attention.

She waves and walks off camera briefly, comes back into the camera&#8217;s view, enters the store where three men chat by the doorway and spends about a minute at the counter before going back outside and pumping gas.

The business, which Champion characterized as a rural mom-and-pop store, is about two miles from Chamber&#8217;s home. She purchased something to drink there, the prosecutor said.

<snip> Clerk Ali Alsanai was working the gas station's counter when Chambers arrived.

"She was normal that day," he said. "She just pumped the gas like she always does. She left, then two hours later, we all heard. If something was going on, she would have told me. She would have told me she was having a problem with someone. She was smiling, and she left, and that's the last time I saw her."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/10/authorities-jessica-chambers-last-hours/20196555/

This case has left me dumbfounded at the unspeakable brutality that humans can inflict upon one another. I've composed and deleted countless posts, words escaping me as I try to find a way to express the absolute horror I feel at all this beautiful soul suffered in her last moments on this earth. It leaves me breathless, as a mother, to imagine anyone inflicting such damage upon my child. I'm bereft, and can only ask, along with you all, "Why?"

What did this beautiful girl do to deserve this? The simple answer is: NOTHING! Nothing will ever justify what happened to her on that lonely road that night, and it never will in my mind, or in my heart. :no:

To her family, I offer my deepest condolences on the loss of their bright shining star. I join my fellow WSers in the pursuit of justice in her name. I pray that all that participated in this cruel, heinous act shall pay the highest price the law allows. Anything less is unacceptable.

My tears flow tonight, for the loss of innocence I feel. It is something I can't quite describe, but it is an ache that I don't think will ever go away. Knowing that this kind of crime has happened signals a kind of evil that I always knew lurked about out there, but was the stuff of nightmares. Reading of the latest posts of other similar cases lets me know that the hate that exists in parts of our nation, chills me to the bone. For my children and I could easily be targets of such a crime (of that's what this is....).

How in the world do I explain this to them?

:praying:

#JusticeForJessica

:rose:

I hear you. I have posted with you on many cases. Your posts are both informative and heartfelt. I dont think we can explain this world to our young one's. I guess we can pray we have given the tools to keep them safe. Given that it is not an answer. Thankfully these cases are far and few between. I wish I/we had an answer. We cant be fearful we must go in life. If not for ourselves but the Victims we care so much about. Yes evil does exist. Sadly. This case is so brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missTaken16