MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LeahBethFOX13 34s
A lot of the same questions other responders answered. Perkins says he also heard #JessicaChambers say "Eric" or "Derrick" at the scene.

@LeahBethFOX13
Perkins is reading his report to the jury for the defense. Says in the report he thought he heard #JessicaChambers say "Eric."

@LeahBethFOX13 38s
Perkins testimony complete. State calls Daryl House, deputy with Panola Co. Sheriff's Dept. #JessicaChambers

*@LeahBethFOX13 11s
Defense now cross-examining House #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 21s
House says he got in ambulance and spoke to #JessicaChambers. She told him "Eric" did this to her.

@LeahBethFOX13 3s
State calls Chuck Tucker, deputy with Panola Co. Sheriff's Dept. #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 1m
Tucker testifies that has known #JessicaChambers since she was a baby. Says she told him "Eric" did this to her. Said he was black.

@LeahBethFOX13 13s
Tucker's testimony complete. State calls Edward Dixon, another deputy with the Panola Co. Sheriff's Dept. #JessicaChambers

Has it been brought up yet what specific accelerant was used to set alight Jessica, as well as her automobile?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

@LeahBethFOX13 8m
Dixon describing the photographs he took on scene of crime, what he did to investigate area #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 7m
Dixon looking at photos he took on scene of crime. Lighters, cell phone, car #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 2m
Dixon showing jurors the evidence he found on scene. Describing position of two lighters found near car #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 3m
Dixon said that night he didn't know that he had found #JessicaChambers phone, but later confirmed it was hers.

FYI: Just letting you guys know, I'll have to bow out to the tweets in an hour. Family must be fed. :shame:

@LeahBethFOX13 5m
State entering this silver can as evidence for jurors to see #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 3m
Clarification: I *think* this can has evidence inside. Don't think it was recovered on scene. Trying to clarify further.

@LeahBethFOX13 3s
State questioning Dixon about what he did to investigate #JessicaChambers vehicle, looking at photos.

@LeahBethFOX13 24s
Photos inside burnt car. Shows passenger side seat reclined--remember state said yesterday Tellis said they had sex in car #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 13s
Judge taking afternoon recess. 15 minutes #JessicaChambers

I think that's it for me today folks! Hope someone else can pick up the tweets. Have a good one!

Has it been brought up yet what specific accelerant was used to set alight Jessica, as well as her automobile?

No clue on the specifics of the accelerant but one of the responders noticed a can of Freon in her car.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

go easy on me, but the prosecution, who is prosecuting QT for the state here, is the one asking the witnesses on the stand what they may have heard Jessica say when asked who did this to her, and most of them are answering with "eric" or similar... I got that part correct, right?

the state must have known this already, that the witnesses would answer thusly, so what's going on? What am I missing? I don't drink coffee but maybe I need some.

I don't quite get the prosecution agenda either. These are all Pros. witnesses, all basically saying the same thing. They are not going to try to impeach their own witnesses, and she was lucid enough to try to answer questions and even, in her trauma, recognized the one deputy who has known her forever. Way too early, but this "Eric" business favors the defense. I'm surprised that no one asked JC if what she said was ERIC. She obviously could hear better than she could speak. JMO

I don't quite get the prosecution agenda either. These are all Pros. witnesses, all basically saying the same thing. They are not going to try to impeach their own witnesses, and she was lucid enough to try to answer questions and even, in her trauma, recognized the one deputy who has known her forever. Way too early, but this "Eric" business favors the defense. I'm surprised that no one asked JC if what she said was ERIC. She obviously could hear better than she could speak. JMO
Very good point. I get the fact that they would want to put it out there that several responders heard her say Eric but to have almost 10 of them seems bad for their case.

In the state's opening, Pros stated that after QT picked up his sister's vehicle, he grabbed gasoline from his shed to set JC & her car on fire

Very good point. I get the fact that they would want to put it out there that several responders heard her say Eric but to have almost 10 of them seems bad for their case.

They had to call them because if they didn't, the Defense would. This way they can control the questioning. Defense can really only address what has already been addressed. Pros. may have deliberately NOT asked specific questions. JMO

They had to call them because if they didn't, the Defense would. This way they can control the questioning. Defense can really only address what has already been addressed. Pros. may have deliberately NOT asked specific questions. JMO
I completely agree with what you said, it's just that I have never seen so many individuals called to repeat the same thing.

[video=twitter;918206842190229504]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/918206842190229504[/video]
[video=twitter;918206881788653569]https://twitter.com/LawNewzNetwork/status/918206881788653569[/video]

[video=twitter;918208817124511744]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/918208817124511744[/video]

Witness: Cross by Defense

lighters collected, but excluded - old & not lighting

beer cans collected, but excluded - rusty, not related to scene

excluded items by visual inspection

witness says, it's common sense

[video=twitter;918209773610373121]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/918209773610373121[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomitten