GUILTY MS - Katelyn Beard, 17, Jackson, 31 August 2014

<snip>

I wish I could remember the name, but just a couple of months ago there was a similar looking girl who was reported as missing/endangered in Jackson. She was not from the area, but had been spotted at a local hotel (can't remember if it was by friend or family), but they said she was not there willingly. They felt she was being controlled. I'm not saying it's the same girl, but it did immediately come to mind when it first showed up. It makes me shudder to think about what might be going on here. These kids come up from rural areas and don't realize what they are really getting mixed up in. I'm wondering if she might have been trying to get away (escape) from something very bad. JMO

Two of you mentioning something similar (and her looking familiar) got me trying to hunt...darn that's been tricky!

This was the only one I've found that seemed possible so far...(as once she was found then it all seemed to go hush-hush into some sort of investigation) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...inbotham-14-Jackson-5-30-14&highlight=jackson

Two of you mentioning something similar (and her looking familiar) got me trying to hunt...darn that's been tricky!

This was the only one I've found that seemed possible so far...(as once she was found then it all seemed to go hush-hush into some sort of investigation) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...inbotham-14-Jackson-5-30-14&highlight=jackson

This is exactly the one I was thinking of!! I'm glad to know she has been found. We have not heard that discussed in the local press, which is fine if she is safe and hopefully getting help. I do have to wonder about trafficking in some of these cases. JMO.

In the comments there is fury that it took so long to get an amber alert out. Praying for her, wish we had more info

I live in Mississippi (Bay St. Louis) and we received the alerts on our phones last night. The national alert system for phones is a great idea, but it provided no information. The local news wasn't reporting it. Finally, about an hour after we received the alert, there was some information up on the National Amber Alert website, but it said the perp was 35 years old and no photos or license number were provided. This system needs to be greatly improved! Had we been out driving last night, armed with the correct information, we could have been on the lookout. As it was, all we could do was ... exactly nothing.

I'm also in MS (coast). I am originally from Greene County, where Katelyn is from, but I do not know her. My thoughts and prayers go out to Katelyn and her family. I do not expect this to end well.

I live in Mississippi (Bay St. Louis) and we received the alerts on our phones last night. The national alert system for phones is a great idea, but it provided no information. The local news wasn't reporting it. Finally, about an hour after we received the alert, there was some information up on the National Amber Alert website, but it said the perp was 35 years old and no photos or license number were provided. This system needs to be greatly improved! Had we been out driving last night, armed with the correct information, we could have been on the lookout. As it was, all we could do was ... exactly nothing.

Yes, it was frustrating. I was with family and was able to tell them what I thought it was about. My daughter had clicked something to get more info and she told me it said the AA was for Myra Lewis. Since that one is still active, I guess it was listed. Anyway, it's a great alert system but it needs improvement. Sadly, I think they were never far from where they started. But where is she now?

I'm also in MS (coast). I am originally from Greene County, where Katelyn is from, but I do not know her. My thoughts and prayers go out to Katelyn and her family. I do not expect this to end well.
My niece goes to GCHS, but she does not know her.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...yne-thompson-arrested-katelyn-beard/14945461/

Late Monday, police were searching a rural area near Pocahontas for signs of the missing teen...

A cadaver dog brought in from Columbus did not locate a body near Beard's car or in the neighborhood. Vance said he hadn't seen the report on the condition of the vehicle, so he was not able to say if it looked like Beard had been transported in the front seat, the back seat, or the trunk.

Pocahontas is about 12 miles north of 4244 Lynda Street in Jackson, the house where Katelyn was abducted.

The WJTV FB page has people in the comments section saying she is dead, the parents put it out there last night?

the comments are saying the family is posting RIP, he told them where she is but its 100 acres so i guess he's showing them. So sad.

LOVE seeing my MS friends and neighbors here on WS. I thought I was the only sleuther around here.

Clarion-Ledger reporter Therese Apel is reporting that police came down the road to a spot with lights going and have strung crime scene tape across the road. They were looking at something just off the shoulder of the road.

@TRex21: Police stringing crime scene tape across the road. Madison County SO and JPD on scene.
http://t.co/KWPu1BvaZR

As far as the comments by family last night that she was deceased, I think that is based on the rumor that she was shot in the neck and put in the trunk when he fled the scene. There was a witness, but his story is unconfirmed at this time. Therese Apel reported that she had an interview, but was checking facts and getting confirmations. She refused to jump the gun just to be first. Kudos to her for her dedication to truth in journalism.Also, I wonder if the suspect might have told them that she is deceased.

Lots of foolishness on FB. Please, please, please....if you read the comments on the news pages, please understand that people like myself do not even get into that fray. Please don't judge us all by the comments there. I wish they would just disable the comments because of the ignorance. The people that I personally interact with on a daily basis are no where near that ignorant.

ETA: latest tweet: @WLBT: AMBER ALERT UPDATE: Coroner called to the scene of search http://t.co/KVs1MWwyDV http://t.co/dGo7Jo1u75

So sad.

Rest peacefully Katelyn :rose:

Condolences to her family and friends

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member