GUILTY MS - Katelyn Beard, 17, Jackson, 31 August 2014

I should probably stay off facebook, but the family was saying she was dead on the 31st, that's when the amber alert went out. They wouldn't have issued an amber alert if LE could tell by the amount of blood found that she was dead, right?

In another missing person's case here on WS, a great deal of bloodstained floorcovering, as well as bone fragments of a missing man have been found. Police are still reluctant to state he's dead though. I think while there was the slightest chance Katelyn might be alive, they had to put out the alert, myself.

RIP young Katelyn!

I hate this. Everyone deserves a life free of violence and abuse.
Prayers for all who love her.

jmo

just coming on to this thread.......so sad for her and her family. Too young. Her photo is endearing-
Rest in Peace darling Katelyn.

Damn it.

Far too young, fly with the angels dear child.

Does anyone know why there was such a big delay on issuing the alert?

Far too young, fly with the angels dear child.

Does anyone know why there was such a big delay on issuing the alert?

sarx-you are a comforting presence here-I agree-what was the darned delay

" Heavenly Father'' , while not exclusively an LDS thing, they use it a lot. Hopefully their church will provide them with a lot of comfort in the times ahead.

R.I.P. Katelyn. You deserved so much more.

Very sad news. Rest in peace Katelyn. :heartbeat:

Heartbreaking piece with a lot of info / quotes from her mother . Katelyn knew the perp for 10 days.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/09/02/katelyn-beards-mother-death-baby/14982941/

Wow - sounds like it wasn't just an ear-witness to the shooting but really was an eye witness. Knowing she'd been shot AND seen taken away (as in not just LE putting those pieces together)

Beard's body was found on Tuesday after witnesses told police she'd been shot and taken away in her own car. This kicked off a statewide Amber Alert on Sunday, with police saying she was injured and in grave need of medical help.

1409694509000-photo.JPG

And the picture is crazy! They do look quite a lot alike - and there is no way based on the picture, at least, I'd ever imagine that was her mom! I mean, her mom said she had her very young, but at least in that picture, she looks like she could be her sister and nearly the same age!

Her daughter was her mirror image, Keys said. The two look so much alike that as she drove to Jackson from Greene County on Tuesday morning, a convenience store clerk looked at her, then at the newspaper, and told her, "That girl in the paper looks just like you."

I suspect he'll do everything possible to avoid looking her mom's direction...

"I will be in court every time he's there. I want him to look at me and see her face and think about her and what he did to her every time he goes to court," she said.

I suspect this may be what was behind LE saying she was shot and seriously injured from the very beginning:

Katelyn Beard's body just put in coroner's vehicle. Chief Vance says she was shot in the head

https://twitter.com/JessicaBowmanTV/status/506835928577761280

Guessing there was probably evidence indicating a GSW to the head in the residence (and then that also being why they switched entirely and were saying they were looking for her body and not her once they found the car) :(

Condolences to the family & friends of Katelyn from another Mississippi girl. Such a senseless tragedy.
:rose:

I posted above about an early news story that called her a "missing woman" had her listed as 20 years old. I think the delay may have been due to confusion about her age when the event happened. Perhaps she told witnesses she was 20 and police took their word, or maybe she had a fake ID they found. Regardless, it seems it may have sadly been too late even if they had the Alert issued earlier. :(

ETA: this was supposed to quote above posters who asked about the delay in the AA. Not sure how I messed that up!

Breazy took the words out of my mouth, from yet another Mississippi girl, my heart goes out to Katelyn's family & friends. She was taken way too young & in one of the worst possible ways. I pray that her mom, dad, grandmother, younger siblings, and extended family are able to somehow find peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back