GUILTY MS - Kingston Frazier, 7, Jackson, 18 May 2017 *Arrests*

a small child though... to overkill this child would only be a message to his family.

In an attempt to reconcile the car thieves arrival at Kroger as being the same time KF was left alone inside a vehicle, I'm led to believe that KF was a targeted hit. The local youths shot KF six times. That sent a powerful message to someone.

3 accused in child's death held over for grand jury action

Associated Press
JEFF AMY
Associated Press June 26, 2017

Madison County Justice Court Judge Bruce McKinley ruled that 19-year-old Byron McBride, 17-year-old D'Allen Washington and 17-year-old Dwan Wakefield should remain jailed until a grand jury meets to consider indictments in the May 18 death of Kingston Frazier. All three are charged with capital murder and faced separate hearings Monday.

.... Wakefield told authorities the three teens went to the parking lot of a Kroger supermarket so Wakefield could sell marijuana to another person. There, Wakefield told investigators, McBride found a car unlocked and running and decided to steal it.

.... In Wakefield's version of events, Wakefield asked McBride to instead drop Frazier off alive. Later, Wakefield and Washington picked McBride up ....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-accused-childs-death-held-over-grand-jury-194541643.html

Frazier's mother, Ebony Archie, attended Monday's court proceeding.

3 accused in child's death held over for grand jury action
Jeff Amy, Associated Press
Updated 2:48 pm, Monday, June 26, 2017

Tom Fortner, Wakefield's lawyer, dismissed the claims that Wakefield and Washington had accompanied McBride, noting there are two witnesses and two video recordings that support Wakefield's story that he and Washington went elsewhere — after McBride stole the car — to complete Wakefield's marijuana sale.

"There's no evidence to indicate my client participated before the fact in this killing," Fortner said.
.... investigators could finish analyzing evidence within the next four weeks, and .... seek indictments between August and October.

.... one of McBride's versions of events, Weeks said, Wakefield and Washington followed him and that when McBride pulled over on the side of Interstate 55, it was Washington who shot Frazier. But Weeks testified that in a later statement, McBride acknowledged killing the boy.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/cr...child-s-death-to-appear-in-court-11246281.php

I was quoting dedee, they think the three recent murders in Jackson area are connected, but I just don't see it.

Hiya. The three separate cases of horrific murders in MS happened close in time to one another. The actual connection, as is being revealed, is merely that fact of occurring close in time. The barber who was shot was KFs great uncle. The 30yo who was decapitated has no connections to these three young guys that killed KF, as far as I know.

I haven't checked on the status of those other two cases recently but should.

Google Alert - sharing: another article of what DeDee posted - she beat me to it! :)

Kingston Frazier slaying: Capital murder case moves forward
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2017/06/26/kingston-frazier-murder-case/424524001/

According to testimony in Monday morning's court hearing, the three suspects went to the Kroger parking lot near Wendy's restaurant to sell a $10 bag of marijuana to someone in the parking lot. During a phone call, McBride allegedly told Wakefield, "I'm going to off the kid."
[.....]
Weeks testified that Wakefield said McBride told him he was stealing the Toyota Camry to get back to his home in Holmes County.
Weeks testified Wakefield said McBride called him while traveling on I-55 North and told him a child was in the car. Weeks said Wakefield said he told McBride to drop the child off somewhere but that McBride said he was "going to off the kid."
[.....]
Weeks testified that information gained through the investigation showed the stolen vehicle had run out of gas and that McBride asked Wakefield and Washington to come pick him up. They picked him up in the same silver Honda Civic seen in a surveillance video from the Kroger parking lot when Archie's vehicle was stolen with her child in the backseat.

Weeks said Wakefield and McBride gave conflicting statements on whether they all knew a child was in the vehicle when it was stolen.
McBride told authorities that, after he went over near the vehicle, he came back and told Wakefield and Washington that a child was in the vehicle and they encouraged him to go ahead and steal it.
Wakefield told authorities McBride came back to the Honda Civic and got some items belonging to him but didn't say anything about a child being in the vehicle.
[.....]
Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Pamela Hancock and Madison-Rankin District Attorney Michael Guest handled the prosecution in the preliminary hearings.
Guest said the investigation hasn't been completed and he doesn't know if the capital murder charge could be reduced against Wakefield and Washington. He said only McBride could face a possible death penalty. Wakefield and Washington, because they were under the age of 18 at the time of the crime, can't face a death penalty. They could be sentenced to life in prison, however, if convicted of capital murder.
Guest said he expects the case to go to a grand jury in late August or September.

More in the article!

thanks for the update! there was no disrespect intended. I didn't see the connection with the decapitation. but all ideas should be thrown around :)

Hiya. The three separate cases of horrific murders in MS happened close in time to one another. The actual connection, as is being revealed, is merely that fact of occurring close in time. The barber who was shot was KFs great uncle. The 30yo who was decapitated has no connections to these three young guys that killed KF, as far as I know.

I haven't checked on the status of those other two cases recently but should.

:bump: up - haven't found anything "new" since June 27th.....

:waiting:

JUSTICE for KINGSTON! :rose:

:judge:

Google Alert - sharing

Bond motion denied for suspect in Kingston Frazier case
http://wjtv.com/2017/07/31/bond-motion-denied-for-suspect-in-kingston-frazier-case/

MADISON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) — One of the three suspects charged in connection with the murder of 6-year-old Kingston Frazier was denied bond Monday morning.
Dwan Wakefield’s attorney, Tom Fortner, tells WJTV that his client’s motion hearing was held in Madison Circuit Court.
Fortner said the bond motion was denied. Wakefield is still being held without bond.
[.....]
Fortner said the investigation about Kingston’s death is still underway. He expects it to be complete in about a month. Once the investigation is finished, the case will be sent to a grand jury.

So, it looks like it won't go to the Grand Jury until probably September.

Teen Accused Of Killing 6-Year-Old Kingston Frazier Uses Drug Deal As Alibi
One of the teens charged with capital murder in the death of 6-year-old Kingston Frazier could not have shot the child, his lawyer argued, because he was selling marijuana at the time. Dwan Wakefield Jr., 17, was charged with the murder in May (...)

“We can probably prove that he was not present in Madison County when the child was shot in this case because he was at a Wendy’s hamburger place on Northside Drive in Jackson, selling a $10 bag of marijuana to a young man,” his defense lawyer, Thomas Forner, said during a bond hearing, according to documents obtained last week by the Clarion-Ledger. “And that young man, his name and contact information was given to the police by my client. And my understanding is that the police have talked to him, and he does, in fact, confirm that my client sold him $10 worth of marijuana.”

Google Alert - sharing

Bond motion denied for suspect in Kingston Frazier case
http://wjtv.com/2017/07/31/bond-motion-denied-for-suspect-in-kingston-frazier-case/

MADISON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) — One of the three suspects charged in connection with the murder of 6-year-old Kingston Frazier was denied bond Monday morning.
Dwan Wakefield’s attorney, Tom Fortner, tells WJTV that his client’s motion hearing was held in Madison Circuit Court.
Fortner said the bond motion was denied. Wakefield is still being held without bond.
[.....]
Fortner said the investigation about Kingston’s death is still underway. He expects it to be complete in about a month. Once the investigation is finished, the case will be sent to a grand jury.

So, it looks like it won't go to the Grand Jury until probably September.

Attorney Tom Fortner is no stranger to high profile cases. Must be some money in DWs family.

"Tom Fortner represents clients in criminal cases in all federal and state courts throughout the State of Mississippi. He is the former Public Defender for Jackson County and Hinds County, Mississippi. Tom has been representing citizens accused of all types of felony crimes for over 33 years, and he has tried hundreds of cases to verdict before juries. He graduated from undergraduate school at Tulane University in 1975 and received his law degree from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1981."
http://www.lowreyandfortnerlaw.com/attorneys/thomas-fortner/

Anyone heard anything on this? TIA! :wave:

another :bump: for Kingston!

Haven't read the articles you posted Bushnell, but here's one I found:

6 MONTHS LATER: Suspects in Kingston Frazier murder set to go before grand jury
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/3683...on-frazier-murder-set-to-go-before-grand-jury

MADISON COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
At the end of November, a Madison County grand jury will hear the case against three men accused of murdering a 6-year-old boy.
[.....]
Madison County DA Michael Guest says after the grand jury meets this month and the suspects are indicted, he plans to speak with Kingston's family about whether or not to seek the death penalty.

Suspect in Kingston Frazier killing released from jail on bond

http://www.wapt.com/article/suspect-in-kingston-frazier-killing-released-from-jail-on-bond/13789824

Circuit Court Judge William Chapman set a $275,000 bond for Dwan Wakefield during a hearing Thursday, Madison County Assistant District Attorney Bryan Buckley said. Wakefield is charged with capital murder for his alleged role in the May shooting that killed the 6-year-old.
[.....]
Wakefield, Byron McBride and D’Allen Washington were arrested and each charged with capital murder. The other two suspects remain jailed without bond.
[.....]
On Wednesday the judge issued an order and a $275,000 bond for Wakefield, Buckley said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back