GUILTY MS - Kingston Frazier, 7, Jackson, 18 May 2017 *Arrests*

Monday, April 23rd:
*Trial was set to begin DELAYED! - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017-killed by 3 carjackers) for Byron McBride, Jr. (19) charged & indicted on capital murder, kidnapping, and possession of stolen property; held without bond, could get DP. Prosecutors say he is the one who kidnapped Kingston in his mother's car, and shot and killed him.
DeAllen Washington (17) charged & indicted on accessory after the fact of murder, kidnapping, and motor vehicle theft; accused of helping McBride after Kingston's murder. Held without bond, could face 45 years in prison. DeAllen pled guilty (2/5/18) to accessory after the fact to kidnapping & will testify against McBride; he should be scheduled for release within the next 36 months. Sentencing delayed from March 26 to September after he testifies.
Dwan Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Could face up to 45 years in prison. 3/27/18: Judge set bond at $275K with electronic monitoring & can not leave State. Settlement Conf. 9/22/18, trial set for 10/22-29/18.
4/20/18 update: 19-year-old Byron McBride's trial was expected to start next week, but it has been postponed. The defense filed a motion to have a mental evaluation done. No new trial date given.

I can't seem to find a link the Madison County Miss. court records to see if there might be a trial date set for McBride. Anyone else have any luck?

TIA! :wave:

** Caution ** Sensitive material **

Please read with caution, at the links provided, also the links included in the link below.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/38209599/kingston-frazier-a-year-later

Court documents show that D Wakefield told investigators that McBride called them after he stole the car and told them there was a child inside.

D Wakefield has been out free on bond.

... images show him enjoying cruises to Mexico and family time.

It shows Wakefield on family vacations, enjoying time with friends and it even shows t-shirts that were printed up proclaiming "Free da Kidd" with Wakefield's image displayed in the center.

“When Mr. McBride gets into the car, he tells Washington and Wakefield that he has killed Kingston Frazier,” said Madison County DA MG. “They apparently did not believe him. At which time, according to Mr. Washington's statement, he said Mr. McBride showed him a photo of the child. That's how they knew Byron McBride had killed Kingston Frazier.”

Wakefield and McBride are scheduled for trial October 22.

However, because McBride is facing the death penalty, it's unlikely that his case will start before next year.

Court Documents
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...rary/f7b8a1cd-bdb4-4cf6-92a5-0ed74763059b.pdf

WATCH LIVE: Hear from the family of Kingston Frazier on the one year anniversary of the tragic murder

https://www.facebook.com/WLBT3/vide...=1526650409435241&notif_t=live_video_explicit

Kingston's mother, Ebony Archie, is quiet-spoken so headphones may be required. The father is present. However, he does not speak except for a very few limited words at the beginning and near the end. Many supporters of the family stand behind them and several of them speak.
Kingston's mother left Social Media due to the effect of negativity. The mother states she can forgive the killers due to a "strong will inside".

D Wakefield's attorney, Tom Fortner's only child, a daughter, was killed on Friday in Jackson, MS on her way to graduation exercise practice.

NOVEMBER 17, 2017
Instead, they were forced to watch online and on TV as he walked out of jail a free man.

“Who dropped the ball? What happened?” one family member said. “We can not just do these types of things in secret. Let’s be out in the open. Let’s talk about what is taking place when it comes to crimes here in the city, in this state.”

Wakefield’s attorney, Tom Fortner, also said the family should have been notified.
http://wreg.com/2017/11/17/capital-murder-suspect-linked-to-mississippi-boys-death-released-on-bond/

Statement from Laurilyn and Tom Fortner about their daughter, Frances Anne Fortner:

Frances was the light of our lives and we are devastated by her loss. As all who knew her are aware, she was a smart, talented and beautiful young lady who was also kind, generous and funny. The most important thing in her life were her many friends at Jackson Academy and throughout the community. We are so grateful for them, for the outpouring of love and support shown by so many people in response to this tragedy, and for the 18 years we shared with our precious and irreplaceable daughter.

Frances loved ballet and danced from the age of 3. She joined Ballet Mississippi when the family moved to Jackson in 2009 and became a principal dancer, appearing in many roles during her tenure. She was artistically talented and won or was recognized in many school-level and district art competitions. This past year, she served as editor of the Jackson Academy student newspaper and had been accepted to attend the University of Missouri and its prestigious journalism school in the fall. She loved animals and was especially fond of children, who returned her affection.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/3822...of-ja-senior-in-tragic-ridgewood-rd-car-crash

Thanks for those article DeDee! That's such a shame about Fortner's daughter! :(

Has anyone seen any updates on the mental evaluation on McBride? Personally, I haven't seen anything "recent".

TIA!

Sentencing date reset for suspect in Kingston Frazier case
MADISON COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

The sentencing date has been reset for one of three suspects involved in the death of 6-year-old Kingston Frazier.

The sentencing for D'Allen Washington has been reset for July 23 at 9:00 a.m.
According to the Madison County Circuit Clerk, it is in the best interest of justice for his sentencing date to be moved.

And then on the other one, Dwan Wakefield is in court on Sept. 22nd which is a Saturday according to my notes. No date for McBride, where trial was supposed to start April 23rd - or did I miss an update? The defense filed a motion to have a mental evaluation done. :)

Monday, July 23rd:
*Sentencing Hearing - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017-killed by 3 carjackers) only for *DeAllen Tyreek Washington (17) charged & indicted (5/18/17) on accessory after the fact of murder, kidnapping, and motor vehicle theft; accused of helping McBride after Kingston's murder. Held without bond, could face 15 years in prison with plea deal.
2/5/18 plead guilty to accessory after the fact to kidnapping, will testify against 2 others. Was supposed to be sentenced on March 26, delayed to October, after he testifies in McBride trial.
On 7/18/18 sentencing moved to 7/23 in the interest of Justice.

Accomplices:
*Dwan Diondro Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring. Back in court on 9/22 will either plead guilty or not guilty, trial starts 10/22 to 29.

*Byron DeLance McBride, Jr. (19) charged & indicted (5/18/17) on capital murder, kidnapping, and possession of stolen property; held without bond, could get DP. Prosecutors say he is the one who kidnapped Kingston in his mother's car, and shot and killed him. Trial on April 23rd was delayed. 4/20/18 update: 19-year-old Byron McBride's trial was expected to start next week (4/23/18), but it has been postponed. The defense filed a motion to have a mental evaluation done. No new trial date given. No update as of 7/21

D'Allen Washington sentenced in Kingston Frazier case

MADISON COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

D'Allen Washington has been sentenced to 20 years in prison, with five years suspended, for his involvement in the death of 6-year-old Kingston Frazier.
In February, Washington pleaded guilty to one count of accessory after the fact of kidnapping in Kingston Frazier's death.
[.....]
According to the Madison County District Attorney's office, Washington played a minimal role.
Bryan Buckley was at the sentencing and he saw today as another step in getting another accused.
"This was one of three defendants and this guy is the least culpable, meaning he is the least involved," said Buckley. "Because with his testimony, we confirmed that his testimony matches all the evidence. We feel good now about our ability to go after the death penalty on Byron McBride."
McBride is charged with capital murder.

Looks like I forgot to post this.... a little late, but hey - better late than never! :)

Saturday, September 22nd:
*Settlement Conference hearing - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017-killed by 3 carjackers) only for *Dwan Diondro Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult.
Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring. Madison County-can’t access
Back in court on 9/22 will either plead guilty or not guilty today, trial starts 10/22 to 29.
*Byron DeLance McBride, Jr. (19) charged & indicted (5/18/17) on capital murder, kidnapping, and possession of stolen property; held without bond, could get DP. Prosecutors say he is the one who kidnapped Kingston in his mother's car, and shot and killed him. Trial on April 23rd was delayed. 4/20/18 update: 19-year-old Byron McBride's trial was expected to start next week (4/23/18), but it has been postponed. The defense filed a motion to have a mental evaluation done. No new trial date given. No update as of 9/29.
*DeAllen Tyreek Washington (17) charged & indicted (5/18/17) on accessory after the fact of murder, kidnapping, and motor vehicle theft; accused of helping McBride after Kingston's murder. Held without bond, could face 15 years in prison with plea deal; 2/5/18 plead guilty to accessory after the fact to kidnapping, will testify against 2 others. Was supposed to be sentenced on March 26, delayed to October, after he testifies in McBride trial. On 7/18/18 motion to move sentencing to 7/23/18 granted in the interest of Justice. Sentenced to 20 years with 5 years suspended in prison.

Not sure is is going on today - but will post anyway....

Monday, October 22nd:

*Trial set to begin - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017-killed by 3 carjackers) only for *Dwan Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring.
Trial starts 10/22 to 29th.
Accomplices:
*Byron DeLance McBride, Jr. (19) charged & indicted on capital murder, kidnapping, and possession of stolen property; held without bond, could get DP. Prosecutors say he is the one who kidnapped Kingston in his mother's car, and shot and killed him. Trial on April 23rd was delayed. 4/20/18 update: 19-year-old Byron McBride's trial was expected to start next week (4/23/18), but it has been postponed. The defense filed a motion to have a mental evaluation done. No new trial date given. No update as of 7/21.
*DeAllen Washington (17) charged & indicted on accessory after the fact of murder, kidnapping, and motor vehicle theft; accused of helping McBride after Kingston's murder. Held without bond, could face 15 years in prison with plea deal; 2/5/18 plead guilty to accessory after the fact to kidnapping, will testify against 2 others. Was sentenced on 7/23/18-received 20 years with 5 years suspended in prison.

@DeDee - I see you could find some court stuff - do you know IF this trial is going on?

TIA! :)

Anyone following this??!!

Can't believe we have forgotten about Kingston....

Tried googling this - and NOTHING is coming up! Not even the papers want to follow this trial - IF there is a trial going on.... frustrating to say the least.

So - I'll keep posting this until someone tells me different! :)

Wednesday, Oct. 24th:
*Trial Continues (Day 3) - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017-killed by 3 carjackers) only for *Dwan Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring.
10/22/18 Update Day 1: No info available.
10/23/18 Update Day 2: No info available.

Accomplices:
*Byron DeLance McBride, Jr. (19) charged & indicted on capital murder, kidnapping, and possession of stolen property; held without bond, could get DP. Prosecutors say he is the one who kidnapped Kingston in his mother's car, and shot and killed him. Trial on April 23rd was delayed. 4/20/18 update: 19-year-old Byron McBride's trial was expected to start next week (4/23/18), but it has been postponed. The defense filed a motion to have a mental evaluation done. No new trial date given. No update as of 7/21.
*DeAllen Washington (17) charged & indicted on accessory after the fact of murder, kidnapping, and motor vehicle theft; accused of helping McBride after Kingston's murder. Held without bond, could face 15 years in prison with plea deal; 2/5/18 plead guilty to accessory after the fact to kidnapping, will testify against 2 others. Was sentenced on 7/23/18-received 20 years with 5 years suspended in prison.

Thursday, Oct. 25th:
*Trial Continues (Day 4) - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017-killed by 3 carjackers) only for *Dwan Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring.
10/22/18 Update Day 1: No info available.
10/23/18 Update Day 2: No info available.
10/24/18 Update Day 3: No info available.

Accomplices:

96x32px-LL-981dcebe_help.gif

@JerseyGirl - can you access Mississippi court sites? to see if this trial is going on? I don't know who else to ask? TIA!

I don't think there is any chance the trial is happening without ANY media reporting on it. I can't find a single mention anywhere.

Thank you for checking MsFacetious!

Yes, I was surprised not finding anything on this case....

I shall put it "on hold"! :)

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif
up for Kingston!

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon, @Eleven_11, @MsFacetious

No access to this court site either!
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

I have:
Monday, October 22nd:
*Trial was set to begin No trial - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017, Jackson-killed by 3 carjackers)- only for *Dwan Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring. Madison County-no access Trial starts 10/22 to 29th.
Back in court on 9/22 will either plead guilty or not guilty today, trial starts 10/22 to 29. No info on whether he plead guilty or not.

*Byron DeLance McBride, Jr. (19) charged & indicted (5/18/17) on capital murder, kidnapping, and possession of stolen property; held without bond, could get DP. Prosecutors say he is the one who kidnapped Kingston in his mother's car, and shot and killed him. Trial on April 23rd was delayed. 4/20/18 update: 19-year-old Byron McBride's trial was expected to start next week (4/23/18), but it has been postponed. The defense filed a motion to have a mental evaluation done. No new trial date given. No update as of 8/2.
*DeAllen Tyreek Washington (17) charged & indicted (5/18/17) on accessory after the fact of murder, kidnapping, and motor vehicle theft; accused of helping McBride after Kingston's murder. Held without bond, could face 15 years in prison with plea deal; 2/5/18 plead guilty to accessory after the fact to kidnapping, will testify against 2 others. Was supposed to be sentenced on March 26, delayed to October, after he testifies in McBride trial. On 7/18/18 motion to move sentencing to 7/23/18 granted in the interest of Justice. Sentenced to 20 years with 5 years suspended in prison.

Thanks everyone! :)

Mcbride is the only one that I still see as being in Madison County. I don't see Wakefield anywhere, not even in VINE or the MS DOC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back