GUILTY MS - Kingston Frazier, 7, Jackson, 18 May 2017 *Arrests*

I also asked my contact. He said the electronic filing system for Madison County is for civil only. I struck out.

Monday, October 28th:
*Trial set to begin (@ am CT) - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017, Jackson-killed by 3 carjackers) - only for *Dwan Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Plead not guilty. Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring.
Trial set to begin on 10/28.
*Byron DeLance McBride, Jr. (19) - 8/29/19: Plead guilty & was sentenced to life without parole.
*DeAllen Tyreek Washington (17) - 2/5/18: Plead guilty to accessory after the fact to kidnapping, will testify against 2 others. On 7/18/18 motion to move sentencing to 7/23/18 granted in the interest of Justice. Sentenced to 20 years with 5 years suspended in prison.

This little bit right here....
He maintains his innocence in this case.

This is the one who really should have known better, IMO. Not that the rest shouldn't have also, but this one had things going for him that the others did not. He is also the one that went on a cruise while he was out on bail and I never quite figured out how that happened or why it was allowed. I do think they eventually re-arrested him and denied him another bond.

Trial for Dwan Wakefield scheduled to begin Monday in Madison County

Last edited:
This little bit right here....

This is the one who really should have known better, IMO. Not that the rest shouldn't have also, but this one had things going for him that the others did not. He is also the one that went on a cruise while he was out on bail and I never quite figured out how that happened or why it was allowed. I do think they eventually re-arrested him and denied him another bond.

Trial for Dwan Wakefield scheduled to begin Monday in Madison County

from my notes:

Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring.

But not sure IF he didn't post bond the second time.

Anyone here get into the MS court site? I can't.... Maybe it's on there if anyone finds it! He is in Madison County court site.

TIA! :)

Tuesday, October 29th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ 1pm CT) - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017, Jackson-killed by 3 carjackers) - only for *Dwan Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Plead not guilty. Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring.
Trial started on 10/28.
10/28/19 Day 1: Jury selection done. Trial continues with opening statements on 10/29.
*Byron DeLance McBride, Jr. (19) - 8/29/19: Plead guilty & was sentenced to life without parole.
*DeAllen Tyreek Washington (17) - 2/5/18: Plead guilty to accessory after the fact to kidnapping, will testify against 2 others. On 7/18/18 motion to move sentencing to 7/23/18 granted in the interest of Justice. Sentenced to 20 years with 5 years suspended in prison.

Kingston Frazier’s mother becomes emotional as she takes the stand in Dwan Wakefield trial

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Testimony got underway Tuesday in the Dwan Wakefield trial in Madison County.

Wakefield was charged as an accessory in the murder of Kingston Frazier back in 2017. In court Tuesday, we heard opening statements and testimony from a few witnesses.
[.....]

Taking the stand first was Eboni Archie, Kingston Frazier’s mother. She wept when she was asked to identify him in a picture.

She then described what happened the night she left him asleep in her car at the I-55 Kroger.
[.....]
Testimony will resume in the case on Wednesday.

and another article:
Kingston Frazier’s mother testifies in trial against Dwan Wakefield

Wednesday, October 30th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 9am CT) - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017, Jackson-killed by 3 carjackers) - only for *Dwan Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Plead not guilty. Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring.
Trial began on 10/28.
10/28/19 Day 1: Jury selection. Trial continues with opening statements on 10/29.
10/29/19 Day 2: Opening statements done. State witnesses: Eboni Archie, Kingston Frazier’s mother. Prosecutors also showed jurors surveillance video of the night of the kidnapping and murder from the cameras at the Kroger. Hinds County Deputy James Myers. Trial continues on 10/30.

Thursday, October 31st:
*Trial continues (Day 4)-Closing Arguments (@ 9am CT) - MS - Kingston Frazier (6) (May 18, 2017, Jackson-killed by 3 carjackers) - only for *Dwan Wakefield, Jr. (17) charged (3/12/18) with accessory after the fact to murder, accessory after the fact of kidnapping & accessory after the fact to motor vehicle theft as adult. Plead not guilty. Faces up to 45 years in prison. Was released on $275 bond, but was re-arrested (3/12/18) & put behind bars. A bond hearing on 3/27/18: Judge reset bond at $275K with electronic monitoring.
Trial began on 10/28.
10/28/19 Day 1: Jury selection. Trial continues with opening statements on 10/29.
10/29/19 Day 2: Opening statements done. State witnesses: Eboni Archie, Kingston Frazier’s mother. Prosecutors also showed jurors surveillance video of the night of the kidnapping and murder from the cameras at the Kroger. Hinds County Deputy James Myers. Trial continues on 10/30.
10/30/19 Day 3: State witnesses: were investigators who worked on this case. State Medical Examiner Dr. Mark LeVaughn. Most of the morning an audio tape (2 hours) was played to the jury of the interrogation of Wakefield after he was arrested. State rests, as does the defense. Jurors will receive their instructions & closing arguments in the case will begin Thursday 10/31 at 9 a.m. If convicted on all counts, Wakefield could be sentenced to 45 years in prison.

@Quill - never mind - just got an article in my google alert!

Jury convicts Wakefield in Kingston Frazier case

The jury began deliberations about 10:30 a.m. Thursday and returned with a verdict less than four hours later, finding Dwan Wakefield, 20, guilty on all four counts of of accessory after the fact to murder, kidnapping and motor vehicle theft.
[.....]
Wakefield could face 45 years in prison when he is sentenced Dec. 16.

That article link doesn't go to "found guilty" but an article from the previous day??

Can you give a 10% synopsis on this - i.e. how long the jurors took to reach a guilty verdict & if there is a sentencing date?

TIA!
Oh how odd! It was the correct article at the time I linked it. Really weird!

@Quill - never mind - just got an article in my google alert!

Jury convicts Wakefield in Kingston Frazier case

The jury began deliberations about 10:30 a.m. Thursday and returned with a verdict less than four hours later, finding Dwan Wakefield, 20, guilty on all four counts of of accessory after the fact to murder, kidnapping and motor vehicle theft.
[.....]
Wakefield could face 45 years in prison when he is sentenced Dec. 16.

I hope he rots!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back