Nancy Grace - 9/19/08 - Friday

Also, if LE doesn't follow up on all angles, it gives the defense too much opportunity to raise reasonable doubt.

That may have happened before the evidence came back relative to decomp, hair etc.
LE did this over a month ago but we were just told about it today. If I remember correctly as I am a tired WS addict. :blowkiss:

OK, I only caught the last 25 minutes of NG and I haven't been online very long today. I figured I had missed something, that's why I asked people not to attack me for that one.

Can I ask...and please don't attack me for this...if LE is so sure that they have a murder on their hands, then why are they knocking on doors at all hours to follow up on live sightings? I am more confused than ever.
They have to follow up on everything that seems plausible until her body is found, imo.

And now that I think about it, it does make sense. They don't have a body so it will look better if they can say at trial that they followed up on every sighting and none of them panned out. I am not firing on all cylinders tonight, but I get it now.

OK, I only caught the last 25 minutes of NG and I haven't been online very long today. I figured I had missed something, that's why I asked people not to attack me for that one.

I only know because another poster pointed it out. And I actually live in central Florida so it's been on my local news today. :)

Thanks for the details about Florida law. I knew it would be perjury under oath at a trial, but would the unoffical proceeding be like during questioning by LE?

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 837
PERJURY View Entire Chapter

837.011 Definitions.--In this chapter, unless a different meaning plainly is required:

(1) "Official proceeding" means a proceeding heard, or which may be or is required to be heard, before any legislative, judicial, administrative, or other governmental agency or official authorized to take evidence under oath, including any referee, general or special magistrate, administrative law judge, hearing officer, hearing examiner, commissioner, notary, or other person taking testimony or a deposition in connection with any such proceeding.

But this is also in the perjury statute.

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 837

837.06 False official statements.--Whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with the intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official duty
shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Just a little overview...not a huge analysis, :)and
jmo

and if I am posting this twice I apologize.

Thanks so much MiraclesHappen! The information is much appreciated.

Good night everyone :seeya: and prayers Caylee is found soon.

I thought when she was charged with a crime like check fraud of impersonating another person she should have not gotton out on bail. She should still be behind bars serving time?????????????????????????????????

Thanks so much MiraclesHappen! The information is much appreciated.

Good night everyone :seeya: and prayers Caylee is found soon.

Yes Good Night! There is a part of the perjury statute that covers investigation of a missing person and lying to or misleading, I should say, police, in that investigation.

Okay if this isn't more on point:

The 2008 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 837

837.055 False information to law enforcement during investigation.--Whoever knowingly and willfully gives false information to a law enforcement officer who is conducting a missing person investigation
or a felony criminal investigation with the intent to mislead the officer or impede the investigation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

History.--s. 1, ch.

then I will be attempting to render myself unconscious...:bang: :banghead:

I can be mean when I'm tired though, (not really:)) so I'd try to argue it's a felony and falls under a diff part of the statute.:woohoo:

My :twocents:

I think the car was abandoned with the purse in it with hopes that it would be stolen and/or to look like both Casey and Caylee were abducted.
Casey was hoping MH would supply her with a ticket to California and she would be gone. I don't think she ever planned on keeping in contact with her parents once she was out of Florida.

I agree with you completely. All that would be left in Orlando was an abandoned car with KC's pocketbook and a few other items belonging to KC and Caylee with the odor of decomp/hair in the trunk. It would have been classified as a possible kidnapping/murder - no bodies recovered. She would be in CA in "the middle of nowhere" on a military base where there might be no news coverage on the case. She never would have contacted her parents or brother again, she would have told MH he was the father of Caylee to cement the relationship a little more, and make up more lies and stories to him as necessary. Her immediate purpose was to get out of Dodge, as far away as possible.

Didn't LP say tonight that CA made numerous calls/text messages to MH on the 18th because she had to tell him something in person? Well, I'm not sure she had to tell him anything, but I think it was an escape plan. I think she was trying to run as far away as she could get. I still think JP is CA's father, but can't be really sure. But really think CA was trying to 'escape'.

I agree with you completely. All that would be left in Orlando was an abandoned car with KC's pocketbook and a few other items belonging to KC and Caylee with the odor of decomp/hair in the trunk. It would have been classified as a possible kidnapping/murder - no bodies recovered. She would be in CA in "the middle of nowhere" on a military base where there might be no news coverage on the case. She never would have contacted her parents or brother again, she would have told MH he was the father of Caylee to cement the relationship a little more, and make up more lies and stories to him as necessary. Her immediate purpose was to get out of Dodge, as far away as possible.

See this is where is makes sense but then again it doesnt. Because if she was gonna hit the high road. Why didnt she just clean put Amys account and take off to California in Amys Car. She could have been long gone with Amys money and Car before Amy returned from Puerto Rico.

I know one thing if I ever need a lawyer. I would never call Baez. Missing Child out there and all he is protecting is his client....

See this is where is makes sense but then again it doesnt. Because if she was gonna hit the high road. Why didnt she just clean put Amys account and take off to California in Amys Car. She could have been long gone with Amys money and Car before Amy returned from Puerto Rico.

That's where I think Casey is scared, she's never really tried her wings. I think she needed to have something to go to before she would take off. She was working MH imo.

I know one thing if I ever need a lawyer. I would never call Baez. Missing Child out there and all he is protecting is his client....

Don't just yet..his track record is less than stellar..give it time and I'm sure you won't be saying that in a few months.:crazy:

My :twocents:

I think the car was abandoned with the purse in it with hopes that it would be stolen and/or to look like both Casey and Caylee were abducted.
Casey was hoping MH would supply her with a ticket to California and she would be gone. I don't think she ever planned on keeping in contact with her parents once she was out of Florida.

Perhaps but wasn't she supposedly in love with Tony - would she have left Tony and gone to California? (I'm not sure if they have the same level of nightlife Casey so enjoys on a military base.) Also it doesn't seem like they were having problems until Casey was arrested and thrown in jail and Tony thought more about continuing to date a psycho.

NG & LP have copies of the phone records. I know they cannot be obtained through public records but can NG give a copy to an admin on here for posting? (Or did I miss somewhere on the site that the phone records have already been posted?)

You know what is gonna be really messed up is in the end if they convict her of murder and during the charging of her Baez says I have a guest witness and in Walks Caylee with her new Family because all along CA gave her up for adoption...

The way I understood what RD was saying was that the lady inside (security guard) told him that when the info came out about the hair, etc., inside the car that no one became upset. However, when Lee told them he said just the opposite (that she was upset, etc - who was upset Cindy or Casey?) from what the female guard had reported.

I took it to mean that Lee said Cindy got upset, not Casey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kittypoo
Back