Nancy Grace - 9/19/08 - Friday

I see you're in Florida, but do you know anything about where MH is (29Palms) ? Is there off base housing there? I just can't see Casey out there.

Someone responded earlier and said that 29 Palms is about 2 hours East of Los Angeles. From Wiki: "Twentynine Palms (also 29 Palms) is a city in San Bernardino County, California, United States. The population was 14,764 at the 2000 census."

I'm not familiar with the area myself. My husband has been stationed (Navy) in the LA area and has said 29 Palms is in the middle of nowhere.

I just went to the 29 Palms Bachelor Housing site and there are lots (over 8,000) of room for single members (E-5 and below). There is also family housing there (not that it applies to him). These are both govt quarters. However, single members are not required to live on base (per Navy regs) if they have command approval to live off base in private quarters.

Does Mike H live on or off base?
Can someone just move in with a soldier?
No red tape?

If the soldier has off base living quarters, lol! If he lives on the base, she is out of luck. You have to go through a waiting list for housing, which you can't get unless you are married. And you CANNOT live in the barracks, which he most likely lived in. Now, do we know anything about M's future, like what his orders may be or the future? Maybe get herself there and then talk him into marrying him if he has orders for Iraq? I live in one of the most military cities in the country. Largest Naval Base in the world here and we have bases for all branches, including coast guard. I see women all the time who talk guys going to Iraq into marrying them...and not for good reasons, if you know what I mean.

I have been saying for weeks that I believe that what she had to tell him was that the baby was his. I am sure she has no clue, but was going to say that over the phone or just get far enough into it to make him curious enough to pay for her plane ticket.

But now, I wonder if she planned on telling him enough to get him curious and get there and then tell him that she was moving there and she gave custody of the baby "to the father" temporarily or whatever. Then blow off Cindy for a while after she got there and maybe tell CA that the real father has come around and for some reason he got custody if she got caught before she disappeared. Who knows! If this was a novel, it would take up more pages than a set of encyclopedias and I would have lost it and read the last page long ago.

I've been there the base is huge and in the middle of the dessert. It's actually not very pretty and there isn't much there.
I got that impression looking at Google and the picture view of the 29Palms Hwy. The high-life of L.A. it isn't! :eek:

Someone responded earlier and said that 29 Palms is about 2 hours East of Los Angeles. From Wiki: "Twentynine Palms (also 29 Palms) is a city in San Bernardino County, California, United States. The population was 14,764 at the 2000 census."

I'm not familiar with the area myself. My husband has been stationed (Navy) in the LA area and has said 29 Palms is in the middle of nowhere.

I just went to the 29 Palms Bachelor Housing site and there are lots (over 8,000) of room for single members (E-5 and below). There is also family housing there (not that it applies to him). These are both govt quarters. However, single members are not required to live on base (per Navy regs) if they have command approval to live off base in private quarters.
Thanks so much for your reply about the housing. I could see it seems very isolated! :)

Maybe she couldn't get Mark H to cough up the cash for a plane ticket.

But if that was the case, why spend all of Amy's checks buying things at Target instead of buying a plane ticket? Unless she was stocking up on supplies she needed for her new life.

It will be interesting to see what MH has to say about these calls. For all we know her "wiles" didn't work on him and she didn't feel like she could use him if she did make it out there.

Or she thought she was successfully fooling everyone, so Cali didn't seem that necessary after awhile.

I have thought when looking at a lot of pictures and videos of Caylee that the smile didn't make it all the way to her eyes. In very few pictures does she seem truly happy like a little girl should be.
I've noticed that too, especially in that one photo of her in the car seat. And what's with the big sunglasses and all the "dress up" in so many of the photos?

It was never very clear but in Ricardo's statement he became aware somehow that Casey had his credit card, he said there were no big charges or some such so just paid his bill.

I was wondering if TonE found Ricardo's credit card when he found Amy's check book. That would explain the vague way Ricardo decribes finding out Casey had his credit card. Casey may have thought she had that to grab a ticket with.

Surely Casey would be smart enough to figure out that a charge like that could be traced and she would be located in Cali quite easily. Actually that is a question as I am never ceased to be amazed by her stupidity.

Casey looking at enough Jail Time regardless of the Outcome of finding little Caylee!!!

My :twocents:

I think the car was abandoned with the purse in it with hopes that it would be stolen and/or to look like both Casey and Caylee were abducted.
Casey was hoping MH would supply her with a ticket to California and she would be gone. I don't think she ever planned on keeping in contact with her parents once she was out of Florida.

If it ever comes out that they lied during the bond hearing, can they be tried for perjury?

amethyst221 is correct! They can be charged with perjury, but it is unlikely unless it actually would have made a difference in the case. Personally, I hope that all of them are charged with something significant enough that none of them are allowed to make any money from this mess.

Casey looking at enough Jail Time regardless of the Outcome of finding little Caylee!!!
I thought of that earlier too when I saw Nancy's show ~ that is, if the sentences were consecutive. :behindbar

If the soldier has off base living quarters, lol! If he lives on the base, she is out of luck. You have to go through a waiting list for housing, which you can't get unless you are married. And you CANNOT live in the barracks, which he most likely lived in. Now, do we know anything about M's future, like what his orders may be or the future? Maybe get herself there and then talk him into marrying him if he has orders for Iraq? I live in one of the most military cities in the country. Largest Naval Base in the world here and we have bases for all branches, including coast guard. I see women all the time who talk guys going to Iraq into marrying them...and not for good reasons, if you know what I mean.

I have been saying for weeks that I believe that what she had to tell him was that the baby was his. I am sure she has no clue, but was going to say that over the phone or just get far enough into it to make him curious enough to pay for her plane ticket.

But now, I wonder if she planned on telling him enough to get him curious and get there and then tell him that she was moving there and she gave custody of the baby "to the father" temporarily or whatever. Then blow off Cindy for a while after she got there and maybe tell CA that the real father has come around and for some reason he got custody if she got caught before she disappeared. Who knows! If this was a novel, it would take up more pages than a set of encyclopedias and I would have lost it and read the last page long ago.

response to bolding. i know dudes in the military that got married for better housing. what if MH, talking to KC so much, one day was kidding around and said, i need a bigger pad, come out here and marry me so i can get a second bathroom. that would be all she needed to hear...

Isn't lying to the FBI a federal crime? Maybe this security guard has information that will prove that Cindy and GA lied to the FBI. They could be arrested which would put more pressure on KC to confess.....?

My :twocents:

I think the car was abandoned with the purse in it with hopes that it would be stolen and/or to look like both Casey and Caylee were abducted.
Casey was hoping MH would supply her with a ticket to California and she would be gone. I don't think she ever planned on keeping in contact with her parents once she was out of Florida.

I tend to agree but then, why did she call Tony to pick her up from the Amscott???

Joined the dark side? His license plate is like Vader05, right? :)

And coincidently: I recall on his myspace page his status at one time was "jedi" which I was confused by for obvious reasons so I consulted urban dictionary.com.

Found out that it can mean someone who lives in their parent's basement. Which would make sense if he was playing detective full time or was living there to protect Casey (as she had just gotten out on bail).

I really wanted to like this guy, but alas it is not to be. :)

Twentynine Palms is 143 miles west of where I live. It is 144 miles east of Los angeles. Smack dab in the Mohave Desert.

LOTS of desert. Lots of places Casey could "disappear". Many people get lost in the Mohave desert and are never found.

Not the same as living in a large city with lots of nightlife.
I think MH's military career would work well for kc. She could earn money as the west coast Lake Vaj party planner while MH was off protecting our country.

Isn't lying to the FBI a federal crime? Maybe this security guard has information that will prove that Cindy and GA lied to the FBI. They could be arrested which would put more pressure on KC to confess.....?
Yes, you can go to prison for lying to the FBI. :behindbar

I've been there the base is huge and in the middle of the dessert. It's actually not very pretty and there isn't much there.

I know several people at 29P. They don't call it 29 Stumps for nothing! It's very desolate.

Lee has changed his story.
Flat out lying.
Air sample results didn't bother KC!
Lee lied about KC's reactions! Complete bs!
OOOhhhhh!
I just watched this on the NG repeat! :furious: :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beauxhope34