Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out that Allison used to ride the P4 shuttle bus with coworkers of mine. I've not been on it with her due to time schedules. But she hasn't been seen on P4 bus in awhile. But as a supervisor, she did park in the manager lot which is just past terminal one. It is like a 5-7 mins walk to it from terminal 2.

Additionally most of us wear badges on our upper arm or around neck and I keep my debit card with my badge in the case and not my wallet, so maybe she did, too. It's pretty common.

Many of the HMS Starbucks employees work at all of the different locations in terminal 1 and 2, and while I don't know Allison by name, she's served me coffee and few times and I know some her coworkers well. Needless to say, the feeling at the airport is a sense of sadness and fear for her safe return.

There is a ton of theories and gossip going around, but none I'm comfortable posting yet, as it's just gossip at this point and the FBI has been made aware of the gossip.

We do just keep hoping she is safe.

Just some thoughts as I read through this whole thread, if its someone known to her than they must know there is no cameras where she parks. I mean its pretty risky to kidnap someone in an airport where its usually pretty security heavy. so they either knew there was no cameras or something.
Weird they knew how much she had in her account? Like i guess she could have said i only have $23 but its a random amount.
It could also just be a different account than her savings. I have savings in a account that cant be withdrawn at a atm and i have to actually transfer it over on my netbank and usually only have about $100 in the actual spending account the majority of the time.
Weird she didnt take her phone. I take my phone when I go on my lunch break even if i just run out to subway and come back like most young people these days i walk and text at the same time and scroll on social media while waiting for my lunch to be made. Like i very rarely would go anywhere without my phone.
Something definitely off about this. And I also dont believe she ran away. I mean why go to work at all or why not just wait til after your shift so you dont have people looking for you straight away.

Sarah is the one responsible for getting Allison to go to her car and check on a car registration. Why? They live together..couldnt it wait till they got home?

She only had 23.00...then robbery is not the motive. And why would a criminal go to the airport to steal a car?

Sarah is the one responsible for getting Allison to go to her car and check on a car registration. Why? They live together..couldnt it wait till they got home?

I totally found that odd too. I feel like its going to be someone she knows.

The rescue she's associated with....I have concerns there as well. Constant posts about needing money, and yet, the constant travels.... who is taking care of the dogs during all that time away from them?

AND, does Starbucks pay that well? Where are the funds coming from for all that traveling?

Something just doesn't add up.....

If there's foul play, yes, someone she knows. Someone who knew she would be going to her car. Because, otherwise, if a stranger, it wasn't normal for Allison to be going to her vehicle at that time, soooo, unless she wasn't targeted, and someone just happened to be in the parking lot, waiting to abduct someone, it just doesn't add up.

I am NOT body shaming here.....I'm stating a fact. It's listed that Allison is 5'5'' and 200 lbs. How would someone put her in a trunk, or whatever altercation resulting in an abduction in that tight time frame? Logically, I don't see how. It was a smaller car, right? Not an SUV, or van.

If she was already in the car, looking for that registration, then I guess someone could have gotten into the drivers side, but how did they contain Allison in order to drive away? Truly the only way I can vision is holding a gun, or other weapon on Allison and making her drive away.

Help me out folks! What am I missing here?

**The poster that made the post about 'N', thinking that's the wrong branch but correct tree. Seems Allison was living with biological sisters....recent riff between the sisters, and one moved out. That one not speaking to Allison or the remaining roomate/sister.

What came to mind for me was that scam where someone lets the air out of your tire, and they just happen to come by as you discover it, they offer to help you change it, next thing you know you're in the trunk (they would have to fill it or change it though), or they have a flat, (standing by a car that is not theirs that they let the air out of) and ask you to lend them a jack. They would have to know you were coming though. Or they ask you for cables, and you open the trunk. Just thoughts.

We just had a bizarre spate of kidnappings in Durham.

A whole family -- four people! -- was kidnapped from their house, forced into their car, and taken to Target for some forced shopping. Fortunately, that and the three other kidnappings (all involving forced ATM withdrawals) that week were the same guy and he was caught in the Target parking lot.

Who knows what he planned to do with the family once he got done at Target. I doubt the plan was to just drop them all back safely at home.

You cannot make this stuff up: http://wncn.com/2017/06/20/gunman-k...cing-them-to-atms-for-cash-durham-police-say/

The reason I don't think the roommates are involved is because why would they plan to abduct her from work during a break when they could do it at home, out of the eyes of the public?

Is it possible that texts involving registration could have been code for something else? For example, maybe she ran out to her car to give something or exchange something with someone, and it went sideways. Just a thought...

The rescue she's associated with....I have concerns there as well. Constant posts about needing money, and yet, the constant travels.... who is taking care of the dogs during all that time away from them?

AND, does Starbucks pay that well? Where are the funds coming from for all that traveling?

Something just doesn't add up.....

If there's foul play, yes, someone she knows. Someone who knew she would be going to her car. Because, otherwise, if a stranger, it wasn't normal for Allison to be going to her vehicle at that time, soooo, unless she wasn't targeted, and someone just happened to be in the parking lot, waiting to abduct someone, it just doesn't add up.

I am NOT body shaming here.....I'm stating a fact. It's listed that Allison is 5'5'' and 200 lbs. How would someone put her in a trunk, or whatever altercation resulting in an abduction in that tight time frame? Logically, I don't see how. It was a smaller car, right? Not an SUV, or van.

If she was already in the car, looking for that registration, then I guess someone could have gotten into the drivers side, but how did they contain Allison in order to drive away? Truly the only way I can vision is holding a gun, or other weapon on Allison and making her drive away.

Help me out folks! What am I missing here?

**The poster that made the post about 'N', thinking that's the wrong branch but correct tree. Seems Allison was living with biological sisters....recent riff between the sisters, and one moved out. That one not speaking to Allison or the remaining roomate/sister.
My thoughts about the bolded inquiries in your above post:

Travels may be funded as part of a photography job. http://www.myheartmylens.com/investment

At least 3 people work at the dog shelter. They may have other lower paid employees or volunteers helping. She could easily travel for other work.

She's worked at Starbucks for 4 years, and is a supervisor. It probably pays somewhat decent.

I agree that someone knew she would be at her car. My theory is that she met someone "there" to be incognito. Who and why are still questionable.

Going to get "registration" may have been code or something else. Thus, meeting someone there.

There seems to be conflicting stories on how she left. One article her roommate says she was told her friend walked out of Starbucks (SB) and turned left. The same article quotes the same roommate as saying that they told her she went down throught the bottom to where they normally take out the trash which is not a normal route for her & says that's a little weird for her.

My thoughts are that I wouldn't think if she went down to bottom where they take out trash that would be through some kind of back door in SB as they wouldn't take the trash out the front door. Yet in the same article it says she walked out of SB and turned left, which sounds like she walked out of the main entrance to SB.

Other articles say she was seen going down the escalator, which is probable if she left throught the main entrance of SB but wouldn't fit with her going down to where they take the trash out as they wouldn't go down the escalator with trash.

The statement about her going down through the bottom just jumps out at me!! Though it doesn't fit with her going out the main door of SB or going down the escalator. Either way, I am thinking another employee of some sort (not necessarily from SB) is involved in her dissapearance. Especially if she did go down through the bottom where they normally take the trash!!

My thought on the debit card purchase of gas at the Shell Station. It very well may have been from her weekend trip that has been mentioned. A purchase over the weekend wouldn't actually post to her account until Monday. My bank would show it as pending though with the actual date of purchase until the close of business on Monday. Then it would show Monday as the date of transaction. I'm not sure who gave the information about this...the roommate/friend or police. If it was the roommate she would have to have access to her bank account to know this. That is possible because many people will share their login info & passwords with someone they trust in the event something happens to them. If that was the case, depending on how the bank displays the info of transactions on their website, she may have been able to only see the date the transaction actually posted to the account. If it came from the police, they should know for sure what day the actual transaction took place.

http://abc11.com/news/still-no-sign-of-missing-rdu-worker/2156930/
http://www.wral.com/24-year-old-rdu-employee-reported-missing-after-taking-break-at-work/16787859/

No updates on our local news this morning. Has anyone seen any mention of her family and whether she's from NC originally? I've tried to read everything and don't remember any of this being mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only 10 minutes passed from the time she left work until the time her car left the parking lot, it seems unlikely that someone had time to overpower her, get her car keys, get her in the car, and drive out of the lot. It seems more likely that she drove herself out of the parking lot (time-wise anyway). If someone lured her out of the RDU campus, or she left voluntarily, would be the mystery

That would be assuming that she drove the car out of the lot and not some perpetrator. Or someone did carjack her and they wrecked the car. That's possible too if she was fighting with someone in the vehicle. :(

MOO

There is water and wooded area near the airport, but it is a very busy airport and all the road around link to highways so they are well traveled most hours of the day. I find it hard to believe if there was wreck that it would not have been seen.

No updates on our local news this morning. Has anyone seen any mention of her family and whether she's from NC originally? I've tried to read everything and don't remember any of this being mentioned.

They say she is from CA & I saw an article that spoke with her mother who still lives in CA.

Allison is originally from California. Her mother still lived in California. Allison's brother, Allan, lives here in Raleigh. A few posts back a video was posted from a news station that states it.

Here is an article:

http://wncn.com/2017/06/28/missing-rdu-workers-mom-heartbroken-and-overwhelmed/

CBS North Carolina Wednesday spoke by phone with Cope’s mother, Karen, who lives in California.

If she didn't leave on her own, how would a perp have gotten to the airport...and why would he take a car with such a noticeable sticker on the window. Was she specially targeted. It seems as if she was purposely lured to her car by someone she knew...or she left on her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther