Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my roommate texted me about an auto registration possibly being in my car, I wouldn't run out to check under those circumstances. I would if the car was right out front, like 30' away, but I wouldn't do it if I worked at an airport. What a hassle. But then, I'm old and lazy. ;)

1) There had been texts exchanged regarding her registration. That doesn't mean she actually went out to look for it. In fact, I doubt that's why she went out to her car since she immediately drove away from the airport.

<modsnip> It was my understanding that she told the roommate she'd go look for it. I'm only going by the information that I've seen here. <modsnip> We are all here grasping at straws trying to figure out what happened and thinking out loud.

It's pretty obvious she had something other than the registration in mind since she drove off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this will help someone figure out what she was holding.
attachment.php

I agree 100%.

1) it's already been stated that she went to her car to check on her roommate's registration

2) if she took off to go get a dog, and knew she'd be gone a while, she would have told her coworkers

3) she didn't have her phone, so it's not like she was already at her car looking for the car registration when she got an "emergency" call to get a dog and took off

4) she had been working there at Starbucks for four years and was in a management position - I doubt she'd blow that to run after a dog without telling anyone.

If Ms. Cope took off to get a dog, she certainly would have received information of the dog electronically or from her roommate. She probably would have told her boss, too, before taking off.

Also, wouldn't she have returned by now? Why didn't she tell anyone she was leaving? Why didn't she take her belongings with her? Ms. Cope's roommate even said that Ms. Cope couldn't put her phone down.

I haven't followed too closely, so i may be missing pieces.
Can I assume that LE know what the texts from the roommate were about because they have seen them on the phone?
If the car was hers, why was the roommate texting about her registration?

Who owns the car .. whose registration?
Sorry if this has been covered

It is in the US, at least for restaurant workers. I can't tell you how many times when I was on waitstaff at a restaurant that I worked until closing (12:30 am) and was scheduled for a breakfast shift at 6:30 am the next morning.

ETA: this was in response to a question about whether the spacing of her shifts less than 7 hours apart is legal, since it isn't in some other countries. I meant to quote the post.

I haven't followed too closely, so i may be missing pieces.
Can I assume that LE know what the texts from the roommate were about because they have seen them on the phone?
If the car was hers, why was the roommate texting about her registration?

Who owns the car .. whose registration?
Sorry if this has been covered

LE have searched Ms. Cope's apartment, meaning they were able to obtain the requisite search warrant. If they were able to obtain that warrant, I'm sure they were able to obtain a lesser warrant in order to search her cell phone, which they have in their possession.

I think that's a safe assumption to make.

Yeah, when I worked at starbucks (not sure which shift she worked) some of my managers worked until 10:00 pm and were scheduled for morning shifts at 4:00 am. I always thought that was crazy and probably shouldn't be allowed, but I wasn't the boss.

LE have searched Ms. Cope's apartment, meaning they were able to obtain the requisite search warrant. If they were able to obtain that warrant, I'm sure they were able to obtain a lesser warrant in order to search her cell phone, which they have in their possession.

I think that's a safe assumption to make.
If AC went by her home prior to leaving I'm wondering if LE found the registration the roommate needed. I feel sure she would have left it at her home if she did go there and assuming the registration was actually in her car.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I wonder if there was any friction within the house. Roommates. Friends, business partnersx2 ex SIL. Just thinking outloud. I love my beastie but we have our limits. And we need time away from each other. Could one of the businesses been causing some friction? Moo

Just a thought concerning what may appear to be AC's " dark eyes ', smeared mascara? speculation.

If my roommate texted me about an auto registration possibly being in my car, I wouldn't run out to check under those circumstances. I would if the car was right out front, like 30' away, but I wouldn't do it if I worked at an airport. What a hassle. But then, I'm old and lazy. ;)

Do we know whether or not the Starbucks where she worked was in the secured area of the airport? I have been to this airport several times and there is definitely a Starbucks that is near the baggage claim area and outside of the secured areas of the airport. I could definitely see her running a quick errand on her break from that Starbucks since she wouldn't have to go through security.

In one of the articles I read her roommate mentions that they had an upcoming wedding shoot scheduled (early July, I believe). She also said they were planning to take a trip together. The trip plans would indicate that she may have some money stashed away. I wonder if anyone was home that afternoon to know if she went home to retrieve cash.

Do we know whether or not the Starbucks where she worked was in the secured area of the airport? I have been to this airport several times and there is definitely a Starbucks that is near the baggage claim area and outside of the secured areas of the airport. I could definitely see her running a quick errand on her break from that Starbucks since she wouldn't have to go through security.

She was last seen on the job at the pre-security Terminal 2 Starbucks, according to the New York Daily News.

This case is so close to me and I really am puzzled. I'd like to echo what has been said about her leaving her phone. It was either "I'll be right back" or "I don't want to be traced" b/c the biggest thing for me is she willingly left the airport and went to the gas station (as seen on the footage- appears to not be in distress or with anyone that we know of). Really scratching my head here. IMO

If someone is responsible for this maybe she went to her car and there was a note there. Saying meet me here or something. To do with dogs or perhaps something else? Maybe getting her to the car to look for papers was just a set up?
I'm trying to think of other possibilities other then what I think happened :( jmo

Is it possible that since this looks like she could've left by choice that LE will stop the investigation?

Just a thought about the car registration. Allison and her roommate were in two businesses together. Both of their vehicles sported a back window decal of one of the businesses. No doubt the vehicles, and their expenses, went through at least one of the businesses. If her business partner was trying to renew or renegotiate insurance on the vehicles, it would probably be pretty important to have the registration with the VIN numbers of both vehicles to do so. So that would be the reason for the text at 1:40pm. Did AC consider it urgent? Probably not or, as the supervisor, she probably would have just gone out to her car then, assuming there were other employees in the shop. But all she would need to do is take a picture of whatever she had in the car and text it to her business partner. So going to the car on "break", without the phone, makes me wonder if that is the reason why she went to her car. And why haven't we heard how long that break was supposed to be?

We know she did not drive directly to the gas station in Wake Forest from the parking lot at RDU. Where did she stop first? Why? Did she go to the house and were either of the other 2 roommates home to know that she did not? I'm going to assume they were not or they would have mentioned that they knew she did not go home at any point. Where do they keep the dogs when they are all at work? Did she stop by the house to see the dogs before heading on her way to somewhere only she knows about?

MOO

She was last seen on the job at the pre-security Terminal 2 Starbucks, according to the New York Daily News.

I believe I also heard that it was near a ticketing counter?

I believe I also heard that it was near a ticketing counter?

Yes, that particular starbucks is close to the Delta ticket counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member