NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I was just wondering if there was such a case. Would love to see her puter history.

My guess would be one of the Parsons said Jamie said it.Hes not out of the woods yet since he ratted them out about over Erica being missing. jmo

Yeah, if anybody is in the target zone, it's Jamie.

But the Parsons took just about everything but the kitchen sink, and we're not even sure about the sink, so why didn't they take the microwave, something they could have sold on craigslist?

Yeah, if anybody is in the target zone, it's Jamie.

But the Parsons took just about everything but the kitchen sink, and we're not even sure about the sink, so why didn't they take the microwave, something they could have sold on craigslist?

And the FBI will be asking that very question. Really a good point too. They took everything but that and then the fire. May be hard to blame that on Jamie if they tried . He needs to watch his back though. His is coming.

"The microwave has given us trouble before. I even texted Steve (William Parsons) that information so he was aware the microwave gave trouble. Me and my husband bought the microwave. It was bought as-is at a discount price," Parsons said. "In June of this year we had a fire, same house, in the meter box, not a big fire, due to the microwave."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-...ons-home-may-not-be-accidental-227257831.html

I'm guessing we'll learn that there's no record of the fire caused by the microwave in June because Casey and Sandy put out the fire and they saw no need to contact the fire department.

If you had a microwave that caused "electrical problems" including a fire "several times before," why would you keep it?

Well wouldnt you just throw the darn thing out rather than take a chance of burning the house down? And wouldnt you have an electrician come and check the box?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-...ons-home-may-not-be-accidental-227257831.html

I'm guessing we'll learn that there's no record of the fire caused by the microwave in June because Casey and Sandy put out the fire and they saw no need to contact the fire department.

If you had a microwave that caused "electrical problems" including a fire "several times before," why would you keep it?

Ill give it a try. So you could burn the house down and collect insurance?

If you were to have a fire in the meter box, as CP states, that would be a big deal. How one could tell the microwave caused it is a mystery to me unless the microwave was on a dedicated breaker, or on a circuit that was overloaded once the microwave was added into the circuit. That's why they're called circuit breakers, the circuit is designed to "break" once it's overloaded.

Earlier this year there was a massive storm over my parent's house, while I was staying with them. It was so big that it triggered some kind of anxiety problem in their seven year old cat. We suspected the lightening hit very close by because we lost power. My dad's truck even had no dash board lights the next morning. But, when he flipped the breaker, I heard two loud pops and began to smell smoke. One pop had been the power bar to the tv, etc.....the other one fried their microwave. When dad opened the door, the plate was turning on its own. LOL Anyways, my parents did the logical thing and went and bought a new microwave the next day.

The Parsons, however, defy logic.

I think that it is interesting that when the news station went in to the house and made pictures of the mess, William stated to them that the kitchen needed to be redone and the carpets need replacing. Then the power comes back on, he flips the breakers and wahlah, the kitchen will be redone and the carpet is full of smoke and water so it will be replaced. All the cost will be paid by the insurance company. IMO I wonder if Casey, Sandy and William all knew this would happen, or if William is really in the dark about all of it. So confusing.!

"Casey Parsons says the family had electrical problems caused by the microwave several times before.

"The microwave has given us trouble before. I even texted Steve (William Parsons) that information so he was aware the microwave gave trouble. Me and my husband bought the microwave. It was bought as-is at a discount price," Parsons said. "In June of this year we had a fire, same house, in the meter box, not a big fire, due to the microwave."

Parsons says it left the family without power for about 18 hours and the meter box had to be replaced.

Parsons also says no one they know of bragged about starting a microwave fire. They haven't been in the house in a while and were saddened to hear about the fire because it was their family home until they moved out."

Let me get this straight. Casey said the "microwave" was causing all the trouble "several times" prior. Since Casey is now admitting she and Sandy purchased this, second hand, discounted priced, microwave, that then became the central issue "several times," including a previous fire, same house, in the meter box, ALL DUE TO THE MICROWAVE, then why in God's name would they leave it there for Sandy's father, or the next tenants to start another fire!!

You just get rid of the source of the problem, THE MICROWAVE !!!
Plus for the safety of the children living in the home at the time!

Besides, wasn't it the Parsons who said they spent THOUSANDS of dollars upgrading the house, and weren't they suppose to be "lease to own" this house? And didn't their FOR SALE ad of the house on Craigslist indicate "Everything is completely redone?"

Anyone familiar with any of these cases where someone rigged an appliance to short when the breaker was turned on? I believe CP stories are pieces of other cases. Casey Anthony and Hailey Dunn off top of my head.

Not specifically rigged appliances, but reading your question the recent case of Hannah Anderson popped into my mind. It was big news, but the thread here has been closed. Her abductor, Joe DiMaggio, rigged the house where her mother and brother's bodies were found to catch fire after they were already far away from the scene.

(Please excuse typos, I am typing on a tablet.....

A meter box would have had to be replaced by the power company, but if CP is talking about the breaker box or circuit panel, it should have been replaced by an electrician or at least someone with enough knowledge of house wiring to be able to do it.
Makes me wonder if there are any kind of building codes in the county that someone didn't bother with.
If CP and SP were buying the house, why would they expect SP's father to do the remodeling and needed repairs?

A meter box would have had to be replaced by the power company, but if CP is talking about the breaker box or circuit panel, it should have been replaced by an electrician or at least someone with enough knowledge of house wiring to be able to do it.
Makes me wonder if there are any kind of building codes in the county that someone didn't bother with.
If CP and SP were buying the house, why would they expect SP's father to do the remodeling and needed repairs?

If you went to that kind of expense having a new breaker box put in why keep a faulty microwave you bought used when you can go to Walmart and buy a pretty cheap one now a days? Also notice how no one has said at least publicly she was one one that made the statement and she is denying it already?

If you went to that kind of expense having a new breaker box put in why keep a faulty microwave you bought used when you can go to Walmart and buy a pretty cheap one now a days? Also notice how no one has said at least publicly she was one one that made the statement and she is denying it already?

I don't know, but I know it wouldn't take but one fire for me to get rid of an appliance that could potentially burn the house down. I'm still curious as to how someone could trace that specific appliance to a fire in the breaker box unless they knew it was faulty or the circuit itself was faulty. If the power company replaced a meter box there will definitely be a record of that so I think CP was most likely speaking of the breaker box. Maybe financial records would indicate whether there was any purchase of that sort.

Who knows if there ever was a previous fire. Sounds like a cya story because the FBI is investigating. No one would really be that stupid to keep on using something that almost burned the house down already. Especially something that cheap. If she is telling the truth what if one of the kids had used it when they weren't paying attention?

I'm wondering if the insurance will even pay out. Wondering if they have some kind of building code. You would think so.

Since she said they had issues before and it was unsafe if they didnt have work done by a licensed electrician Im wondering if insurance can refuse to pay? But his dad would probably have to sue Sandy and Casey if that happened and I best he wouldn't. She keeps digging a deeper hole all the time with her mouth.

And better yet, why keep a faulty microwave plugged in?

Why not unplug it and slap a sticky on the front that says "Microwave Broke!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member